Yet another reason to go electric in vehicles

The planet won't go green, it cannot go green, it's impossible to go green. What ever you try to do, it's not green. Going EV is not green, instead of 100% vehicle pollution, you will drop to 70% to 83% polluting. Still high.
No, you're wrong. The planet will go Green, but I'm including nuclear as a shade of green too.
Will fossil fuels still be burnt? Yes, to a much reduced level than at present.

Do you question my evidence I've provided here? Is it less powerful evidence than you've provided?
And even if we could say that your 70% to 83% is powerful evidence, would it make any difference in the fact that China owns the EV market already?

You're missing the point Leo. The market isn't deciding, the market was and is footdragging.

The Chinese communist government has decided much quicker than the market could ever decide.

Supply and demand is relative to capitalism Leo, not communism. Neither Americans or Canadians make a mistake on that!

Communism appears to have created the demand and then is quickly fulfilling the demand to catch up.
You are a naive idiot who takes his freedom for granted.

No, you're wrong. The planet will go Green, but I'm including nuclear as a shade of green too.
Will fossil fuels still be burnt? Yes, to a much reduced level than at present.

Do you question my evidence I've provided here? Is it less powerful evidence than you've provided?
And even if we could say that your 70% to 83% is powerful evidence, would it make any difference in the fact that China owns the EV market already?
The 17% to 30% reduction was concluded by a European study. Even welding produces greenhouse gases.

If China owns the EV market, and they're the largest co2 producers.............there's a glaring problem to this adult size Scalextric idea.

When you read down your post, you think, "Wow, amazing". But if you look beyond that, as for example, prices are expected to come down, but Tesla keeps increasing prices.

Some countries can do hydro, some can't. It's something that can't easily appear in a short timeframe.

Technology and mankind will move on. EV's are not the saviour as you think, they only reduce your car co2 output by 17% to 30%.

This depletion of oil idea has been going on for decades, if you know someone who works in that field, they don't share your sentiments on oil. So either you or they are right, I can only believe those that actually drill for it, sorry.

Wind and solar are simply not the answer, they can't replace fossil and nuclear entirely, and unfortunately for the pro Greeners, renewables will not save their planet.
Demonstrable progress indicates otherwise.

Dirty fuel dependence will not be overcome instantaneously or without further innovation and technological advancement but, f you imagine an economy still based upon fossil fuels a half century from now, I demur.

The costs to the residents of planet earth is unsustainable.

Dirty fuel dependence will not be overcome instantaneously or without further innovation and technological advancement but, f you imagine an economy still based upon fossil fuels a half century from now, I demur.

It's never been sustainable with any living organism. Never will be.

The only solution with cars is to modify an ICE to run on Hydrogen. Electric is akin to going steam driven to get off horse and carts

Yet another reason to go electric, an article on Wednesdays Omaha world herald December 29th 2021. Mexico to stop exporting oil in 2023. The US imported 599,000 barrels of oil a day from Mexico. They realize their oil fields won't last forever and they're keeping what they have for their own national self-sufficiency in fuel production. Fortunately US Auto companies are making the switch already that will help save us from $10 and $20 a gallon oil. Prices will be going through the roof, no more cheap oil. It's day is over. We may yet save the planet, despite ourselves.

Oil is a finite resource. Such a concept is very difficult Cons to accept but it is none the less true.

I think the denialist side are depending on Trump's agenda of bringing feel good emotions to his followers. That's as true with his border wall being a racist con job as his latest 180 on the vaccines now being safe and effective.

So they are forced to follow Trump's lead on the vaccines now because they've been hung out to dry on the ridiculous denial of the facts.

Climate science takes a little more time to sink into their thick heads, but it will in time. Just as surely as any other nonsense Trump has used for political gain, but has proven to be patently wrong, wrong, wrong!

And then there's his stolen election scamming sociopathic crapola! Best to just allow them to bawl out the Kraken drivel, for the sake of the big let down that's overdue.

Yes, EV's have a larger manufacturing footprint, and the size of the battery determines the co2 saving over the lifetime of the car. So they only save 17% to 30% co2 pollution.
Yes and not to mention the environmental damage from Lithium mining. CO2 is not a pollutant and it is only a mere fraction of the atmosphere. The largest contributor to the climate is water vapor.

I can easily see how China will suffer the loss of millions or billions if they have gambled wrong on the EV market of the future. Only my millions or billions aren't people, even though there will be a human cost if they've gambled wrong.

But why would this have anything to do with millions of Chinese dying, or even millions of people in foreign lands dying under American bombs?

Chinese leaders have always been autocratic and often despotic, demonstrating their lack of concern for their people.

Corruption in China is one of the main drivers of its economy:

Indifference to Chinese citizens and repression:

China's rulers hate democracy and view pro-democracy Chinese as "criminals":

China is seizing islands owned by other nations and turning them into military bases:

China is threatening neighboring countries:

China has and continues to steal intellectual property:

China is growing through theft and aggression - nothing more. Only an asshole like you would try to paint a pretty picture of Chinese leadership.

The 17% to 30% reduction was concluded by a European study. Even welding produces greenhouse gases.

If China owns the EV market, and they're the largest co2 producers.............there's a glaring problem to this adult size Scalextric idea.
Scalextric.......I learned a new word!! :) They don't either recognize or want to acknowledge that 'adult size Scalextrics' also run on fossil fuels. That's because fossil fuels are the most efficient source of energy readily available today. They shot down nuclear energy because of environmental concerns and shot down hydrogen because of an old blimp disaster. Such stupidity.

China is growing through theft and aggression - nothing more. Only an asshole like you would try to paint a pretty picture of Chinese leadership.

