You are unemployed and want a new job, under a Democratic president you have a better chance of getting one!

You communicate with cartoons?
I was a very successful salesman in my life and one of the things I was taught (when studying to be a salesman) was that visuals make more of an impression than words. What people see is more than what people hear.

So, yes, I communicate with cartoons that show what the facts are showing.

Last edited:
I was a very successful salesman in my life and one of the things I was taught (when studying to be a salesman) was that visuals make more of an impression than words. What people see is more than what people here.

So, yes, I communicate with cartoons that show what the facts are showing.
You poor thing.

Nope. If you were better skilled, you'd get a job if needed.
I’m far too old to start over. My education ended 30 years ago. I have plenty of knowledge and skills, but they are in a very specific and specialized genre. Utility engineering is pretty much a pigeon hole.

I’m far too old to start over. My education ended 30 years ago. I have plenty of knowledge and skills, but they are in a very specific and specialized genre. Utility engineering is pretty much a pigeon hole.

Again, a reflection on you, not the job market.

Again, a reflection on you, not the job market.
Think about that the next time your lights go out and don’t immediately come back on. The fact that the companies in this industry would rather hire 22 year olds who have zero experience or understanding of the way an electric system operates than someone with almost a quarter century of experience is part of why our utility infrastructure is falling apart.

You poor thing.
Wow, you really are grasping at straws aren't you.

Poor thing? No, not all

1) I am economically set for the rest of my life time
2) I am in love and am loved in the full meaning of the word. Was my life's objective
3) I have 2 kids and 4 grandkids and we are all together
4) My mind still works well at 79 years old
5) I am healthy.
6) I have 2 friends who are true friends
7) I am a great cook and we eat deliciously every day.
8) I have done everything I wanted to do in life.

You consider that "being poor"?

Poor thing is you, that makes assumptions, doesn't have any idea of what is real and what is fake, and can't seem to put two words together that are intelligent.

Poor thing? No, not all

2) I am in love and am loved in the full meaning of the word. Was my life's objective
5) I am healthy.

Poor thing is you, that makes assumptions, doesn't have any idea of what is real and what is fake, and can't seem to put two words together that are intelligent.
If your primary method of communication is cartoons you are an intellectual wastrel. You assumed that when I used the word poor, I meant financially wanting.

Once again, you have not been able to disprove the OP. Do it, if you can. Your word salad is not making an impression on me.

I have had a hard life where "everything" I accomplished (a lot) was done on my own (no help from anyone). I started with nothing (zero) and I have been successful at everything I have done in my life (5 different industries and I (personally) was successful in all those industries. I am (and have been for 47 years) a stock market analyst and I deal with statistics, data, and fact. It is what has made me (and continues to do so) successful in my life.

If I let anyone's opinion steer me in a direction the probabilities of success drop dramatically. You need to prove your opinion is correct and be based on data, statistics, and fact. Not to say that those cannot be wrong on occasion, but the probabilities favor them being correct.

Simply stated, if you have any interest in debating with me (and I having interest in debating with you), the way to do it is with data, statistics, and facts. I automatically throw opinion out the window, especially since data, statistics, and facts have shown that opinions are usually wrong because everyone has an opinion and only the ones that are based on data, statistics, and facts have any probability of being right.

I have taken the time on this post to give you (and everyone else that reads this thread) what it takes to debate my OP's with me. I am not biased, I am not dumb (IQ of 138), and I am not naive or an amateur.

End of story.
Word salad? Look above Einstein.

You commented on my original post about government employees relying on taxpayers for their very existence, then deflected every way humanly possible until you turned into a human pretzel.

Now, do you want to talk about your thoughts on why it’s good economic policy to, when supply is short, allowing millions of more people in to compete for a low supply of goods?

And don’t talk to me about working your way up from nothing, I was raised in a poor family, moved 16 times to 8 different states in 10 years helping build a company from the ground up. And no one in my family has ever held our hands out begging for anything like the left does.

We may have been poor, but we were strong and independent. AND PROUD OF THAT, cult boy.

Think about that the next time your lights go out and don’t immediately come back on. The fact that the companies in this industry would rather hire 22 year olds who have zero experience or understanding of the way an electric system operates than someone with almost a quarter century of experience is part of why our utility infrastructure is falling apart.

Again, a reflection on you. I'm in IT and have never had a problem getting work, not even during recessions. And I've often been involved with interviewing candidates and hires have always been about their abilities. Never about their race, sex, age, etc...

Again, a reflection on you. I'm in IT and have never had a problem getting work, not even during recessions. And I've often been involved with interviewing candidates and hires have always been about their abilities. Never about their race, sex, age, etc...
Then you are very fortunate. I won’t waste my time regaling you with the tales of hirings I’ve seen directly related to affirmative action and bias against white males, especially ones of ages over about 35.

Sure, you must be right, given how convinced you are.
Not quite as convinced you seem to e. You show the images of the fat cats on top of the peasants. I get it. That same picture was made before the taxes increased massively also. All of the taxes we pay to federal, state, local, regional city governments in hundreds of ways with many we do not even know about, and it is the same photo of a fat cat.

Poor thing? No, not all

5) I am healthy.

You're damn near almost 80. I would HOPE you are set for the "rest of your life."

And I hope you're still around in 5 years.

Then you are very fortunate. I won’t waste my time regaling you with the tales of hirings I’ve seen directly related to affirmative action and bias against white males, especially ones of ages over about 35.

Again, a reflection on you and the choices you've made.

Again, a reflection on you and the choices you've made.
I am who and what I am. I enjoy my occupation. I got promoted to the top level of my department a couple months ago. I’ll willingly stay here for another 30 years (or until I die - I’m 50 now).

I am who and what I am. I enjoy my occupation. I got promoted to the top level of my department a couple months ago. I’ll willingly stay here for another 30 years (or until I die - I’m 50 now).

That's odd? An hour ago you were over 60. Time warp?

Forum List

Back