Yet another reason to go electric in vehicles

Yet another reason to go electric, an article on Wednesdays Omaha world herald December 29th 2021. Mexico to stop exporting oil in 2023. The US imported 599,000 barrels of oil a day from Mexico. They realize their oil fields won't last forever and they're keeping what they have for their own national self-sufficiency in fuel production. Fortunately US Auto companies are making the switch already that will help save us from $10 and $20 a gallon oil. Prices will be going through the roof, no more cheap oil. It's day is over. We may yet save the planet, despite ourselves.
Without government subsidies and stupid ill conceived regulations and taxes we would never build those idiots Environmental Wackomoblies.

L-I for vehicles is terrible technology.

So what? China is a largest polluter in the world but they're leading in EVs?
Yes, both are true.
Obviously that does nothing to help the environment.
It's not nothing Leo, it's something but the % gain could be quite overblown.

Regardless, my interest is in the question on whether China has made the right decision by upstaging the US on EV production. Whatta you think?

I just think they have made the right decision and it's going to turn out to be a much bigger hit on America than the hit the Japanese pulled off with their smaller cars.

So can you tell me Leo, is America still trying to compete in EV's, or has America decided on holding onto gas/diesel passenger cars?

Agreed. Musk disparaged hydrogen fuel cells because he said it took to much to create and store the hydrogen but then,.........He does own most of the Lithium mines so.........I have read that hydrogen can be extracted from gasoline so, you could just go to the gas station with your hydrogen fuel cell car.

Volvo's answer is research into onboard reformers that turn gasoline into hydrogen, which would power a fuel cell to generate that electricity at much higher overall efficiency.
LOL Leo, Volvo is owned by China too!

Yes, both are true.

Regardless, my interest is in the question on whether China has made the right decision by upstaging the US on EV production. Whatta you think?

I just think they have made the right decision and it's going to turn out to be a much bigger hit on America than the hit the Japanese pulled off with their smaller cars.

So can you tell me Leo, is America still trying to compete in EV's, or has America decided on holding onto gas/diesel passenger cars?
I don't see as EV's really competing with ICEs today in the first place. Like I said, I think there is a place for both IF the market wants.

Last edited:
All that for the sake of your bad feelings over me telling you how communism has capitalized on their advantages over gridlock capitalism in America?

I'm a Canadian and my country is considered to be one of the most free countries in the world. We want to keep it that way! But that isn't a reason why all of us can't accept that fact that China has moved ahead so rapidly already.
And especially on a topic that's meant for a discussion on EV's and how China now owns the market!

Calling me an a--hole only reflects badly on you and your obvious frustrations.

Theft and aggression is a proven and successful tactic of organized crime but people tire of it and steps are eventually taken to shut it down. The same will happen to China and part of the crowd bringing this to an end will be Chinese citizens.

China "owns" the Chinese market for EVs and little else at present largely due to all the incentives it provides to Chinese buyers and the fact that the biggest sellers are cheap minis. Time will tell if foreign consumers see Chinese electric vehicles as desirable and make them a world leader. I doubt it - China started to export some ten years ago, cheap heavy equipment to compete with companies like Caterpillar and despite their cheaper pricing, sales of Chinese heavy equipment has never rivaled the established brands.

Calling you an asshole is simply the fact that you are an asshole. I've read many of your posts and some I've responded to. Sadly the vast majority of your posts lack substance, demonstrate your animosity towards the U.S. and your enthusiastic support of despotic governments, ie: China.

I am thankful that as an American we have the 1st Amendment and that I can be honest with you.

859ae26b7517d317.jpg

Without government subsidies and stupid ill conceived regulations and taxes we would never build those idiots Environmental Wackomoblies.

L-I for vehicles is terrible technology.
Well, that's an extremely relevant point because one thing they hold onto is that EV's will come down in price and cheaper to refuel. But the price of cars are going up and a whole bunch more when subsidies dry up, then tax per mile will kick in to recoup lost tax, and the final whammy, electric prices are soaring.

As usual, you people think communism is the answer...lol
You're just not capable of discussing the issue on a level of understanding with the rest of us Bill. None of us has suggested that communism is the answer, whatever that might mean, and especially not me!

But what has clearly happened, and has flown over your head, is that China has gambled on the EV market of the future. That means that America could be left by the roadside picking pepper out of cow sh-t.
Or-??
America has made the right choice by hanging back on EV's
Or-
America is still trying to stay in the game and has only temporarily fallen victim to Trump's sociopathy?

