You explain it to me, because I don't understand

So her foster parents are not religious?

From my most recent link;

The girl, who is not named in the opinion, was living with foster parents this year when a juvenile court terminated the parental rights of her biological parents, who had physically abused and neglected her. In a closed hearing this summer, she told Douglas County District Judge Peter Bataillon she was 10 weeks pregnant and asked for a court order allowing an abortion. She said she would not be able to financially support a child and feared she might lose her foster placement if her foster parents, whom she described as having strong religious beliefs, learned of her pregnancy.

Hello.

Her foster parents do not get the last say in doctors decisions, her caseworker and attorney do. Yet, for some reason, she chose to go to court to get herself emancipated without getting emancipated.

The issue in this case is not whether or not she can have an abortion, the issue is whether she can get an abortion without the consent of her parents or guardian. She presented no evidence that her guardians might abuse her if she consulted them, thus her burden becomes much more difficult to establish a level of maturity entitling her to be an emancipated minor. She failed to meet that burden.

She will now have to seek the consent of her legal guardian.

Her legal guardians won't let her abort because they are crazy religious anti abortion freaks.

Placing value on human life is so crazy! Where do people come up with such wacky ideas?! Since you are a vegetable, it must be even harder for you to understand.

:cuckoo:

You keep saying things you don't know.

The girl, who is not named in the opinion, was living with foster parents this year when a juvenile court terminated the parental rights of her biological parents, who had physically abused and neglected her. In a closed hearing this summer, she told Douglas County District Judge Peter Bataillon she was 10 weeks pregnant and asked for a court order allowing an abortion. She said she would not be able to financially support a child and feared she might lose her foster placement if her foster parents, whom she described as having strong religious beliefs, learned of her pregnancy.

People who are extreme religious cranks like that shouldn't be allowed to foster kids.

People who are extreme religious cranks like that shouldn't be allowed to foster kids.

Newsflash, asswipe, they do not have the final say on medical decisions, the state does. She didn't have to go to court to get an abortion, all she had to do was inform her caseworker and let them make the arrangements. Instead she chose to challenge a law because she is an idiot.

And there it is - the open, shameless admission by a morally bankrupt leftist that money is more important than human life. What an empty excuse for a human being you are.

What makes you think I or anyone will take moral lectures from cowardly lying hypocrites?

Yeah, we get. You can't put a price on life, right up until the instant you're asked to pay. As soon as that happens, your valuation of human life instantly plunges to less than a dollar, since you won't even part with that.

I'm sure there are other extremist death-worshipers who will 'thank' your sentiment and voluntarily cast aside the last scrap of their humanity as you have just done.

Many children die because you won't part with any of your many luxuries.

So, by your own standards, you're a psycho death-culter with a scary death-lust. You know you could save children with the money that you claim is meaningless, but you refuse to part with even the least part of that meaningless money to do so. No wonder all the decent people shield their children from you as you walk down the street.

Last edited:
And there it is - the open, shameless admission by a morally bankrupt leftist that money is more important than human life. What an empty excuse for a human being you are.

What makes you think I or anyone will take moral lectures from cowardly lying hypocrites?

Yeah, we get. You can't put a price on life, right up until the instant you're asked to pay. As soon as that happens, your valuation of human life instantly plunges to less than a dollar, since you won't even part with that.

I'm sure there are other extremist death-worshipers who will 'thank' your sentiment and voluntarily cast aside the last scrap of their humanity as you have just done.

So, by your own standards, you're a psycho death-culter with a scary death-lust. You know you could save children with the money that you claim is meaningless, but you refuse to part with even the least part of that meaningless money to do so. No wonder all the decent people shield their children from you as you walk down the street.

Your attempt to attribute positions and conclusions to me that I have not taken is illogical and dishonest, which I guess sums you up pretty well.

Her legal guardians won't let her abort because they are crazy religious anti abortion freaks.

We don't know that Naomi, because no one has ever bothered to ask them. The point of the whole exercise was to obtain an abortion without informing them.

She didn't want to ask them because she knew they would refuse based on their beliefs.

How the hell do you know that? Are you a mind reader, or just an idiot with no control over your imagination?

Your attempt to attribute positions and conclusions to me that I have not taken is illogical and dishonest, which I guess sums you up pretty well.

Given that your sole tactic here is attributing positions to people that they haven't taken, you look quite hypocritical to have said that.

If you could argue against what we say, you would. You can't, hence you make shit up instead. Stop telling us what we really believe, and I'll stop pointing out that you're making shit up.

And after you stop making crap up, you might want to justify your inconsistency regarding your "You can't put a price on human life" and your "I won't pay a penny to save human life" beliefs. Or you could just keep whining about how mean I am for pointing out your contradictions.

We don't know that Naomi, because no one has ever bothered to ask them. The point of the whole exercise was to obtain an abortion without informing them.

She didn't want to ask them because she knew they would refuse based on their beliefs.

Not only can you read minds, you think she can too.

Given that your sole tactic here is attributing positions to people that they haven't taken, you look quite hypocritical to have said that...

I responded to your exact words. You utterly fabricated lies based on things I never said because you were only prepared to respond to your own imaginary view of anyone not as uber-liberal as yourself. You are a dishonest dimwit.

Given that your sole tactic here is attributing positions to people that they haven't taken, you look quite hypocritical to have said that.

If you could argue against what we say, you would. You can't, hence you make shit up instead. Stop telling us what we really believe, and I'll stop pointing out that you're making shit up.

And after you stop making crap up, you might want to justify your inconsistency regarding your "You can't put a price on human life" and your "I won't pay a penny to save human life" beliefs. Or you could just keep whining about how mean I am for pointing out your contradictions.

By the way, do NOT use quotation marks when you are not quoting my actual words. It is misrepresentation. I don't expect the likes of you to understand anything about ethics or morality, but don't do it again.

"Dear God, what is that thing!?"

/Princess Bride

The issue in this case is not whether or not she can have an abortion, the issue is whether she can get an abortion without the consent of her parents or guardian. She presented no evidence that her guardians might abuse her if she consulted them, thus her burden becomes much more difficult to establish a level of maturity entitling her to be an emancipated minor. She failed to meet that burden.

She will now have to seek the consent of her legal guardian.

No doubt.

But again, evidence of that needs to be presented in an appropriate and timely manner.

The right to privacy and the right of the individual to make personal decisions free from interference by the state have no value if invoked for reasons that don’t comport with the law.

Forum List

Back