You were never slaves in Egypt

Yes, and the will of our Father in Heaven is that we be good people, follow his commandments as best we can, and do mitzvot (good deeds). That is why Jews and Gentiles can all get to Heaven.

It’s obnoxious for Christians to keep insisting to good people of other religions that only they, the Christians, will see G-d.
No one knows their fate or the fate of others. Anyone saying different is lying to themselves and walking a thin line. God does not want us to love him for what he can do for us. He wants us to love him for who he is. Which is pretty much what everyone wants.

real faith is Transformative from the inside out
How would an observer recognize that you were transformed? Would it be because you told him? Or would it be because he saw it through your actions?

The Greek word for repent is "metanoia." Metanoia means to change your mind. Our thoughts, the flow of consciousness which determines our behaviors, can change. Metanoia has to do with moral activity, but goes beyond that. Jesus was teaching that we could change our mind about how we treat people. We don’t have to be unforgiving and cynical. We can change our mind about being negative. We can think positive thoughts and walk in faith instead of doubt. We can change our minds about sin. Rather than being caught in the strongholds of consistent habits of lust or selfishness, for example, we can experience freedom and selflessness. Jesus would not have told us to change unless it was possible and attainable. The Bible is full of words that speak about change. Repentance, metamorphosis, transformation, conversion, resurrection, rebirth, renewal, regeneration, healing and transfiguration.

Jesus taught everyone how to become the best version of themselves. Being perfect does not mean doing perfect things. It means to BE perfect. To exist perfectly. So when one makes mistakes - which we all will - we should be truthful to ourselves about ourselves. That's how we exist perfectly.

How would an observer recognize that you were transformed? Would it be because you told him? Or would it be because he saw it through your actions?

The Greek word for repent is "metanoia." Metanoia means to change your mind. Our thoughts, the flow of consciousness which determines our behaviors, can change. Metanoia has to do with moral activity, but goes beyond that. Jesus was teaching that we could change our mind about how we treat people. We don’t have to be unforgiving and cynical. We can change our mind about being negative. We can think positive thoughts and walk in faith instead of doubt. We can change our minds about sin. Rather than being caught in the strongholds of consistent habits of lust or selfishness, for example, we can experience freedom and selflessness. Jesus would not have told us to change unless it was possible and attainable. The Bible is full of words that speak about change. Repentance, metamorphosis, transformation, conversion, resurrection, rebirth, renewal, regeneration, healing and transfiguration.

Jesus taught everyone how to become the best version of themselves. Being perfect does not mean doing perfect things. It means to BE perfect. To exist perfectly. So when one makes mistakes - which we all will - we should be truthful to ourselves about ourselves. That's how we exist perfectly.
A life in Christ does not mean living G-d's will under our own steam, but by submitting ourselves to His power and allowing Him to use us as He sees fit.

Hello? “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Ding, that passage doesn't help your position, it actually shows that salvation is not about works. It says right there in the passage (I'll bold it) "did we not....do many mighty works in your name?" But they didn't know God.

I understand that for many well-meaning people this is a tough pill to swallow, but the bible is very clear that when it comes to salvation, it's not merely about "being a good person." Why? Because whose standard are we going by? The only standard that matters is God's, and God's standard is perfection. And since no one can meet that standard, no one can do it on their own, we all need salvation, and that is by God's grace, through faith. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that good works don't matter, they absolutely do, but they are not how one gets saved. That is putting the cart before the horse.

Ding, that passage doesn't help your position, it actually shows that salvation is not about works. It says right there in the passage (I'll bold it) "did we not....do many mighty works in your name?" But they didn't know God.

I understand that for many well-meaning people this is a tough pill to swallow, but the bible is very clear that when it comes to salvation, it's not merely about "being a good person." Why? Because whose standard are we going by? The only standard that matters is God's, and God's standard is perfection. And since no one can meet that standard, no one can do it on their own, we all need salvation, and that is by God's grace, through faith. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that good works don't matter, they absolutely do, but they are not how one gets saved. That is putting the cart before the horse.
Actually I believe it shows the error in making assumptions that one knows their fate.

they are not how one gets saved
The word saved gets thrown around a lot. Saved from what? Hell? I believe people who focus on heaven and hell at the exclusion of the journey are missing the point. The point isn't the destination. The point is the journey. I'm saved now from myself but that doesn't guarantee anything. I can either be moving towards God in my walk or away from God or be static in my walk. So from that perspective good works don't mean anything because it's always about the present. But if someone must worry about the destination, I think it's better to worry for your soul every day than to wrap oneself in complacency. It has been said that God is spirit and anyone who worships God must worship God in spirit and truth. To me that means being objective about myself. I'm going to fuck up, but as long as I am objective about myself I will eventually acknowledge my fuck ups, learn from them and hopefully make better decisions in the future that keep me moving towards God.

