Yet another school shooting

Seems to me that a lot of people with guns are walking into schools and shooting so not all schools are doing anything to prevent it as you say they are

and how well did those policies work in Parkland or in TX last week?

Don't try telling me every single school has procedures to stop people with guns from entering

How much will it require to make every school in America a hard target, surrounded by razor wire, equipped with cameras and warning buzzers, single portals with a sally port the only way to enter and exit the walls of a neighborhood school, and in every classroom a steel door, automatically locked when the walls are breached?

How far do we go to protect an archaic 2nd A., which by any measure is the source of mass murder at school, movie theaters, concerts, malls and even military bases?

Common sense has shown prayers and false pathos have proved to be worthless non efforts to come to grips with horrific events which (it has been reported) this year have taken the lives of more kids in schools than deaths in our military service?

Isn't it time for the Congress to review our nation's gun policies, as past members of Congress did after the assassination of JFK, the assassination of MLK and RFK, and the attempt on the life of President Reagan?

In this century alone, we have seen mass murders by gun as the new normal, and even when members of the Republican Party were shot at a ball field, the NRA's hold on that party remains strong.

What is it with you people?

How do you make the gargantuan leap from controlling access and 2 very simple procedures like bag checks and asking people to remove their coats before entering with razor wire, metal detectors and trained G men?

A simple thing such as controlling access to the building needs none of what you describe

And you may think it's archaic to own a firearm for self defense but until you can guarantee that I will never be the victim of a crime I'm going to keep my guns

YOU ALWAYS default to a Straw Man! Why not be honest and admit that I have never been a gun grabber. Why do you lie about this all of the time.? Being a liar does not help your position, it only makes you less credible and your opinions foolish.

One example of this foolish notion, which many do all of the time, is to make the claim "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed", when the fact is laws prevent many types of arms, from small arms to nuclear bombs, to be possessed by "the people".

From Brass knuckles to nunchucks to sawed off shotguns and fully automatic hand and long guns we have seen laws passed and enforced by state legislators and city/county boards of supervisors who outlaw 'arms'. We have seen laws and regulations to restrict some arms, and some require a license to legally own certain arms.

It's time to grow up and support common sense gun regulations and controls. Magical thinking is for young children, and the belief shall not infringe is a fantasy.
The idea that anyone would confiscate guns is both a straw man fallacy and a lie.

Yep, gun confiscation is a fraud, since we know from experience prohibition does not work, and the number of guns in circulation in the US makes any effort to take them costly and near to impossible.

But Skull Pilot and others still make that claim, a claim that is absurd and yet works on the biddable and easily led lemmings, who vote against their own best interests on this singular issue.
The NRA has run a huge propaganda campaign for years to convince all gun owners that control will lead to banning of all firearms. In America we control a lot stuff without banning it, alcohol, tobacco, narcotics, driving, hunting, fishing, ... The NRA's stand against practically all gun control has driven some on the Left to support banning all firearms which in turn has fueled gun owners opposition to any form of gun control.

Not controlling guns is just as crazy as not controlling the sale and manufacture of prescription drugs, or the food we eat or the water we drink.

Last edited:
Seems to me that a lot of people with guns are walking into schools and shooting so not all schools are doing anything to prevent it as you say they are

Don't try telling me every single school has procedures to stop people with guns from entering

And once again .....

You could perhaps create a single entrance with trained ATF personnel and a metal detector at an average cost of probably 20 million per school x 130,000 schools.

I get 2 billion 600 million on retrofits alone plus the cost of 1-2 full time professionals depending on school size.

Ready to stroke that check?
And once again you don't have to do any of that

It doesn't take a trained governemnt monkey to look in a book bag or to have the people entering take off their coats and it's easy enough to designate one entrance no matter how many doors are on a school building you simply tell everyone where to enter and lock all the other doors

Cost $0.00

Try running 4000 kids through one door. Do you want to rebuild schools that have been in existence for 50 years? How much will that cost?

Who is going to man those doors? People cost money.

