You Mean That Government Employees Can't Save Money&Have No Credit Line.Awe,This Is So Sad !!

Hard to have a nest egg making 35 grand a year unless one doesn't pay rent, own a vehicle, or eat.

$35K is poverty level for a 4-person household in D.C.

$34,638, to be exact, before I'm called a liar.

Probably the same in California and the northeast states. While government workers don't make huge amounts in cash, nobody can say they don't have the best benefits. So when you take a government job, you are trading in the big-bucks for great benefits.

I work for a small company of under a dozen people. Three of our workers are retired government workers. They got retirement with pension at the age of 55. Working at our company, now they get two paychecks every week. I dare anybody to find me a job in the private sector where employees can do that. Very few and far between.

They earned that pension. Llike you said they traded off pay for benefits. They surely aren't rich by any means.

Private sector has oodles of jobs.
Shit jobs that takes weeks if not months to get and then takes weeks to get paid.
so only the lowest paid employees are getting the shaft? including government restroom cleaners and burger chefs? thats it? but all those who make over 50,000 a year will keep their jobs, right? and this is a crisis?
If you live in an area where it is expensive to live it is, could you live without any income for over a month?

I could live several months without income. You have to have a nest egg these days in case anything goes wrong. Every responsible person should do just that.
Not everyone is you. There variables in every situation.

I don't know what variables there can be. I made sure I never had any children due to the expense. I knew I was going to be a blue-collar worker and just didn't need to be living check-to-check the rest of my life. It's not that I've been blessed somehow by not having a family, I made that choice many years ago.

Outside of a lottery ticket once a week, I don't gamble. I took my money and invested it. I don't do drugs, go anywhere on vacation, and my ten year old car has over 100,000 miles on it. Could I afford a new one? Of course, but the thought of being stuck paying for the thing the next three years scares the hell out of me.

It's called living within your means.

Shit jobs that takes weeks if not months to get and then takes weeks to get paid.
so only the lowest paid employees are getting the shaft? including government restroom cleaners and burger chefs? thats it? but all those who make over 50,000 a year will keep their jobs, right? and this is a crisis?
If you live in an area where it is expensive to live it is, could you live without any income for over a month?

I could live several months without income. You have to have a nest egg these days in case anything goes wrong. Every responsible person should do just that.

I don't know what variables there can be. I made sure I never had any children due to the expense. I knew I was going to be a blue-collar worker and just didn't need to be living check-to-check the rest of my life. It's not that I've been blessed somehow by not having a family, I made that choice many years ago.

Outside of a lottery ticket once a week, I don't gamble. I took my money and invested it. I don't do drugs, go anywhere on vacation, and my ten year old car has over 100,000 miles on it. Could I afford a new one? Of course, but the thought of being stuck paying for the thing the next three years scares the hell out of me.

Yeah well take it on a speaking tour and see how well it does..Not everyone is you..

How many of you fucktard Trumptards would work for free?

Let's hear how many! :cul2:

So who's working for free? They will still get paid working or not.
so like i said earlier, if pelosi is so concerned,,crying over all of those people about to go broke, why cant she just send them all a check for 5000.00? isnt she worth over 40 Million?

Because that's what Piglosi refers to as scrap money.

Yeah well take it on a speaking tour and see how well it does..Not everyone is you..

Correct, not everyone is me. But the point I'm making is everybody could be me. It's just a matter of what risks you took in life, what obligations you decided to get involved with, and nobody put you in that position. You made the choices on your own unless it involves some sort of hardship like the economy or medical problems.

They earned that pension. Llike you said they traded off pay for benefits. They surely aren't rich by any means.

I never said they didn't earn it. But my point is it's hard to feel sorry for these people now that they made the decision to work for great benefits and lower pay.

so i am guessing i cannot get an apt in new york/greater DC for 500 a month?

Private sector has oodles of jobs.

you see, when we hear the term "Government Employee", we just assume those are positions of higher pay than the average American,,right? these people are doing so well,never have to worry about their financial status,always have a job,,etc,....well,,i guess not.

Several years ago our Governor (Kasich) went after government workers to break up the unions. In heated discussions, I did some research on government workers, city, state, federal. They don't make less in wages compared to the private sector, they make about the same. The huge benefit (and most costly) are the perks.

you see, when we hear the term "Government Employee", we just assume those are positions of higher pay than the average American,,right? these people are doing so well,never have to worry about their financial status,always have a job,,etc,....well,,i guess not.

Several years ago our Governor (Kasich) went after government workers to break up the unions. In heated discussions, I did some research on government workers, city, state, federal. They don't make less in wages compared to the private sector, they make about the same. The huge benefit (and most costly) are the perks.
these workers should still know better to live within their means, and not buying new cars/expensive stuff from best buy that they really dont need, ive been there in the latter 90's, i learned my lesson, and by learning these things, my FICO score has remained between 740-780 for quite some time now

The lower pay isn't the issue. Not paying them is. Their pay should not be a part of a political Tiff that resembles that of two eighth grade girls who have decided they just can't compromise . They aren't a part of the battle yet are being punished for something they are not a part of.

Correct, not everyone is me. But the point I'm making is everybody could be me. It's just a matter of what risks you took in life, what obligations you decided to get involved with, and nobody put you in that position. You made the choices on your own unless it involves some sort of hardship like the economy or medical problems.

Our oldest daughters babysit (a lot) half what they make goes into the bank without fail. They have quite the nest eggs built up and they're learning how to save

Our oldest daughters babysit (a lot) half what they make goes into the bank without fail. They have quite the nest eggs built up and they're learning how to save
My youngest son has a job to earn straight A's in school and to be in advance classes with a high chance of 100% tuition for college. He'll have fifty years of work waiting for him when he graduates. No need to get into a hurry..

Forum List

Back