You know what I want from my government?

Do you drive on the roads? If you do and you don't pay taxes then you're a theft.

It is called a investment, learn it.

Then you better get to work and fight those environmentalists. People who purchase gasoline and diesel fuel pay for those roads--people that use electric cars do not.

Tesla, the finest coal-powered car there is!

Now watch their heads explode...

You know what I want from my government? Universal healthcare, free college, new or repaired infrastructure that isn't falling into rivers, a doubling of nasa's budgets so we can go to mars and a new 50 meter telescope to find extrasolar planets, billions for cures for cancer that will save a million people a year, billions for new fusion tech attempts and possible a fully working fusion reactor! I want our educational system leading the world with the teacher not having to dig into their own pockets to educate other peoples children,

This is how a nation remains a great power!!!! period.

Well how about you get off your lazy ass and get the constitutional amendments to authorize that shit, absolutely none of it currently a federal function. See Article 5 of the USSC.

The con allows the fed to make laws thru our elected leaders . You don't need an amendment unless something is unconstitutional .

And you obviously have no clue about the Constitution. Hillsdale College offers a Constitution course for free, get back to me when you've completed it.

Lol! Oh really . So mr. Constitution expert , all these laws the fed have past for all these years are all unconstitutional ?! Which esteemed legal mind told you that?

This country couldn't even function under their retarded belief system and why the hell did the founders need a new constitution if this was so? Why not stick with the Articles of confederation that did exactly what the loserterians say the current constitution is limited to(their full of shit, but hell, they'll keep living within their idiocy!).

These assholes have no clue how this country functions and wish for it to fail. Fuck the extreme right.

Maybe you should ask your dear leader what he meant when he said the Constitution was a charter of negative liberties. The feds were never empowered to do anything you want them to do, like I said if you don't like, change it, but I'll be damned if I will allow you or anyone to ignore it unchallenged.

Well how about you get off your lazy ass and get the constitutional amendments to authorize that shit, absolutely none of it currently a federal function. See Article 5 of the USSC.

The con allows the fed to make laws thru our elected leaders . You don't need an amendment unless something is unconstitutional .

And you obviously have no clue about the Constitution. Hillsdale College offers a Constitution course for free, get back to me when you've completed it.

Lol! Oh really . So mr. Constitution expert , all these laws the fed have past for all these years are all unconstitutional ?! Which esteemed legal mind told you that?

This country couldn't even function under their retarded belief system and why the hell did the founders need a new constitution if this was so? Why not stick with the Articles of confederation that did exactly what the loserterians say the current constitution is limited to(their full of shit, but hell, they'll keep living within their idiocy!).

These assholes have no clue how this country functions and wish for it to fail. Fuck the extreme right.

Maybe you should ask your dear leader what he meant when he said the Constitution was a charter of negative liberties. The feds were never empowered to do anything you want them to do, like I said if you don't like, change it, but I'll be damned if I will allow you or anyone to ignore it unchallenged.

Unchallenged ?! What do you thinks being going on in our courts since day one ?

Go away child, I'm not going to waste my time on your ignorance.

What's the matter kook. Can't handle it when someone calls you out?

Let me guess , the gov also can't tax us either ! ? Lol!

When you can ask a specific question and constitutionally justify it, I'll be happy to entertain it, until then, piss off. I refuse to get into broad, no where, bullshit.

You know what I want from my government? Universal healthcare, free college,...I want...

I want. I want. I want.

Free. Free. Free.

Gimmie. Gimmie. Gimmie.

I think I just solved the Kennedy assassination mystery. Millennials invented a time machine, went back and put a bullet in his head.

People don't have too much of a problem with taxation, people have a problem how those taxes are spent.

We would all like to see money spent to benefit something or another, but what the federal government is to provide is listed in the Constitution.

State and local governments are much different. They can tax and spend on just about anything they desire. That's the way our country was started.

Yeah, I go to work every single day, create wealth, and get taxed on it. I do so to support my lifestyle in the suburbs of Cleveland. Along comes some lowlife who barely works if at all, moves in next door to me, and I pay for their stay through taxes thanks to HUD.

There is something seriously wrong with a society where the non-working have it just as good if not better than the working.

People don't have too much of a problem with taxation, people have a problem how those taxes are spent.

We would all like to see money spent to benefit something or another, but what the federal government is to provide is listed in the Constitution.

State and local governments are much different. They can tax and spend on just about anything they desire. That's the way our country was started.

Yeah, I go to work every single day, create wealth, and get taxed on it. I do so to support my lifestyle in the suburbs of Cleveland. Along comes some lowlife who barely works if at all, moves in next door to me, and I pay for their stay through taxes thanks to HUD.

There is something seriously wrong with a society where the non-working have it just as good if not better than the working.

We'll if you want to talk gov spending fine .

But the topic was the govs ability to pass laws and tax.

Government is the only thing keeping this nation a first world power and providing the first world environment for businesses to function.

I aint saying this stuff is FREE. So get over your worthless selfs....That is why I call it a investment!!! WE're making these investments as we speak!

Government is the only thing keeping this nation a first world power and providing the first world environment for businesses to function.

I aint saying this stuff is FREE. So get over your worthless selfs....That is why I call it a investment!!! WE're making these investments as we speak!