Why are you constantly doubling down on being a dumbass?

Once again you demonstrate an inability to problem solve.

Stagger the arrival times.

Some kids will have to get to school a little early. Small price to pay for increased security.

Who is going to pay the increased costs? Buses are on a set schedule and often do double and sometimes triple and quadruple runs each morning and afternoons? Who is going to pay for the additional drivers and buses? Who is going to pay for the additional hours for faculty and staff to be at school early and late?

You are truly working hard at showing how collosal of an idiot you are. Start thinking and you might stop embarrassing yourself after every post.

How much will it require to make every school in America a hard target, surrounded by razor wire, equipped with cameras and warning buzzers, single portals with a sally port the only way to enter and exit the walls of a neighborhood school, and in every classroom a steel door, automatically locked when the walls are breached?

How far do we go to protect an archaic 2nd A., which by any measure is the source of mass murder at school, movie theaters, concerts, malls and even military bases?

Common sense has shown prayers and false pathos have proved to be worthless non efforts to come to grips with horrific events which (it has been reported) this year have taken the lives of more kids in schools than deaths in our military service?

Isn't it time for the Congress to review our nation's gun policies, as past members of Congress did after the assassination of JFK, the assassination of MLK and RFK, and the attempt on the life of President Reagan?

In this century alone, we have seen mass murders by gun as the new normal, and even when members of the Republican Party were shot at a ball field, the NRA's hold on that party remains strong.

How do you make the gargantuan leap from controlling access and 2 very simple procedures like bag checks and asking people to remove their coats before entering with razor wire, metal detectors and trained G men?

A simple thing such as controlling access to the building needs none of what you describe

And you may think it's archaic to own a firearm for self defense but until you can guarantee that I will never be the victim of a crime I'm going to keep my guns

YOU ALWAYS default to a Straw Man! Why not be honest and admit that I have never been a gun grabber. Why do you lie about this all of the time.? Being a liar does not help your position, it only makes you less credible and your opinions foolish.

One example of this foolish notion, which many do all of the time, is to make the claim "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed", when the fact is laws prevent many types of arms, from small arms to nuclear bombs, to be possessed by "the people".

From Brass knuckles to nunchucks to sawed off shotguns and fully automatic hand and long guns we have seen laws passed and enforced by state legislators and city/county boards of supervisors who outlaw 'arms'. We have seen laws and regulations to restrict some arms, and some require a license to legally own certain arms.

It's time to grow up and support common sense gun regulations and controls. Magical thinking is for young children, and the belief shall not infringe is a fantasy.
The idea that anyone would confiscate guns is both a straw man fallacy and a lie.

Yep, gun confiscation is a fraud, since we know from experience prohibition does not work, and the number of guns in circulation in the US makes any effort to take them costly and near to impossible.

But Skull Pilot and others still make that claim, a claim that is absurd and yet works on the biddable and easily led lemmings, who vote against their own best interests on this singular issue.
The NRA has run a huge propaganda campaign for years to convince all gun owners that control will lead to banning of all firearms. In America we control a lot stuff without banning it, alcohol, tobacco, narcotics, driving, hunting, fishing, ... The NRA's stand against practically all gun control has driven some on the Left to support banning all firearms which in turn has fueled gun owners opposition to any form of gun control.

Not controlling guns is just as crazy as not controlling the sale and manufacture of prescription drugs, or the food we eat or the water we drink.

Those are not constitutional rights, but you already knew that yet made the ignorant choice again!

And how well does a guy carrying a fucking shotgun blend in anywhere?

I am happier than ever that I don't have kids knowing that idiots like you are running the show at public schools

He carried it under his black trench coat in 90 degree weather.

Dustin Severin, a 17-year-old student, told NBC affiliate KPRC that he saw Pagourtzis in the hallway shortly before the bullets started flying — and that he was wearing his usual outfit. "He wears a trenchcoat every day, and it's like 90 degrees out here," Severin said.​

You are failing BIGLY today Skull - DERP ;-)
Gee a trench coat nothing suspicious there

I guess we need to ban trench coats. But when we do that, only outlaws will have trench coats!
Government school security programs suck. They have failed over and over. When are you lazy fucks going to take security seriously?

