Yet another school shooting

You are partially correct, but not guns being in the hands of the irresponsible, but it’s antidepressants being in those hands causing the body count.

End the use of these in or youth, you end the killings and put a substantial dent in teen suicide.

Guess we just don’t care when it’s far easier to blame guns.

If you are not a psychologist, psychiatrist or a parent of a child who is clinically depressed, or simply one who is sad most of the time and not diagnosed, why do you want others to believe you have any insight into this issue?

No one knows what motivated these mass killers of their peers, even those who commit such horrific acts and survive are not likely aware of the "why".

I don’t. The links I’ve provided however are the experts.

You ignore not just me, but experts as well.

There are "experts" and "experts" and that is not a tautology, as anyone who has observed two experts, one a witness for the prosecution, and one a witness for the defense, understands.

One of my links were to the study by Oxford University.

I want THAT expert in my side.

Also, the FDA

And the entire country of England that banned them for use with young people.

Bring on your expert witnesses.

Really? Then you should watch Rachael Maddow on MSNBC every evening, since her Ph.D was awarded her by Oxford:

" In 1995 she attended the University of Oxford as a Rhodes scholar. She received a doctorate (D.Phil.) in politics in 2001; her dissertation was titled “HIV/AIDS and Health Care Reform in British and American Prisons.”
Rachel Maddow | American political commentator

Did Maddow co-author the study he referenced? Or was that just a distaction?

If you are not a psychologist, psychiatrist or a parent of a child who is clinically depressed, or simply one who is sad most of the time and not diagnosed, why do you want others to believe you have any insight into this issue?

No one knows what motivated these mass killers of their peers, even those who commit such horrific acts and survive are not likely aware of the "why".

There are "experts" and "experts" and that is not a tautology, as anyone who has observed two experts, one a witness for the prosecution, and one a witness for the defense, understands.

Also, the FDA

Really? Then you should watch Rachael Maddow on MSNBC every evening, since her Ph.D was awarded her by Oxford:

" In 1995 she attended the University of Oxford as a Rhodes scholar. She received a doctorate (D.Phil.) in politics in 2001; her dissertation was titled “HIV/AIDS and Health Care Reform in British and American Prisons.”

It was clear by my post what she presented, she attended Oxford and got a D. Phil - it matter not what her dissertation was on, given the comment on the authority of that institution.

Also, the FDA

It was clear by my post what she presented, she attended Oxford and got a D. Phil - it matter not what her dissertation was on, given the comment on the authority of that institution.

So, it was a distraction and had nothing to do with the referenced study. Thanks for clearing that up.

More guns by trained but not professional security personnel would, IMO, create a fire fight with each gun being trained on other guns and contribute to friendly fire casualties.

Interestingly enough, I never said anything like that. We need armed and professional security. I never once implied we should arm our teachers.

You should quit trying to read minds. You suck at it.

I was stating what the Lt. Governor of Texas did, when he proved on GMA that he is a moron. "Interesting enough, I never said" you made that claim.

Last sentence: "You should quit trying to read minds" is not what I did, and you owe me an apology***

***to be continued.

Also, the FDA

So, it was a distraction and had nothing to do with the referenced study. Thanks for clearing that up.

Ah yes, another use of a tactic to defend something he could not understand. Why are so many defenders of Trump&Co. so inadequate?

The world looks at you like we look at the Taliban. Still regressive when it comes to governance and guns. Pathetic...kids gets gunned down in schools.
Again, who cares what the world thinks of this nation, it is our problem to solve and it will be solved. The left might not like the fix, but who cares about that anymore ? No one cares but the left who still thinks that they will be fundementally changing this nation into their utopic leftist fantasy land.

Ever watch the Trueman story, it doesn't work (a perfect world), otherwise like you think. Freedom is in our DNA, and it ain't changing no time soon.
Freedom ? Hahaha the dumbest thing ever. Other nations are enslaved ? You pay taxes to the government you have shitty life style, shortest lifespan, highest murder and crime rate, least safe, the most obese, the most in debt compared most civilised countries and you talking about freedom ?
Uhh, aren't you from another country ? If so turn around and fix your own troubles. We don't need your advice if looking in from the outside.
Also from here. I know better simply because I lived in a gun free country and I live now in a society that's ravaged by gun violence.

