You Taught The GOP A Lesson: You Want Higher Taxes So They Will Grant Your Wish

Of course obama is pulling the wool over his sheep's eyes, they say, yeah tax them rich people..Like that will DO ANYTHING to tackle the problems he has now HELP CREATE

The top 10% have 90% of the wealth. I find it hard to believe that raising taxes on them won't solve our problems.

When the rich paid their fair share, we had balanced budgets.

It wont solve any problems. 800 billion over 10 years? :lmao:

We haven't had a balanced budget for decades. Borrowing money to create a surplus doesn't count either.
It worked under President Clinton.

Christ. On. Crutches.

Correlation does not imply causation. In this case, it's been explained ad nauseam.

No argument. But we do not tax based on fairness. We tax based on economic need and benefit to the economy, or should, anyway.

Are you fucking kidding me??? The whole democratic tax plan is BASED on the critique the rich are not paying thier fair share. If we based budget decsions on economics (GASP!!) the only true way to fix things is through massive spending cuts, coupled with ACROSS THE BOARD tax increases.

No; I'm not. Where you're confused is by thinking politics is real. It's not. It's just politics. If passed, with the aid of political rhetoric, then what the economists suggested, goes into effect.

Does that help?

Then why just raise taxes for $80 billion for a $1,300 billion dollar yearly deficit? How is that supposed to help, economically.

And stop trying to sound smart, it isnt working.

The top 10% have 90% of the wealth. I find it hard to believe that raising taxes on them won't solve our problems.

When the rich paid their fair share, we had balanced budgets.

It wont solve any problems. 800 billion over 10 years? :lmao:

We haven't had a balanced budget for decades. Borrowing money to create a surplus doesn't count either.
It worked under President Clinton.

Refer to the highlighted portion there, Sparky...

Be proud of what you did. You taught the GOP that you don't want low taxes. You don't care if the Democrats raise your taxes and spend it faster than they can steal it from you. So I figure they're out to give you what you wanted.

How does it feel to teach those Republicans a lesson?

I still can't figure out if Romney's plan was going to raise or lower my net tax burden.

I already know exactly what will happen to my tax burden of the Bush cuts expire. And I know what will happen if Obama succeeds in extending them for everyone under 250k.

I prefer knowns. And to be honest, if the tax cuts expire I'll be OK with paying a little more since the wealthy will be paying more as well.

Be proud of what you did. You taught the GOP that you don't want low taxes. You don't care if the Democrats raise your taxes and spend it faster than they can steal it from you. So I figure they're out to give you what you wanted.

I still can't figure out if Romney's plan was going to raise or lower my net tax burden.

I already know exactly what will happen to my tax burden of the Bush cuts expire. And I know what will happen if Obama succeeds in extending them for everyone under 250k.

I prefer knowns. And to be honest, if the tax cuts expire I'll be OK with paying a little more since the wealthy will be paying more as well.

Let me guess, the whole nation will heal over night and we'll be out of debt by April. :rolleyes:

Are you fucking kidding me??? The whole democratic tax plan is BASED on the critique the rich are not paying thier fair share. If we based budget decsions on economics (GASP!!) the only true way to fix things is through massive spending cuts, coupled with ACROSS THE BOARD tax increases.

No; I'm not. Where you're confused is by thinking politics is real. It's not. It's just politics. If passed, with the aid of political rhetoric, then what the economists suggested, goes into effect.

Does that help?

Then why just raise taxes for $80 billion for a $1,300 billion dollar yearly deficit? How is that supposed to help, economically.

And stop trying to sound smart, it isnt working.

Why indeed. Obviously some help is better than no help. Also, $80 B is a bit of righty nonsense, that ignores growth, and other effects of higher top marginal rates.

And indeed even $80 B is a bunch of money to be circulating through the economy, where it might not otherwise (why we tax the rich at a higher rate, in aggregate ... unless from Capital Income, which the $80 B pseudo-economic bullshit estimate also ignores.)

Merely one example: Romney, makes some coin in America, and 15% goes back in. Some buys a nice house, but most winds up offshore in Cayman Trusts. Gonzo. No longer here and moving around. Had we taxed that at 20% or 30% or better, 50%, then more of it would be back here moving around our economy and helping others achieve what Romney did, and he could still have the same house, cars, car elevators, etc, sionce he spends but a small percentage of what he makes, as opposed to middle class and government, who spend it all and then some, via borrowing.

And in truth, that's an uber micro example. Romney is rich, but far from the wealth of our top 0.01%.

Let me guess, the whole nation will heal over night and we'll be out of debt by April. :rolleyes:

Did I say that?

Of course not. Have you a suggestion on how to achieve that?

You can't teach people who think education is elite.

You can't teach people who think education is elite.

You can't teach elitists.

Yeah. When the Republicans had control of the House and Senate and White House, they sure taught us all how to spend less than the government takes in. They were a model of fiscal responsibility.

Oh, wait...

I don't think it's possible to pay off the debt that quickly at all. But if you cut spending across the board (including entitlements), and heavily cut the military, you can balance a budget and begin to pay down the debt, instead of some half cocked nonsense of adding 80 billion annually to a trillion plus deficit.

Yeah. When the Republicans had control of the House and Senate and White House, they sure taught us all how to spend less than the government takes in. They were a model of fiscal responsibility.

Oh, wait...

Nobody remembers that bro.

I don't think it's possible to pay off the debt that quickly at all. But if you cut spending across the board (including entitlements), and heavily cut the military, you can balance a budget and begin to pay down the debt, instead of some half cocked nonsense of adding 80 billion annually to a trillion plus deficit.

So it was a bullshit retort? (tip: yes)

Oh, wait...

In comparision to the recent Democrat controlled Congress they were.

Democrats found a way to spend that even the post WWII era couldn't compare to.

And they felt we needed more. All during the Bush years the Dems were clamoring for more and more spending and the GOP in almost every case did just that to keep from being called racists, accused of not taking care of the troops, uncaring mean-spirited tightwad obstructionists.

Last edited:
It is. We tax incomes, equally under law. We do not tax individuals, simply because we like one more than the other.

Sure we do. All the time. Pretty much every tax deduction/exemption/credit/etc that's not part of the calculation of net income rewards some and punishes others. The government currently leverages this illicit power to great effect, taxing some of us less (if the state approves of our lifestyle, or wants to reward us with 'benes') or some of us more (if it thinks we've been naughty, or don't deserve our wealth).

Oh, wait...

In comparision to the recent Democrat controlled Congress they were.

Democrats found a way to spend that even the post WWII era couldn't compare to.

And they felt we needed more. All during the Bush years the Dems were clamoring for more and more spending and the GOP in almost every case did just that to keep from being called racists, accused of not taking care of the troops, uncaring mean-spirited tightwad obstructionists.

Cool story. Too bad its a complete fabrication.

So it was a bullshit retort? (tip: yes)

Yes, the same type of bullshit you feed this thread about higher marginal tax rates created economic growth. Or that 80 billion in additional revenues by stealing from "the rich" will impact the economy positively.

Forum List

Back