Excuse me, but where does the "government" come into these schools?

Government sets no rules for these schools, except the obvious "gun-free" zone rules.

Who runs your schools? The President? The governor? Your county commission?

Who?

only a moron would make that claim without the facts

FACT The kid took his father's guns and murdered 10 people
FACT the father was unaware that his minor child took his guns
FACT if the guns were secured properly the minor child would not have been able to take them and murder 10 people

fact 2 - adds to my position not yours

fact 3 is not a fact at at this point

you have no facts about how he obtained them

he may have broken a lock

you simply are making assumptions again
If he could have simply broken a cheap lock the guns were not properly secured

I suppose you think securing a gun rack with a paper clip is OK right?

now you are still just guessing find some facts will ya

--LOL

you might be right but as of now you are just as bad as the liberals with the guessing

no unlike you i am not jumping to conclusions

No you refuse to admit if a minor child can take his father's guns that the guns were not secured

YOU are assuming they were unsecured. THAT is the problem with your argument, or lack thereof!

Metal detectors - No one in unless pass through the check points... Enough is enough of the idiocy already.

What happens in these bubbles should not effect the rights and lives of others outside these bubbles.

Fix what is happening in these bubbles, and be done with the bullcrap already.

Are we really so stupid that we can't fix problems in this country now ??

First we must figure out who doesn't want these things fixed, and who keeps fueling these fires, and who would rather exploit these fires than do what's right, and put a stop to it.

This stuff should have already been in the works since the last mass shooting, but here we are again because some state, town, city or community figured that it wouldn't come their way. Well surprise procrastinator's.

Look into your children's eyes if you give a crap about them, and say enough is enough.

You ever work with metal detectors? They are somewhere below worse than useless because of all the false alarms.

FACT if the guns were secured properly the minor child would not have been able to take them and murder 10 people

--LOL

you might be right but as of now you are just as bad as the liberals with the guessing

No you refuse to admit if a minor child can take his father's guns that the guns were not secured

bullshit you know none of the facts of the case
Fact the kid took his father's gun
Fact if the guns were secured no one would be able to take the guns

--LOL

YOU are assuming they were unsecured. THAT is the problem with your argument, or lack thereof!
If the kid could get them and leave the house they were unsecured by definition

No one could walk out of my house with my guns because they are secured.

The kid took his his father's guns.

The guns were not secured the the father is culpable
I had access to my step fathers guns and took them to go hunting in the woods around UCF all the time. I never shot anyone.
If you did your father would have been culpable just as this kid's father is culpable.

Tell me if you took your father's car without permission and ran over an old lady would your father not be culpable for the actions of you, his minor child?
Yes culpable maybe in some regard, but to what extent if the kid took the car without permission ??

That's for the courts and lawyers to figure out

how do the courts decide that

on facts

not emotion and guess work

I am not emotional and I am not guessing.

And once again .....

You could perhaps create a single entrance with trained ATF personnel and a metal detector at an average cost of probably 20 million per school x 130,000 schools.

I get 2 billion 600 million on retrofits alone plus the cost of 1-2 full time professionals depending on school size.

Ready to stroke that check?
And once again you don't have to do any of that

It doesn't take a trained governemnt monkey to look in a book bag or to have the people entering take off their coats and it's easy enough to designate one entrance no matter how many doors are on a school building you simply tell everyone where to enter and lock all the other doors

Cost $0.00

Try running 4000 kids through one door. Do you want to rebuild schools that have been in existence for 50 years? How much will that cost?

Who is going to man those doors? People cost money.

Why are you constantly doubling down on being a dumbass?

Once again you demonstrate an inability to problem solve.

Stagger the arrival times.

Some kids will have to get to school a little early. Small price to pay for increased security.