May I ask what "gun free country" did you live in?
Morocco...lived their 23 years, I haven't heard of anyone who knows anyone who saw a gun. We never had school mass shootings or any mass shootings except one terrorist attack and guns were smuggled from next door Algeria. In fact a loss of life was a huge thing unlike here where is just a number.
Lived in. Casablanca which is a big city, never ever we heard of someone getting shot, the cops never had to use their guns ever that we made jokes they had no bullets.
always were shocked to see the news of mass shootings here in the US and we never understood why citizens are allowed to have guns....because I am sure of we had guns in Morocco otl be more people dead for sure.

This can be fixed, but just like the old west, and how the west was won against complete anarchy, train robberies, stagecoach robberies, bank robberies, and rambling cattle thieves, horse thieves, gun slingers, and outlaws, it is that we need the same methods of law enforcement once again. We need to hire the hanging judge once again, and if any go before him, and then one is found guilty of a serious crime, well by the end of the week he or she (even if a female criminal) will be hung by the neck until dead at dawn in a public hanging.

If sentenced to prison, then it will be to hard labor cropping fields like the olden days by hand, and by digging ditches, and just general maintenance around the prison farm under heavily armed gaurds etc.

Lighter sentences in some cases, but hard labor none the less.

The belt of justice needs to be hung back on the wall, and those who think to do evil should know that this nation ain't going to be playing games anymore with them.
It has once again in time gone way to far.
Well, pardner, we haven't had any herds in Dodge in over a 150 years which might explain why we don't have much cattle rustling. Likewise we haven't had a real stage in a long time which explains our lack stagecoach robberies. But let me tell you what we do have. We have a homeless camp where half the adults are brain dead from years of alcohol and drug abuse or just years living on the streets, such that nobody in their right mind would employ them. 20% of the residents are kids who rarely go to school or get a good meal. And speaking of kids, in lots of neighborhoods, their are teens that will cut your throat for 10 bucks to get another pop. In many of our poorer neighborhoods, half the families are headed by a single adult, usually mom. She works most of day at part time jobs and there's no one to take care the kids, keep'em off the streets and see that they do their homework which means more kids who aren't going to make it.

Unfortunately the situation is not likely to change. Automation promises to eliminate half the jobs in America. And guess what kind of jobs those are going to be? The big brains in the country say don't worry there will be new jobs. However, what they aren't telling the people, is those jobs are going to require a lot of education that most of the people in the country aren't going to be able to handle.

Well, if you think Marshall Dillion can help, then you just scurry on down to the Long Branch and get him.

Also, the FDA

Of course it was

Wry is more interested in controlling gun ownership then controlling the body count.

They don’t care about saving life, it’s more important to win elections.

More guns by trained but not professional security personnel would, IMO, create a fire fight with each gun being trained on other guns and contribute to friendly fire casualties.

Interestingly enough, I never said anything like that. We need armed and professional security. I never once implied we should arm our teachers.

You should quit trying to read minds. You suck at it.

I was stating what the Lt. Governor of Texas did, when he proved on GMA that he is a moron. "Interesting enough, I never said" you made that claim.

Last sentence: "You should quit trying to read minds" is not what I did, and you owe me an apology***

***to be continued.
You made a inference in the second paragraph of your post that I wanted to arm teachers.

You will get no apology.

Also, the FDA

Ah yes, another use of a tactic to defend something he could not understand. Why are so many defenders of Trump&Co. so inadequate?

Good Lord, you must be an idiot.

I cited the research of a prestigious University, and you cited an alum with no valid research of her own on the subject?

Then this?

You are insane

Also, the FDA

Shows your complete idiocy.

I present research links, and your argument?

Because Trump?

Why exactly would anyone listen to a fucking word out of your mouth ever again?

Let kids die is what you want. And that is obvious.

THAT...

Is the root of the cause.

(Looking at you, Wry Catcher)

Had he not had access to guns, ..., The fact is, if he was the target of bullies, he had alternatives. We know he had access to guns, do we know if he had access to counselors, parents he could talk to, or a favorite teacher? There is no singular explanation for his motivation. What we know is he had means and an opportunity.

