Yet another post about North Carolina's bathroom law

I don't want my granddaughter to involuntarily have to examine a she-mans genitals when she uses a public. restroom. That's what you liberals are trying to force.

You know what, I've never seen another dude's genitals when I use the bathroom. Most people don't wave their genitals around in the facilities.

How do you know that Joe is you're not sneaking peeks? A real meat gazer

-Geaux

But it is a result of libs caring more about the rights of pervs than women and children...

With all the problems in the country, everything that needs to be fixed / addressed, it is appropriate that THIS is at the top of Libs' agenda....

All the DOJ said was that state institutions in NC could lose their federal funding if they don't comply with federal law,
which is standard practice.

States choose to avoid Federal Law. This is nothing new

-Geaux

I'm going to make this short and sweet, because I have a ginormous headache.

But I'm just curious... the DOJ says North Carolina's bathroom law violates the Civil Right Act. It simply requires the person to use the bathroom that matches the biological gender listed on their birth certificate. But how can it violate the Civil Rights Act when in fact, sex-segregated bathrooms have been the standard since 1739? Now it becomes a problem?

Oh, and for a tidbit of history: did you know that by 1920 48 states had passed laws regarding sex-segregated bathrooms. The burning question here now is: what's the DOJ gonna do? Accuse every state in the union of violating the Civil Rights Act now?

the DOJ is right. you should probably look into what equal treatment under the law is.

And the DOJ is prosecuting the WNBA then?

But it is a result of libs caring more about the rights of pervs than women and children...

With all the problems in the country, everything that needs to be fixed / addressed, it is appropriate that THIS is at the top of Libs' agenda....

All the DOJ said was that state institutions in NC could lose their federal funding if they don't comply with federal law,
which is standard practice.

States choose to avoid Federal Law. This is nothing new

-Geaux

Colorado has been doing it with weed for several years now

States Rights....it is obvious in this case the fed govt should not be able to force their views regarding what bathrooms people must use on states, especially when the federal govt has proven it can't tell / doesn't understand that when you have a penis you're a guy and the absence of one means you're a woman.

These are the same people who think Bruce Jenner, walking around with a penis, new name, and wearing a dres is REALLY a WOMAN. (This biological/gender confusion probably explains why it is rumored Barry had sex with guys....er, 'women'...in college and why the women he claimed to date in college - according to his admission about what he wrote in his book - turned out NOT to he real but 'compilations' of women.)

Scrap the stupid law.

Why oh why did NC pass this llaw? Did they have noted problems of men using women restroom and vice versa?

I don't think so, so why was the law created?

You also don't know what the law is. You think we are talking about a law that permits something. We are not.

Men in woman's restrooms? That's not permitting?

The law in question does not permit anything. Please...get your info straight.

The only problem I have with the NC law is that the legislation took a handful of local matters and put them under state control. State politicians rightfully toss a fit when the federal government pulls this nonsense but I've seen our Republican controlled legislature do the same at the state level here in Arizona. It irks me to no end whenever politicians at any level take on the role of nanny.

It simply requires the person to use the bathroom that matches the biological gender listed on their birth certificate.

Actually it does more then that:

1. It removes the ability of local governments to pass Public Accommodation laws preventing discrimination against LGBT customers.

2. It removes the ability of local government to pass employment laws preventing discrimination against LGBT employees.

3. It also added "biological" to the descriptor of "sex" under it policies of Public Accommodation non-discrimination to specifically target members of the LBGT community.

(Personally I don't think the far left or the far right are correct on this issue. I think reasonable people should have sat down at the table and worked out an accommodation instead of the legislature passing it in a one-day emergency session at night (8:00PM), the legislators not receiving the text of the bill until minutes before the session started, and with the Governor signing it immediately afterwards (10:00PM) and no public input. Maybe formal counseling and proof of the transgender individual living as their transgender sex in their day-to-day life and that gender being reflected on their drivers license or state ID to aleviate the "woman" for a day hyperbole used as a boogie man.)

http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2015E2/Bills/House/PDF/H2v1.pdf

>>>>

But I'm just curious... the DOJ says North Carolina's bathroom law violates the Civil Right Act. It simply requires the person to use the bathroom that matches the biological gender listed on their birth certificate. But how can it violate the Civil Rights Act when in fact, sex-segregated bathrooms have been the standard since 1739? Now it becomes a problem?

