You Have Awoken A Sleeping Giant

Correll argues that whites are discriminated against but does not show how with objective evidence. I think what he wants is a White Man's Civilization in the United States and is desperately unhappy that we don't.

I have repeatedly discussed the specifics with you in the past.

I will be happy to do so again.

Here is a one good example of the forces in play. Think of this as the tip of the Iceberg.

The Power of Race

"Advantages by Race and Class on the SAT and ACT at Selective Colleges, Fall 1997

Group Public Institutions (on ACT scale of 36) Private Institutions (on SAT scale of 1,600)
Race
--White -- --
--Black +3.8 +310
--Hispanic +0.3 +130
--Asian -3.4 -140"

As you can see, BLacks get a 310 point SAT bonus for having Blacks skin.

Browns get only 130 points.

This discrimination for limited numbers of admission slots means discrimination AGAINST whites who are competing for the same slots.

The push for diversity, and the desire to help "traditionally disadvantage" groups, AND the fear of lawsuits if their study body doesn't exactly match the demographics of the nation, is UNIVERSAL in our society.

The difference with University admissions is not that the motives for discrimination is greater, but that the documentation of how much discrimination is taking place is better.

It is odd that you have forgotten all the other times I have explained this.

Are you really that blind to information you don't like or were you being dishonest.

And in your dishonesty you fail to point out, from the link, that your conclusion is not sound because it reads "While Espenshade and Radford -- in the book and in interviews -- avoid broad conclusions over whether affirmative action is working or should continue, their findings almost certainly will be used both by supporters and critics of affirmative action to advance their arguments. (In fact, a talk Espenshade gave at a meeting earlier this year about some of the findings is already being cited by affirmative action critics, although in ways that he says don't exactly reflect his thinking.)

Is he describing you, Correll?

Yes, very much so.

HIs data shows the Affirmative Action is, as I said, anti-white discrimination.

His personal views are irrelevant, except as it is impressive that he did not allow his personal political views to prevent him from presenting his data and findings honestly.

And getting back to the point, his findings show the "objective evidence" you requested, especially as I pointed out, the motives for this discrimination is universal in our society.
Duke could win as a Republican, yes, when he could not win as a Democrat, yes?
Once his background in the Klan was well known and he tried running again he was humiliated. Less than one percent. That is what happens to actual real racists in the GOP.
Only in your opinion.

And your comments about AA are not in line with the link you posted: "In fact, a talk Espenshade gave at a meeting earlier this year about some of the findings is already being cited by affirmative action critics, although in ways that he says don't exactly reflect his thinking." Yet that is what you are doing.

I already said that that is what I am doing.

I am citing his RESEARCH, not his personal feelings.

He has not repudiated his research, the numbers are clear, black skin gets you a 310 point bonus for admission purposes.

I understand his desire to NOT want to be attacked by the PC lynch mob in Academia.

HIs research strongly supports my position that whites are discriminated against in today's society.

And as I pointed out the motives for that discrimination are universal in our society.

The obvious answer is because other ethnic groups are already "awake" in that their are allowed and even encouraged to actively pursue their interests and to celebrate their heritage.

For Whites, that is still TABOO.

For example, do you know what NAACP stands for?

For example, do you know what NAACP stands for?

Sure. Now why was it necessary to establish such an organization?

That they are allowed and even encouraged to actively pursue their interests was the whole of my point.

Thanks for agreeing.

As to why, blacks, back then in 1909, faced real discrimination, both legal and informal.

Why do you ask?

I ask because you seem to draw a parallel between your "struggle" and that of blacks.
Do you believe whites are now marginalized in the way blacks were to the point of needing a similar advocacy organization? That's what you seem to be saying.

Well, don't get lost in the details.

My point is that Whites, as a group, have interests and do not actively pursue them, and indeed, the normal response is any white even suggest doing so, they are generally shouted down as "racist".

I do not think that a National Association for the Advancement of White People is so much needed, as simply a breaking of the Taboo of speaking of Whites as a Group like every other, that has interests and is expected to protect and pursue them.

I wonder why they're shouted down as racist. Could there be historical precident supporting that view?

No. The purpose is to shut down serious debate on real issues.

That is what the Race Card is.

It is a form of Propaganda.

My point on White Interests stands.

I guess you ran out of things to list pretty quickly. You are starting to loop now. :laugh:

Guatemala

Guatemalan Mayan Genocide
Youre still looping.
laugh.gif

Correll argues, "I am citing his RESEARCH, not his personal feelings. He has not repudiated his research, the numbers are clear, black skin gets you a 310 point bonus for admission purposes. . . . .HIs research strongly supports my position that whites are discriminated against in today's society."

Actually it does not, as your link points out

"While Espenshade and Radford -- in the book and in interviews -- avoid broad conclusions over whether affirmative action is working or should continue, their findings almost certainly will be used both by supporters and critics of affirmative action to advance their arguments. (In fact, a talk Espenshade gave at a meeting earlier this year about some of the findings is already being cited by affirmative action critics, although in ways that he says don't exactly reflect his thinking."

You have a theory, yes, but, no, the research does not "strongly" support your theory.

Yep Great Britian killed a lot of Indians in India by starving them to death. I remember that. Thanks for reminding us.

Forum List

Back