Can you at least get it together enough to suggest whether or not you think China has gambled wrongly?

None of which suggests that America could actually come even close on competing with China.....

Yes, both are true.

Junk from China, it's why we live in a throwaway society. The junk doesn't last and it's not designed to last, it's there to keep sales going. And a car from China will be no different, then you will have a nightmare with all the batteries to recycle.

You're just not capable of discussing the issue on a level of understanding with the rest of us Bill. None of us has suggested that communism is the answer, whatever that might mean, and especially not me!

But what has clearly happened, and has flown over your head, is that China has gambled on the EV market of the future. That means that America could be left by the roadside picking pepper out of cow sh-t.
Or-??
Or-
America is still trying to stay in the game and has only temporarily fallen victim to Trump's sociopathy?

Can you at least get it together enough to suggest whether or not you think China has gambled wrongly?

None of which suggests that America could actually come even close on competing with China.....
You literally just used COMMUNIST China as an example of why we should allow the government to mandate electrical cars.

Or-??
Or-

Why should America want to compete with China? We have vast fossil fuel reserves and will not run out. ICE cars are more efficient than ever. Why should we throw that away to compete with them? I fail to see why you think that is important. As I said, again, we can live with BOTH and maybe that's how we can compete.

Theft and aggression is a proven and successful tactic of organized crime but people tire of it and steps are eventually taken to shut it down. The same will happen to China and part of the crowd bringing this to an end will be Chinese citizens.

So you must think that China will lose bigtime on it's gamble of EV's being the future?

You could be right!

Considering that the train has already left the station on America catching up, it becomes quite likely that America will become involved in taking contrary steps to ensure that the change to EV's will by slower than China anticipates.

And now we'll leave it at that because of your childish attempt to insult others.

So you must think that China will lose bigtime on it's gamble of EV's being the future?

You could be right!

Considering that the train has already left the station on America catching up, it becomes quite likely that America will become involved in taking contrary steps to ensure that the change to EV's will by slower than China anticipates.

And now we'll leave it at that because of your childish attempt to insult others.
America doesn't HAVE to 'catch up.'

Why should America want to compete with China? We have vast fossil fuel reserves and will not run out. ICE cars are more efficient than ever. Why should we throw that away to compete with them? I fail to see why you think that is important. As I said, again, we can live with BOTH and maybe that's how we can compete.
If you don't understand why America would want to compete in the EV market then you understand nothing. That's about what I expected of you.

If you don't understand why America would want to compete in the EV market then you understand nothing. That's about what I expected of you.

So you have no answer. That's about what I expected of YOU too.

Yet another reason to go electric, an article on Wednesdays Omaha world herald December 29th 2021. Mexico to stop exporting oil in 2023. The US imported 599,000 barrels of oil a day from Mexico. They realize their oil fields won't last forever and they're keeping what they have for their own national self-sufficiency in fuel production. Fortunately US Auto companies are making the switch already that will help save us from $10 and $20 a gallon oil. Prices will be going through the roof, no more cheap oil. It's day is over. We may yet save the planet, despite ourselves.
Hmmm, upon reading, even the “experts” who back electric cars say that the US would fare miserably if that happens anytime soon, as in disaster.
“According to a Bloomberg analysis, about 46 percent of the world’s population now lives in countries where it is more profitable to build new solar or wind infrastructure than run existing natural gas or coal power plants.

Is the United States one of those countries? No.

Last edited:
Scalextric.......I learned a new word!! :) They don't either recognize or want to acknowledge that 'adult size Scalextrics' also run on fossil fuels. That's because fossil fuels are the most efficient source of energy readily available today. They shot down nuclear energy because of environmental concerns and shot down hydrogen because of an old blimp disaster. Such stupidity.
I think some call it slot car racing, always been Scalextric in the UK

You could be right!

I believe that hydrogen is better than batteries.

It is becoming apparent that hydrogen conversion technology is capable of producing enough hydrogen to satisfy global demand cost effectively and will be the preferred fuel for cars.

Hydrogen can be produced from methane, natural gas or water. Existing gas stations could be used to fuel hydrogen cars and fill-ups are a matter of minutes, not hours as is the case with many battery-powered cars. The only exhaust from hydrogen powered cars is water.

More importantly: "hydrogen has an energy density of 35,000 watts per kilogram, while lithium-ion batteries have a density of just 200 watts per kilogram".

I wasn't insulting you, just telling you a much needed truth.

Forum List

Back