All that for the sake of your bad feelings over me telling you how communism has capitalized on their advantages over gridlock capitalism in America?

I'm a Canadian and my country is considered to be one of the most free countries in the world. We want to keep it that way! But that isn't a reason why all of us can't accept that fact that China has moved ahead so rapidly already.
And especially on a topic that's meant for a discussion on EV's and how China now owns the market!

Calling me an a--hole only reflects badly on you and your obvious frustrations.

EVs are the future no matter how much Con Luddites scream, moan and throw tantrums.
There will never be an infrastructure capable of supporting an all electric system of transportation. What? Just where does the charging system come from that supports the battery operated nightmares? The history of these automobiles simply does not support the reality that consists of electric transportation automobiles. How long would it take to navigate a cross country trip in one of these cars or trucks? The more that you are on the the road the more infrastructure it will require with a fast charge system which will lower the life expectancy of the batteries ............if you drive in a climate that is cold half the year.......the quicker the batteries will die.....as of right now even these supposed all electric trucks like Ford is producing do not have a heating system for their batteries.

Anyone that has ever lived in an area that has severe winters........know how much of a hassle it is just to maintain a simple 12 volt system. There is just so many hidden costs associated with these cars that most people never stop and consider before purchasing. I personally know of several friends who declare they will never own another one if they can sell the one they have now. My Nephew purchased one of the Telsa higher end models (He is physician) and within 3 months he began having serious trouble with the technology ..........the greatest problem is in getting the services required, as of right now Musk will not allow anyone but his service departments to work on these cars, no one can get access to the required information needed to maintain them. If you have a fender bender and break the plastic fenders or doors..........it will take up to 4 to 5 months just to get the proper parts because MUSK is to busy building new models to be concerned with servicing the existing models.

Then........you have the government and TAXES to consider. If you get the government involved in developing any type of charging infrastructure .........the cost of charging these cars will go through the roof.......not to mention the fact that about half of all generated electricity comes directly from fossel fuels. Robbing Peter to pay Paul....then recycling the used batteries is a nightmare.

Its a nightmare on steroids. Just look at the existing electric cars........you pay up to 5 times the original cost of a fossil fuel auto, when issues are exampled with the auto's there are not enough educated technicians to handle the demand. The only ones getting taxes brakes for purchasing these cars are the one's that are rich to begin with.......I know I would never pay the amount requested by con artists such as Elon Musk.......then look at all the recalls because of fires that GM is now facing....its so bad they had to stop production on future models to fix the problems they now face with all the supposed cheap electric cars like the BOLT.

The better alternative would be the hydrogen fuel cells that many auto manufacturers are working on right now.

Last edited:
All that for the sake of your bad feelings over me telling you how communism has capitalized on their advantages over gridlock capitalism in America?

I'm a Canadian and my country is considered to be one of the most free countries in the world. We want to keep it that way! But that isn't a reason why all of us can't accept that fact that China has moved ahead so rapidly already.
And especially on a topic that's meant for a discussion on EV's and how China now owns the market!

Calling me an a--hole only reflects badly on you and your obvious frustrations.
So what? China is a largest polluter in the world but they're leading in EVs? Obviously that does nothing to help the environment.

Electric vehicles are quieter than internal combustion propelled ones. Thus they are more likely to run over dogs, deer,....and children.

So I'm against EVs.

There will never be an infrastructure capable of supporting an all electric system of transportation. What? Just where does the charging system come from that supports the battery operated nightmares? The history of these automobiles simply does not support the reality that consists of electric transportation. How long would it take to navigate a cross country trip in one of these cars or trucks? The more that is one the road the more infrastructure it will require with a fast charge system which will lower the life expectancy of the batteries ............if you drive in climate that is cold half the year.......the quicker the batteries will die.

Then........you have the government and TAXES to consider. If you get the government involved in developing any type of charging infrastructure .........the cost of charging these cars will go through the roof.......not to mention the fact that about half of all generated electricity comes directly from fossel fuels. Robbing Peter to pay Paul....then recycling the used batteries is a nightmare.

Its a nightmare on steroids. Just look at the existing electric cars........you pay up to 5 times the original cost of a fossil fuel auto, when issues are exampled with the auto's there are not enough educated technicians to handle the demand. The only ones getting taxes brakes for purchasing these cars are the one's that are rich to begin with.......I know I would never pay the amount requested by con artists such as Elon Musk.......then look at all the recalls because of fires that GM is now facing....its so bad they had to stop production on future models to fix the problems they now face with all the supposed cheap electric cars like the BOLT.

The better alternative would be the hydrogen fuel cells that many auto manufacturers are working on right now.
Agreed. Musk disparaged hydrogen fuel cells because he said it took to much to create and store the hydrogen but then,.........He does own most of the Lithium mines so.........I have read that hydrogen can be extracted from gasoline so, you could just go to the gas station with your hydrogen fuel cell car.

Volvo's answer is research into onboard reformers that turn gasoline into hydrogen, which would power a fuel cell to generate that electricity at much higher overall efficiency.

Last edited:
Yeah Bill, that's the way it usually works!

But in China the government has upstaged the market and made a very critical choice. If they're wrong on EV's then they'll take a huge hit.

And if they're right, as is becoming suspiciously so, they take control over another market.

Funny isn't it, how a communist government makes the heavy decisions so quickly!

And for you Bill, because you show interest, I'll just add that China is producing the very highest quality EV's for the top end market, as well as the most affordable for the bottom end!
As usual, you people think communism is the answer...lol

By the time this dream utopia of all electric vehicles comes along, I will be long gone.
So I will continue to enjoy my gas guzzling Hemi and snowmobiles and boat.

another reason to go electric in vehicles​

image.jpg

Forum List

Back