You people should blame the government and FED for high gas prices.

Liberty

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2009
colorado
The oil companies, speculators, etc. mean nothing next to the government.

Consider this:

-OPEC only accepts the US DOLLAR when it sells barrels of oil
-The fed through Quantitative Easing (Printing more money) lowers the value of the dollar.
-Historically speaking, as the dollar declines, gas prices rise.

It isn't that the price is necessarily increasing as much as it is ballancing out relative to the actual value of the dollar. If the American people had a collective half a brain they would be swarming the federal reserve demanding it's immediate disbandment. But alas, we have politicians like our President out there blaming those who are not the crux of the issue...and Obama knows that, but he is putting his chips on the American people being stupid. So, are you stupid?

I blame the Republicans....we did not have these problems before they took over the House

Since taking over the House of Representatives, they have not passed a single bill to reduce escallating gas prices

I blame the Republicans....we did not have these problems before they took over the House

Since taking over the House of Representatives, they have not passed a single bill to reduce escallating gas prices

OF COURSE you blame republicans; you're a hack and an idiot. And why would they pass a bill to reduce prices when prices are decided by the free global market process? Get a grip. The Federal reserve prints money, that devalues the dollar, that causes prices to go up. It is NOT rocket science, but I guess for morons like you it is pretty close.

I have been telling people this for years. It is the oldest government scam in the book. Print money like crazy now & it will cause commodity prices to rise a year from now. Then when prices rise the media will jump on every story of shortage, over consumption or speculators to explain the sudden price rise. People never ever see through the smoke & mirrors to find that the real culprit is all the free money the government printed, borrowed & spent on their favorite groups of people last year.

You will be lead to believe we need to invest in conservation to keep prices down.

OF COURSE you blame republicans; you're a hack and an idiot. And why would they pass a bill to reduce prices when prices are decided by the free global market process? Get a grip. The Federal reserve prints money, that devalues the dollar, that causes prices to go up. It is NOT rocket science, but I guess for morons like you it is pretty close.

Boehner has been sitting in a tanning booth while gas prices have gone through tyhe ROOF

Republicans do nothing ...as usual

Boehner has been sitting in a tanning booth while gas prices have gone through tyhe ROOF

While you work your ass off. :lol:

Let me ask you this.... what has Obama done to bring them down?

Answer: NOTHING

He however HAS done plenty of things to make them go up.... the moratorium on drilling being one.... giving contracts to Brazil is another.... buying oil from them as well....

Give me a break RW... at least be honest about it.

Let me ask you this.... what has Obama done to bring them down?

Answer: NOTHING

He however HAS done plenty of things to make them go up.... the moratorium on drilling being one.... giving contracts to Brazil is another.... buying oil from them as well....

Give me a break RW... at least be honest about it.

We didn't have these problems when Nancy Pelosi ran the House

Boehner is a lightweight and needs to resign

Boehner is too busy trying to prevent gays from marrying

He needs to stop this DOMA crap and start doing something about high gas prices

We never had these issues with Nancy Peolosi

I do. We have the largest oil reserves in the world. The worst part is we could be an oil exporter if we utilized the CO oil sands, ANWR, offshore, deep seas, along with our current drilling operations.

Heck start drilling here and just get imports down to Canada should be the plan!

The oil companies, speculators, etc. mean nothing next to the government.

Consider this:

-OPEC only accepts the US DOLLAR when it sells barrels of oil
-The fed through Quantitative Easing (Printing more money) lowers the value of the dollar.
-Historically speaking, as the dollar declines, gas prices rise.

It isn't that the price is necessarily increasing as much as it is ballancing out relative to the actual value of the dollar. If the American people had a collective half a brain they would be swarming the federal reserve demanding it's immediate disbandment. But alas, we have politicians like our President out there blaming those who are not the crux of the issue...and Obama knows that, but he is putting his chips on the American people being stupid. So, are you stupid?

Well I can tell you are'nt on your A game today, and I dont feel like sparring with a mental midget today.... so carry on with your silliness.

We can see you dont know what your talking about. Next time STUDY the talking points first.

Well.......considering that the speculators have managed to boost the price of gas up 38 cents PER GALLON, as well as the FACT that oil companies have posted the largest profits EVER, I'd have to say it's less about the ME and more about the greedy pricks on Wall St.

Well.......considering that the speculators have managed to boost the price of gas up 38 cents PER GALLON, as well as the FACT that oil companies have posted the largest profits EVER, I'd have to say it's less about the ME and more about the greedy pricks on Wall St.

SPECULATORS BOOST IT UP because the value of the dollar is decreasing, they BOOST IT UP to BALANCE out the value in reaction to the FEDERAL RESERVE PRINTING MONEY AND INFLATION!

The MARKET is not CAUSING the problem, they are simply responding to the problem, which is the government and fed fucking with our currency. It's obvious.

Pay attention.

ats55109_oil_vs_usd.jpg

screen-shot-2009-11-11-at-8-11-13-am.png

Dollar Value vs. Oil prices vs. Euro

It is staring the American people right in the face but people like you just take Obama at his word and flip out against people simply reacting to the quantitative easing...and ignoring the root cause of the problem.

Last edited:

SPECULATORS BOOST IT UP because the value of the dollar is decreasing, they BOOST IT UP to BALANCE out the value in reaction to the FEDERAL RESERVE PRINTING MONEY AND INFLATION!

The MARKET is not CAUSING the problem, they are simply responding to the problem, which is the government and fed fucking with our currency. It's obvious.

Pay attention.

ats55109_oil_vs_usd.jpg

Dollar Value vs. Oil prices

Still doesn't explain the RECORD PROFITS OF 20 BILLION they raked in last quarter.

Explain to me how that matters exactly. You are implying their high profits are related to higher prices, and you totally ignore the fact that DEVELOPING countries are also buying more, therefore making the oil companies more profitable because there is higher market. That has absolutely NOTHING to do with prices whatsoever. You are simply regurgitating nonsense that they want "American idiots" to think, and here you are.

What would be in that bill?

The only thing they can do is pass a resolution condemning the White House and his fiscal policies.

I hear in terms of gold - gasoline has never been as cheap.

So seems to be smoke and mirrors indeed.

Blame the govt and fed? Of course we cannot blame wars, speculators, etc can we?

Some blamed the govt when republicans were in power. I suspect you had a different view then.

Forum List

Back