Who is going to pay the increased costs? Buses are on a set schedule and often do double and sometimes triple and quadruple runs each morning and afternoons? Who is going to pay for the additional drivers and buses? Who is going to pay for the additional hours for faculty and staff to be at school early and late?

You are truly working hard at showing how collosal of an idiot you are. Start thinking and you might stop embarrassing yourself after every post.

Yeah you're right let's do it your way you know the way that lets people with guns just walk into school and start shooting

None of your objections to increased security are insurmountable

And why would there be a need for additional drivers?

Instead of staggering start times alphabetically it could be done by which bus the children arrive on. All that would need to be done there is change the pick up times at the bus stops

You really don't have a head for logistics

Metal detectors - No one in unless pass through the check points... Enough is enough of the idiocy already.

What happens in these bubbles should not effect the rights and lives of others outside these bubbles.

First we must figure out who doesn't want these things fixed, and who keeps fueling these fires, and who would rather exploit these fires than do what's right, and put a stop to it.

This stuff should have already been in the works since the last mass shooting, but here we are again because some state, town, city or community figured that it wouldn't come their way. Well surprise procrastinator's.

Look into your children's eyes if you give a crap about them, and say enough is enough.

Funneling people into metal detector choke-points makes them easy targets. Locking them inside a prison means no escaping danger like fires or shooters. The shooters don't stop at metal detectors, doors or windows & blast their way inside.

You know if people want to, they can come up with a million ways as to why something won't work, but not doing anything is totally unexceptable, and is kicking the can down the road again and again.

At least at the inner check points (not roadside), the kids can be screened and processed to enter the school unarmed and ready to learn.

At the school roadside check point, if someone from the public attacks, then at least armed security officers will respond in kind to that situation.

We can formulate a security program or protocol at these schools, but to ignore these things because they didn't happen in our state, town or community is unexceptable at this point.

Learning who is in our communities again is important, and that could be done on the front lines at the schools. To ignore anything due to political correctness or this idea that civil rights prohibits this or prohibits that is a total fail in our communities and societies.

Funneling people into metal detector choke-points makes them easy targets. Locking them inside a prison means no escaping danger like fires or shooters. The shooters don't stop at metal detectors, doors or windows & blast their way inside.

You know if people want to, they can come up with a million ways as to why something won't work, but not doing anything is totally unexceptable, and is kicking the can down the road again and again.

At least at the inner check points (not roadside), the kids can be screened and processed to enter the school unarmed and ready to learn.

At the school roadside check point, if someone from the public attacks, then at least armed security officers will respond in kind to that situation.

We can formulate a security program or protocol at these schools, but to ignore these things because they didn't happen in our state, town or community is unexceptable at this point.

Learning who is in our communities again is important, and that could be done on the front lines at the schools. To ignore anything due to political correctness or this idea that civil rights prohibits this or prohibits that is a total fail in our communities and societies.

I find it funny how the people whining that teachers aren't paid enough never seem to care where the money for increased salaries is going to come from but they make a stink about where money for increased protection of the students will come from

I guess we know where their priorities lie

Once you come up with a way to "control" rapists and murderers then we can talk about controlling law abiding citizens and their choice as to how they choose to defend themselves. Until then, not so much.

I'm really getting tired of seeing the starts & bars @ 1/2 mast , and wondering how many kids got shot to make it so.....~S~

--LOL

again you still dont know the facts

I had access to my step fathers guns and took them to go hunting in the woods around UCF all the time. I never shot anyone.
If you did your father would have been culpable just as this kid's father is culpable.

Tell me if you took your father's car without permission and ran over an old lady would your father not be culpable for the actions of you, his minor child?
Yes culpable maybe in some regard, but to what extent if the kid took the car without permission ??

on facts

you are both

on facts

you are both

your opinion

and guess what I think that's worth.

--LOL

The fact is he took his father's guns

no one disputes that but you

on facts

you are both

your opinion

and guess what I think that's worth.

yes i value mine more then your guess work

--LOL

The fact is he took his father's guns

no one disputes that but you

unlike you anyone that can reason waits for the facts

Forum List

Back