You can't lie to the FBI - But they can lie to you!!!

It's legal for cops to lie, sometimes. Police are permitted to lie in questioning suspects. .

That's what i said. And yet if you lie to them, it's serious can-time for you!!
Why lie? You don't have to say anything. An awful lot of people are in prison because they couldn't keep their mouth shut. Police know that people they interview like to talk and they take advantage of it. Police are trained interviewers. The people across the table aren't. That's why you need a lawyer.

My advice to everyone, regardless of political affiliation is the same. Don’t tell the cops the time of day.

That's true 99% of the time. But suppose some guy in a bar attacks you and you get hold of the knife and kill him. When the cops show up you are going to want them to take down the names of all the witnesses and they won't do that if you are uncooperative and tell them "i ain't saying nothing".

Good. Then the defense attorney not only wins the case when all those witnesses are paraded up to testify what really happened, but I get a seven digit settlement for false and malicious prosecution. In the modern world, there is usually video in most of the “clubs”. Almost certainly some cellphone video of the event that will be on YouTube ten seconds after the corpse hits the ground.

It's legal for cops to lie, sometimes. Police are permitted to lie in questioning suspects. .

That's what i said. And yet if you lie to them, it's serious can-time for you!!
Why lie? You don't have to say anything. An awful lot of people are in prison because they couldn't keep their mouth shut. Police know that people they interview like to talk and they take advantage of it. Police are trained interviewers. The people across the table aren't. That's why you need a lawyer.

Police are trained, to lie with pathological abandon.

You can't think. The fact that suspects do not have to talk to the police in no way excuses the cops for lying to suspects.

You can't think. The fact that suspects do not have to talk to the police in no way excuses the cops for lying to suspects.
Lying to suspects is not only helpful but is essential. Imagine how easily any criminal could blow apart an undercover operation by just asking an undercover cop if he is a cop.

However, there are certainly limits as to how far police can go at deceiving and lying to suspects. The general rule is that deception can be used as long as it is not likely to induce an innocent person to commit a crime or to confess to a crime that he or she did not commit. Any confession, where lying and deception is used are a red flag for the courts to determine if the police crossed line. Many cases where the police have lied and used deceptive tactics are reviewed by higher courts every year. In fact a number have made it to the Supreme Court.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back