You old farts like myself realized that Jimmy Olson of superman fame died today

I've always liked Frank Lloyd Wright houses and I thought this was especially good because John Lautner is also one of my favorite architects. The place is small but if you check Pinterest (I see you already did!) you can find some pics that show how well it holds up 75 years later. I would love to buy this, but being a FLW it is probably $3.5 million for a two bedroom. Ouch

Wow, I didn't know Leonard Nimoy had died.

Whole buncha people I didn't know had died...

Theo Bikel?
Donna Douglas?
Patrick Macnee?
Cynthia Lennon?

I had no idea Jimmy Olsen would have still been around though.

From the link: People who have died in 2015

You didn't know Leonard Nimoy had died, seriously ? How the fuck could you have missed that ? Where have you been, where no man has gone before ?

I've always liked Frank Lloyd Wright houses and I thought this was especially good because John Lautner is also one of my favorite architects. The place is small but if you check Pinterest (I see you already did!) you can find some pics that show how well it holds up 75 years later. I would love to buy this, but being a FLW it is probably $3.5 million for a two bedroom. Ouch
Awesome house in a great neighborhood.

Doris Day
Carol Channing
Kirk Douglas
Little Richard
Jerry Lee Lewis
Chuck Berry

While I don't like to gamble on when someone might die I thought the aging of actors was interesting enough to look up. Here is a small sampling. I hated to see Clint Eastwood, George Kennedy and Gene Hackman make this list and Maureen O'Hara who I had a schoolboy crush on growing up.
Abe Vigoda 95
George Kennedy 90
Dick Van Dyke 89
Rose Marie 92
Carl Reiner 93
Cloris Leachman 89
Larry Storch 92
Betty White 93
Al Molinaro 96
Robert Clary 89
Sean Connery 85
Jerry Stiller 88
June Lockhart 90
Nanette Fabray 94
Richard Anderson 89
Mike Connors 90
Bill Dana 90
Kirk Douglas 98
Clint Eastwood 85
Maureen O'Hara 95
Dorothy Malone 90
Zsa Zsa Gabor 98
Rhonda Fleming 92
Olivia de Havilland 99
Alan Young 95
Sidney Poitier 88
Hugh O'Brian 90
Hal Holbrook 90
Gene Hackman 85

Growing up in L.A. gave me some opportunities that others didn't have by being close to celebrities. A friend's mother suggested we visit the movie colony country home where retired actors went for nursing care when they became too old to take care of themselves. The only rule was that we be polite and respectful which we had no problem with. We met Buster Keaton the year he died, Ramon Navarro, and Larry Fine of the Three Stooges, and many others. The best part was the fact they liked to be remembered and showed their gratitude by talking non stop. It turned out to be one of the best suggestions of my childhood.

Real Hollywood is gone! :(
Today's is rubbish and doesn't compare...might as well close shop.

reevescast.jpg

Great days. May they all rest in peace.

Forum List

Back