Yes, we know that. When Republicans spend money, it's wasting taxpayer dollars. When Democrats spend money, it's an investment.

Posts like this give all 12-year-olds a bad reputation.

What Else I want is the unions back and the voice of the workers as it was in the 50's to stand up for the workers. I want my middle class to be strong and with lots of competition!!! I want another FDR to preside over America.
The unions started fucking themselves when they started hiring business managers to go into their leadership instead of/ in preference to men coming up through the ranks.

You dont take the fox and put them in charge of the hen house.

Republicans only want high paying jobs that require no skills. That's all.

Yep, they want a large peon population of slaves to make the ultra rich ever richer. Republicans suck ass!!!!
I really wish I could disagree, but when I hear Republicans defending pay scales for CEOs and top level management being 300 to 400 times the average pay of their workers, while it only runs about 30 to one in the rest of the developed world, I cannot honestly argue your assertion.

Too many Republicans think that they are rich or something and not part of the working class when they are in fact working class.

Posts like this give all 12-year-olds a bad reputation.

Says the 4 year old that has lived with the benefits of a stable government his entire worthless life. Learn something but until then please fuck off.

Try going to a place without a stable government and starting your business...It will be burnt down.

What Else I want is the unions back and the voice of the workers as it was in the 50's to stand up for the workers. I want my middle class to be strong and with lots of competition!!! I want another FDR to preside over America.
The unions started fucking themselves when they started hiring business managers to go into their leadership instead of/ in preference to men coming up through the ranks.

You dont take the fox and put them in charge of the hen house.

Hopefully, in the future unions will be for the worker once again and not a smoke screen for the business.

Says the 4 year old that has lived with the benefits of a stable government his entire worthless life. Learn something but until then please fuck off.

Try going to a place without a stable government and starting your business...It will be burnt down.

The only thing that can destabilize our government is spending like a drunken sailer even more so than today.

Hopefully, in the future unions will be for the worker once again and not a smoke screen for the business.

A smoke screen? You mean like when they move the business out of state or the country to get away from unions like so many have done in the past?

The top 10% make 73% of all wealth. I promise you that they don't pay the kind of taxes into the system for what they make.

You don't make wealth dumbass. I guarantee you they do pay the kind of taxes into the system based on their income.

What is the wealthiest "fair share". Do they use roads more, public schools more, are they more protected by the military? They certainly don't benefit from all the entitlement spending at the same rate that they pay taxes, in fact, they hardly benefit from the vast majority of government spending at all. Keep in mind, the majority of spending is on welfare, social security, and healthcare.
View attachment 86528

That graph is bullshit . Why does it combine ss , unemployment , and "labor" , into one expense ?

Why are military and vet budgets separate ?

Ho
The top 10% make 73% of all wealth. I promise you that they don't pay the kind of taxes into the system for what they make.

You don't make wealth dumbass. I guarantee you they do pay the kind of taxes into the system based on their income.

What is the wealthiest "fair share". Do they use roads more, public schools more, are they more protected by the military? They certainly don't benefit from all the entitlement spending at the same rate that they pay taxes, in fact, they hardly benefit from the vast majority of government spending at all. Keep in mind, the majority of spending is on welfare, social security, and healthcare.
View attachment 86528

That graph is bullshit . Why does it combine ss , unemployment , and "labor" , into one expense ?

Why are military and vet budgets separate ?

Ok, why don't you find a pie chart you prefer instead of complaining about the one I posted. Or is it just easier to bitch about what others post?

A smoke screen? You mean like when they move the business out of state or the country to get away from unions like so many have done in the past?

So many of the business managers go into the unions and take a hostile attitude toward management, but then will cut a deal with management to betray the employees for management. I have known of this happening at General Dynamics in Ft Worth back in the 1990s and have heard of it happening elsewhere.

Most business managers simply want to score as much money as they can and should never be trusted by unions.

Red:
That has nothing to do with who pays how much taxes or whether they who pay taxes pay enough, too much or too little.. Your remark is about income earned, not taxes paid, not tax rates, or anything else taxes.

Blue:
That's an opinion, one to which you are to some extent potentially entitled. Whether the the top 10% should pay more or less in taxes is a subjective matter. That they do indeed pay more as taxes than do all other income segments is a fact.

Now it seems to me that folks who say the wealthy should be made to pay even more in taxes want two basic things:
  • To exact a penalty for doing precisely what Americans are supposed to do: analyze the situation, identify opportunities (present and future) for profit making, avail themselves of those opportunities.
  • Subsidize the non-wealthy even more than is already the case.
That wouldn't be terribly onerous but for the what those same folks also want in concert with the two bullets above:
  • Dramatic reductions in the influence wealthy folks have in the policy making processes.
  • Dramatic reductions in the influence wealthy folks have in the electoral process.
So you tell me, if you and several other folks buy a vacation home. If you pay for 50% of the mortgage and your several friends together pay the remaining 50%, would you not demand greater control in how and when the house is used and by whom? Well it's no different with taxes.

So what I'm saying is that folks can either the first pair of bullets or the second pair of bullets, but they can't expect both pairs of bullets, or even the first pair and either one of the second pair.

Very well put!

Forum List

Back