Oh, and for a tidbit of history: did you know that by 1920 48 states had passed laws regarding sex-segregated bathrooms. The burning question here now is: what's the DOJ gonna do? Accuse every state in the union of violating the Civil Rights Act now?
Are you volunteering to examine genitals?
I don't want my granddaughter to involuntarily have to examine a she-mans genitals when she uses a public. restroom. That's what you liberals are trying to force.

Does your granddaughter plan to burst into the stall the transgender person is using?
Don't want to chance it. This is the problem people like yourself believe that others have more rights.

It simply requires the person to use the bathroom that matches the biological gender listed on their birth certificate.

Actually it does more then that:

1. It removes the ability of local governments to pass Public Accommodation laws preventing discrimination against LGBT customers.

2. It removes the ability of local government to pass employment laws preventing discrimination against LGBT employees.

3. It also added "biological" to the descriptor of "sex" under it policies of Public Accommodation non-discrimination to specifically target members of the LBGT community.

(Personally I don't think the far left or the far right are correct on this issue. I think reasonable people should have sat down at the table and worked out an accommodation instead of the legislature passing it in a one-day emergency session at night (8:00PM), the legislators not receiving the text of the bill until minutes before the session started, and with the Governor signing it immediately afterwards (10:00PM) and no public input. Maybe formal counseling and proof of the transgender individual living as their transgender sex in their day-to-day life and that gender being reflected on their drivers license or state ID to aleviate the "woman" for a day hyperbole used as a boogie man.)

http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2015E2/Bills/House/PDF/H2v1.pdf

>>>>

To a large extent I agree with you, that is why I didn't back the baker that refused service to the gay couple.

However, with the restroom situation I seriously disagree. We had this conversation over the past decade.

A trans male is nowhere close to simalarily situated to a Woman. Including them into a Woman's restroom was done with arbitrary reasoning.

The State should have the right to protect the safety and privacy of Women.

It's not liberals who are passing these laws, it's conservatives, who acknowledge that there has never been a single case of a transgendered person sexually assaulting a woman or child in a public washroom. These laws are being passed as a "precaution". In other words, this is a solution in search of a problem.

Does your granddaughter plan to burst into the stall the transgender person is using?
Don't want to chance it. This is the problem people like yourself believe that others have more rights.

What chance is there? None. It's ridiculous.

There are real issues to be dealt with in terms of the rape and abuse of children. Passing laws to prevent something that has never happened is ridiculous, and a waste of the taxpayer's time and money.

Are you volunteering to examine genitals?

What they don't understand (maybe they do, they just want to ignore it), is that granting trans male the right to be considered a woman does not, nor cannot end with restrooms.

If they are allowed in the restroom, and this is sanctioned by Government, they can't then say they cannot also share lockerrooms and showers.

While it may take effort to see "the junk" in restrooms, it's far more likely in lockers and showers.

You cannot do one without the other two also being included

That is afterall, how rights work

What chance is there? None. It's ridiculous.

There are real issues to be dealt with in terms of the rape and abuse of children. Passing laws to prevent something that has never happened is ridiculous, and a waste of the taxpayer's time and money.

And your legal basis for allowing this in just restrooms, and not lockers and showers is?

It's not liberals who are passing these laws, it's conservatives, who acknowledge that there has never been a single case of a transgendered person sexually assaulting a woman or child in a public washroom. These laws are being passed as a "precaution". In other words, this is a solution in search of a problem.

You ignore the liberals in Houston and Charlotte that passed the original ordinances?

Sorry, got a penis - use the men's room. Don't have one, use the women's rest room. America wasn't confused about what bathroom to use until a liberal took over the WH. Just sayin'...

Illegal invasions, criminal illegals victomizing Americans, sanctuary cities, candidates under investigation by FBI, Russians doing barrel rolls over US aircraft carriers, Barty sending more troops to war in Iraq and Yemen, and the biggest item on the liberal agenda is letting Bruce 'Weiner' Jenner use the lady's room....

Forum List

Back