Parents should share the blame in this, even charged for neglect big time if find out huge mistakes were made. If Dad or mom exposed their son to deadly weapons without regard, then he or she should share a cell next to their son for his actions.

A common sense gun law, requiring trigger locks and secure storage of firearms have been opposed by the NRA and its supporters. One more reason that the NRA is an irresponsible organization which enables the horrific use of firearms, such as we have seen too often in our country.
How do you enforce a law like that?

Do you just let the cops enter any home at any time to check?

IMO the father of this kid should be charged with negligence at the least and serve at least 5 years the kid should be tries as an adult and serve the rest of his life

Guns needed to be safely secured, and that is what the rightwing once supported in terms of making all of us to practice personal responsibility. We pass a law not as a panacea, but as a warning (much like a Red Light at an intersection, if you run the Red Light and cause an accident you will be punished, by fines and/or a loss of liberty).

You continue to make remarks which question enforcement codes, and the answer is always the same. Such laws are not able or conceived to prevent law breakers, but to punish them when they are discovered.

Of course if one understands how MADD evolved and its impact on drunk driving, they would understand that as penalties increased infractions reduced (and deaths too), but were never eliminated.

You have two arguments:
  1. Shall not infringe
  2. Laws don't work
Both have been rebutted over and over and by stating them over and over and expecting a different response is not an effective argument.

Laws don't stop crime they never did. If they did we'd have no crime

A parent is responsible for the deeds of his minor children. In this case he is culpable because his kid took his guns and killed with them. It would be no different if the kid took his father's car without permission and ran somebody over

But if he had no kids and his guns were in his home which was locked and secured and a piece of shit criminal broke in and stole his guns then the only person responsible is the piece of shit criminal

Last edited:

Shows your complete idiocy.

I present research links, and your argument?

Because Trump?

Why exactly would anyone listen to a fucking word out of your mouth ever again?

Let kids die is what you want. And that is obvious.

Thanks so much for sharing.

The kid took his his father's guns.

The guns were not secured the the father is culpable

i have not heard if the guns had been secured or not

do you have a link on that
If they were secured the kid would not have been able to get his hands on them

Common sense

bs adam lanza killed his mother to access her weapons

i will wait for the facts to come out
Police: Suspect in Texas school shooting used father's guns

The Texas student charged in the school shooting at Santa Fe High School posted an image on Facebook of himself wearing a "Born to Kill" shirt and used his father's shotgun and pistol in the attack that left 10 dead and 10 wounded,
so that is not prof that he did not have them secure

the kid could have broke into a locked area

so me the real proof the father acted irresponsible

so if someone broke into your home or beat the shit out of you and took your firearm

and committed a crime with it

should you be locked away for 5 years for that
The two scenarios are completely different,

In the eyes of the law a parent is responsible for the acts of his minor children.

I am not responsible for the acts of a criminal who steals from me.

And FYI no one is going to steal my guns because I actually have them secured in a 600 pound safe that is cemented into my basement floor with an 8 digit combination that only I know.

The world looks at you like we look at the Taliban. Still regressive when it comes to governance and guns. Pathetic...kids gets gunned down in schools.
Again, who cares what the world thinks of this nation, it is our problem to solve and it will be solved. The left might not like the fix, but who cares about that anymore ? No one cares but the left who still thinks that they will be fundementally changing this nation into their utopic leftist fantasy land.

Ever watch the Trueman story, it doesn't work (a perfect world), otherwise like you think. Freedom is in our DNA, and it ain't changing no time soon.
Freedom ? Hahaha the dumbest thing ever. Other nations are enslaved ? You pay taxes to the government you have shitty life style, shortest lifespan, highest murder and crime rate, least safe, the most obese, the most in debt compared most civilised countries and you talking about freedom ?
Uhh, aren't you from another country ? If so turn around and fix your own troubles. We don't need your advice if looking in from the outside.
He is an American.
. So he's being unAmerican or anti-American ??

He is being an American expressing his opinion. Kinda like you.

