Yet another post about North Carolina's bathroom law

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
I'm going to make this short and sweet, because I have a ginormous headache.

But I'm just curious... the DOJ says North Carolina's bathroom law violates the Civil Right Act. It simply requires the person to use the bathroom that matches the biological gender listed on their birth certificate. But how can it violate the Civil Rights Act when in fact, sex-segregated bathrooms have been the standard since 1739? Now it becomes a problem?

Oh, and for a tidbit of history: did you know that by 1920 48 states had passed laws regarding sex-segregated bathrooms. The burning question here now is: what's the DOJ gonna do? Accuse every state in the union of violating the Civil Rights Act now?

But I'm just curious... the DOJ says North Carolina's bathroom law violates the Civil Right Act. It simply requires the person to use the bathroom that matches the biological gender listed on their birth certificate. But how can it violate the Civil Rights Act when in fact, sex-segregated bathrooms have been the standard since 1739? Now it becomes a problem?

Oh, and for a tidbit of history: did you know that by 1920 48 states had passed laws regarding sex-segregated bathrooms. The burning question here now is: what's the DOJ gonna do? Accuse every state in the union of violating the Civil Rights Act now?
Are you volunteering to examine genitals?

Scrap the stupid law.

Why oh why did NC pass this llaw? Did they have noted problems of men using women restroom and vice versa?

I don't think so, so why was the law created?

Scrap the stupid law.

Why oh why did NC pass this llaw? Did they have noted problems of men using women restroom and vice versa?

Thats right. It wasnt in reaction to a physical problem, but to an abstract political motion. The far left and middle right are basically allies in bullying minorities.

I don't want my granddaughter to involuntarily have to examine a she-mans genitals when she uses a public. restroom. That's what you liberals are trying to force.

Scrap the stupid law.

See what Target is trying to do? That's what they're trying to stop. That's why the law was passed. Comprende?

I don't want my granddaughter to involuntarily have to examine a she-mans genitals when she uses a public. restroom. That's what you liberals are trying to force.
Er, I'm as far from being a liberal as is the distance from here to the edge of the universe.

Scrap the stupid law.

There have also been many documented cases of perverts trying to use the transgender card to get into the women's bathroom.

Er, I'm as far from being a liberal as is the distance from here to the edge of the universe.
Oldschool is not.

Does your granddaughter plan to burst into the stall the transgender person is using?

Stupid question.
A perv with a camera was caught un the bathroom with a little girl, though. Guess you wouldn't mind if that was YOUR daughter...

But it is a result of libs caring more about the rights of pervs than women and children...

With all the problems in the country, everything that needs to be fixed / addressed, it is appropriate that THIS is at the top of Libs' agenda....

the DOJ is right. you should probably look into what equal treatment under the law is.

You don't know what the law is. You speak from a position of ignorance.

Stupid question.
A perv with a camera was caught un the bathroom with a little girl, though. Guess you wouldn't mind if that was YOUR daughter...

that has nothing to do with this law except in the delusions of rightwingnuts

Scrap the stupid law.

You also don't know what the law is. You think we are talking about a law that permits something. We are not.

You know what, I've never seen another dude's genitals when I use the bathroom. Most people don't wave their genitals around in the facilities.

But it is a result of libs caring more about the rights of pervs than women and children...

With all the problems in the country, everything that needs to be fixed / addressed, it is appropriate that THIS is at the top of Libs' agenda....

All the DOJ said was that state institutions in NC could lose their federal funding if they don't comply with federal law,
which is standard practice.

Forum List

Back