You Taught The GOP A Lesson: You Want Higher Taxes So They Will Grant Your Wish

Why? Anyone can look it up. Or he has changed it. He does that. And, Skull, you know better. You don't associate with folks like bripat.

Why? Anyone can look it up. Or he has changed it. He does that. And, Skull, you know better. You don't associate with folks like bripat.

It's your assertion so you prove it.

I don't really give a shit how old he is but I can't stand when people say shit then refuse to back it up.

Last edited:
My integrity counts with those who have integrity. If you can't see, then go consult the man in the mirror. I told you freaks since last year if the far right, social values wacks, and the libertarians in our party cost the election, the mainstream GOP would come after you. The posse is on the way.

Fairness is pretty subjective.

You could have stopped right there. "Fairness" is totally subjective.

But something that sustains the economy that enriches them seems pretty fair.

Your theory seems to be that the economy is a person of some kind that deserved to be compensated. Taxes don't get paid to the "economy." They get paid to the government. What has government provided the rich that entitles it to take 39% of their income?

Meanwhile, here's how it ($80 B) works:

1. It's a bullshit low estimate by anti-tax think tanks and does not account for growth.

2. The economy grows, even when Bush fucked up revenue with his two cuts. Wait 4.5 years, and growth brought revenue back to 2000 levels, nominally.

So you believe tax increases are beneficial to the economy? You're serious? Where's the logic supporting this bizarre claim?

3. It brings revenue growth above the level of spending growth, and in time we reach balance and then surplus... as it did in the 90s, after 7 years.

How does an $80 billion tax increase bring "revenue growth" above deficit spending of $1.3 trillion?

4. If we don't fuck up as Bush did when we reach surplus, the debt starts going down.

Simple.

don't worry, we'll never reach surplus so long as Obama and his fluffers are in charge.

Last edited:
Why? Because you say so, junior? This is not debate club. bripat is trash, and you know it.

It's your assertion so you prove it.

You aren't fooling anyone, Fakey. You obviously have no evidence to support your imbecile claim. Of course, when do you ever?

You went and changed it. Knew you would. Your lack of integrity is legion here. You are what you are here, for grins and chuckles only. You and your wanks have no power in the GOP at all now.

You went and changed it. Knew you would. Your lack of integrity is legion here. You are what you are here, for grins and chuckles only. You and your wanks have no power in the GOP at all now.

I went and changed what, your evidence?

That is the weakest excuse ever posted in this forum.

You're a marvel, Fakey.

My integrity counts with those who have integrity. If you can't see, then go consult the man in the mirror. I told you freaks since last year if the far right, social values wacks, and the libertarians in our party cost the election, the mainstream GOP would come after you. The posse is on the way.

What does any of that have to do with you supporting an assertion with a quote?

And btw I said credibility not integrity.

Be proud of what you did. You taught the GOP that you don't want low taxes. You don't care if the Democrats raise your taxes and spend it faster than they can steal it from you. So I figure they're out to give you what you wanted.

How does it feel to teach those Republicans a lesson?

Oh, what a load of bullshit this premise is.

First, you can't teach the GOP anything these days. Look at Mitt Romney's internal poll that got leaked that showed him winning the election. Their internals were modeled exclusively on the 2010 electorate. I mean, how stupid could they have possibly been to accept that as reality?

Second, Obama has been a tax-cutting President to about 95% of the country or more. He passed the single largest one-time middle class tax cut in American history in his stimulus. He wishes to extend the tax cuts on all income of $250,000 and under, which represents 98% of the country. Letting the top marginal rate go back to 39% won't hurt the economy, according to everyone that matters on Wall Street. They actually want to see this thing passed immediately so it helps stabilize the markets some. So far, more than a few House Republicans seemed to have actually learned from this election while the rest of 'em are a bunch of pig-headed types who seem to have decided that if bringing down the country can help bring down Obama than so be it.

Fuck that shit. So far, the President and his party have actually outlined a good deal if not all of their plans, from spending cuts to revenue measures to areas we can save money. What about the Republicans? Is obstruction still the only thing they're for? What are their plans? What do they want? They say they want spending cuts. Great, like what? Put something on the table. Put your money where your mouth is, Republicans.

It's harmful to this great country that a once respected and moderate party such as the GOP has fallen into the hands of the stupidest among us, because we need two actual parties that want to govern well to make this country work. You've got Democrats there wanting to do something and you've got Republicans with their hands over their ears shouting, "LA LA LA LA LA!", ignoring their responsibilities either out of sheer stupidity or willful blindness.

The only way this thing is going to work right now is if good moderate people keep flooding their Republican representatives with e-mails and calls and letters and petitions to extend the middle class tax cuts immediately. A few of them are finally breaking ranks with Grover Norquist and more seem likely to follow. We just need to convert 17 Republicans in the House to do the right thing.

Contact your Congressman immediately. Tell them to extend the tax cuts on the middle class immediately or they can expect that you'll work to get them fired two years from now.

Time to live up to real adult responsibilities, Republicans. Put up or stfu.

I have told you this is not a debate club. I could care if you get a link when all you have to do is Google. Look up credibility and integrity, You are tired, obviously.

I have told you this is not a debate club. I could care if you get a link when all you have to do is Google. Look up credibility and integrity, You are tired, obviously.

\

So you're too lazy to support your assertions that's OK just admit it.

tax_rate-chart.gif

Oh, the humanity!

tax_rate-chart.gif

Oh, the humanity!

Why do you people always bring up Reagan?

Live in the present.

Why? Because before Reagan, debt wasn't even part of our lexicon.

Where did our debt come from? When did massive debt become part of the American economy?

Ronbo Reagan switched the federal government from what he critically called, a “tax and spend” policy, to a “borrow and spend” policy, where the government continued its heavy spending, but used borrowed money instead of tax revenue to pay the bills. The results were catastrophic. Although it had taken the United States more than 200 years to accumulate the first $1 trillion of national debt, it took only five years under Reagan to add the second one trillion dollars to the debt. By the end of the 12 years of the Reagan-Bush administrations, the national debt had quadrupled to $4 trillion!

national%20debt.jpg

And where was all this angst and concern about debt from conservatives when Bush and Republicans controlled the White House and both houses of Congress for almost a decade??? When Bush was starting a 3 trillion dollar war of ideology in Iraq, there was not a fucking PEEP from you right wingers, just cheers and 'bring 'em on'... And where was this less government mantra? You right wingers LOVED BIG government and government intervention into people lives... the Patriot Act, trashing habeas corpus, the Geneva Conventions and the US War Crimes Act.

And what was the concern in the Bush administration about debt and deficits? NONE...Bush's solution was to eliminate the voices of concern.

Paul O'Neill was fired from his job as George Bush's Treasury Secretary for disagreeing too many times with the president's policy on tax cuts.

The president had promised to cut taxes, and he did. Within six months of taking office, he pushed a trillion dollars worth of tax cuts through Congress.

But O'Neill thought it should have been the end. After 9/11 and the war in Afghanistan, the budget deficit was growing. So at a meeting with the vice president after the mid-term elections in 2002, O'Neill argued against a second round of tax cuts.

"Cheney, at this moment, showed his hand. He said to O'Neill: 'You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter. We won the mid-term elections, this is our due.' … O'Neill was speechless."

"It was not just about not wanting the tax cut. It was about how to use the nation's resources to improve the condition of our society," says O'Neill. "And I thought the weight of working on Social Security and fundamental tax reform was a lot more important than a tax reduction."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back