I shutter at the thought of school districts arming my 10th grade math teacher. He bumped in to a coat rack, tipped his hat, and apologized to it.

But, hey! Teachers are grossly underpaid as it is, and now the Trumpets want them to start packing heat? Good luck with that....
There are only a handful of schools in the country that have mass shootings. This is an unusually high year with 7 so far. The average is about 5 a year. I know, 1 is too many. However, it makes sense to look at the probability of a mass school when we are talking about rather controversy solutions.

Since there are approximately 150,000 private and public schools in the country, the odds of a given school being hit by a mass shooters is about 1 in 30,000 in any given year. That means the average school would be visited by a mass shooter about once every 30,000 years.

If the government actively promoted teachers and staff to carry guns in school we would be putting guns in thousands of schools that will never have a mass shooting. In most of those schools, the only guns will be that of teachers. We would have guns being stolen by kids, teachers accidentally shooting kids, and themselves. If a kid decides to kill classmates he will surely know which teachers are armed and avoid them or kill them. In some schools teachers with guns would actually encourage some kids to bring guns to school. Lastly, given the sizes up our schools and number of classrooms, there would need to be a lot of armed teachers to effectively protect the school.

It is really a bad idea.

Yeah....except in the schools that already have armed and trained staff....that ain't happening....but thanks for making it up.....

This school was armed.

Texas school had a shooting plan, armed officers and practice. And still 10 people died.

I shutter at the thought of school districts arming my 10th grade math teacher. He bumped in to a coat rack, tipped his hat, and apologized to it.

But, hey! Teachers are grossly underpaid as it is, and now the Trumpets want them to start packing heat? Good luck with that....
There are only a handful of schools in the country that have mass shootings. This is an unusually high year with 7 so far. The average is about 5 a year. I know, 1 is too many. However, it makes sense to look at the probability of a mass school when we are talking about rather controversy solutions.

Since there are approximately 150,000 private and public schools in the country, the odds of a given school being hit by a mass shooters is about 1 in 30,000 in any given year. That means the average school would be visited by a mass shooter about once every 30,000 years.

If the government actively promoted teachers and staff to carry guns in school we would be putting guns in thousands of schools that will never have a mass shooting.
In most of those schools, the only guns will be that of teachers. We would have guns being stolen by kids, teachers accidentally shooting kids, and themselves. If a kid decides to kill classmates he will surely know which teachers are armed and avoid them or kill them. In some schools teachers with guns would actually encourage some kids to bring guns to school. Lastly, given the sizes up our schools and number of classrooms, there would need to be a lot of armed teachers to effectively protect the school.

It is really a bad idea.

The chances of that happening are far less than those you just quoted,

On this topic, you are like most, dumber than dirt!

I taught in a high school of over 1000 students. Do you know how many armed teachers it would take to cover that school? Maybe 5-6. That's about 10% of the faculty and staff.

And how well does a guy carrying a fucking shotgun blend in anywhere?

I am happier than ever that I don't have kids knowing that idiots like you are running the show at public schools

He carried it under his black trench coat in 90 degree weather.

Dustin Severin, a 17-year-old student, told NBC affiliate KPRC that he saw Pagourtzis in the hallway shortly before the bullets started flying — and that he was wearing his usual outfit. "He wears a trenchcoat every day, and it's like 90 degrees out here," Severin said.​

You are failing BIGLY today Skull - DERP ;-)
Gee a trench coat nothing suspicious there

I guess we need to ban trench coats. But when we do that, only outlaws will have trench coats!

But you don't seem to have any ideas on how to keep people with rifles and shotguns from walking into a school do you?

I guess of it's not spelled out for you in a lesson plan with step by step instructions you can't do it huh?

Yes, I do know how. Put an armed teacher at the door and stop anyone who looks like they don't belong. At present, the shooter would just pull out a gun and start shooting because nothing that that teacher can do will prevent them from doing so.

All our students at our middle school entered through one door, so anyone older would stick out like a sore thumb!

I just want to know why you think that schools do not have procedures in place and plans on how to react to these active shooter situations after you have been told repeatedly that they do. Columbine was 19 years ago in case you missed it. Are you just stupid or is being an asshole more fun?

Forum List

Back