People also throw around the word faith a lot. But you never actually hear anyone say what that means. Faith is having complete trust in something or someone. I never put complete trust in something or someone without a good reason. I have complete trust in God that good comes from bad. I have good reason to believe that because that is what I see. So it is my faith in God that good comes from bad that gives me peace through the storm. That is the power of faith.

Actually I believe it shows the error in making assumptions that one knows their fate.

While it's true that some people will think they are saved but aren't... if what you're extrapolating from the passage is that no one knows their fate and that it's wrong to think we know, I respectfully disagree with your take on it. God wants us to have assurance, there are a number of scriptures that back that up.

Also, when one gets saved, as someone else mentioned, there is transformation in that person's life. You become a new creation, literally. Everything becomes new, one's priorities, one's interests, one's entire perspective on life and everything. There are other ways to know as well, but the bottom line is, it's not a good thing to be unsure of one's eternal destiny. In fact, that mindset leads to all sorts of problems... but since we're already off topic, I don't want to get too into all of that on this thread.

Last edited:
While it's true that some people will think they are saved but aren't... if what you're extrapolating from the passage is that no one knows their fate and that it's wrong to think we know, I respectfully disagree with your take on it. God wants us to have assurance, there are a number of scriptures that back that up.

Also, when one gets saved, as someone else mentioned, there is transformation in that person's life. We become a new creation, literally. Everything becomes new, one's priorities, one's interests, one's entire perspective on life and everything. There are other ways to know as well, but the bottom line is, it's not a good thing to be unsure of one's eternal destiny. In fact, that mindset leads to all sorts of problems... but since we're already off topic, I don't want to get too into all of that on this thread.
Amen. One such example of G-d's transformative power is David Berkowicz, the notorious "Son of Sam" killer. If you read about his spiritual encounter with Christ, then you know he is real.

Amen. One such example of G-d's transformative power is David Berkowicz, the notorious "Son of Sam" killer. If you read about his spiritual encounter with Christ, then you know he is real.

Just out of curiosity, did you come from a Christian background? The reason I ask is because of how you spell God, usually people from a Jewish background spell it that way.

For you were (not) slaves in Egypt: The ancient memories behind the Exodus myth this is an interesting article about the historicity of the Passover. I can't cut and paste from my tablet, but would welcome some help.
No More Factual Than the Other Tribal Myths, Such As the Iliad

Jews are not Semites. But they were enslaved by Arab tribes and forced to speak that language and forget their own (like the Irish). Moses freed them from that. All the rest, such as the Angel of Death passing over their families, reflects some kind of true event. That was a killer-virus that they were immune to and the Arabs weren't. Maybe Moses was just a doctor who found an antidote and wouldn't tell his Masters about it.

No More Factual Than the Other Tribal Myths, Such As the Iliad

Jews are not Semites. But they were enslaved by Arab tribes and forced to speak that language and forget their own (like the Irish). Moses freed them from that. All the rest, such as the Angel of Death passing over their families, reflects some kind of true event. That was a killer-virus that they were immune to and the Arabs weren't. Maybe Moses was just a doctor who found an antidote and wouldn't tell his Masters about it.

Egyptians weren't Arabs. The earlier story is about the physician Sinuhe.

I am a member of JPFO, Jewish People for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership.
I am not Jewish and you don't need to be Jewish to join.
The vast number of the world's Jews join the liberal globalists in trying to suppress 2nd Amendment rights. Most but not all. In fact, JPFO uses the argument that Jews being armed could have prevented the Holocaust, or at least lessened it's severity....and could also prevent more run-of-the-mill hate crimes. I'm down with that and support the idea 100%.

So he died conditionally for sin? You do realize that everyone who has ever sinned is the author of Christ's death, right?
Jesus Was the First Protestant

The Crucifixion wasn't atonement. Like Jan Hus, Christ was executed for criticizing the church hierarchy, the Jewish high priests. Of course, when the Christian Church became the same type of tyranny and betrayal, they made up the atonement story and blamed the Jewish laity.

For you were (not) slaves in Egypt: The ancient memories behind the Exodus myth this is an interesting article about the historicity of the Passover. I can't cut and paste from my tablet, but would welcome some help.
No one alive today was ever a slave, retard! That includes Jews, blacks, muzzles and everyone else. Actually that maybe factually incorrect, because according to my understanding slavery is still practiced in certain corners of the world. But that’s besides the point. The point is I don’t know much, but I know you’re a remarkable idiot, and nothing you post has any value whatsoever.

Forum List

Back