Your boobs are too big, NO SCHOOL for you!

What if now she will develop anorexia as a result? Like the Carpenter woman in the 1940's? And what if the teacher will end up in hell for making her feel like that?

She needs to lose some weight. 17 years old and already looking like a Wal Mart whale. By the way, it's amazing how many teenagers look like that these days. Seems like easily over 50% of them are fat little shits. What the hell are they eating?
I thought lefties told us fat shaming was cruel, evil and a conservative thing.

Lefties lost the election....we are no longer PC

We can now call fat women ...Miss Piggy

We've always asserted that bigotry and bullying is a lefty thing. And we were right.

If they kicked every fat kid out there would be none left

This is the unfortunate truth. This younger generation is absolutely fucked.

She needs to lose some weight. 17 years old and already looking like a Wal Mart whale. By the way, it's amazing how many teenagers look like that these days. Seems like easily over 50% of them are fat little shits. What the hell are they eating?

That's your take, she looks "like a Wal Mart whale"?

Yes. Did you watch the video? Who cares that she was singled out by her teacher, the more important issue here is why are our young kids so goddamn fat at such an early age? If she's this big at 17, she's screwed for life. She is already a candidate for diabetes and metabolic disorder and heart issues ALREADY. This is a serious epidemic in this country...not whether or not she should be able to try to squeeze her body into jeans that are 4 sizes to small for her.

I saw the pictures and the short video. She's a chunky girl, but caller her a whale is silly, as is saying she's "screwed for life."

Weight is certainly an issue in the US, but you are exaggerating the girl's weight and dismissing the possible inappropriate behavior by the teacher.

No, it isn't "silly." And I'm not exaggerating either, you're just so used to seeing so many fat people that it's starting to become normal. Chunky is an understatement, she's easily in the overweight category on the BMI index, bordering on obese. And when you have a weight problem as a young teenager (she's probably been big for some time) it does actually have long term affects, and the odds of struggling with weight for the duration of their life increase substantially. The earlier and younger you get fat, the higher the likelihood that they'll have weight issues for their entire life.

It is silly, and you are exaggerating, when you describe her as a "whale." That indicates an enormously fat person, which she is not.

You also seem more concerned with the girl's weight than any possible misconduct by the teacher.

What if now she will develop anorexia as a result? Like the Carpenter woman in the 1940's? And what if the teacher will end up in hell for making her feel like that?
Karen Carpenter in the 1940s???

Yes. Did you watch the video? Who cares that she was singled out by her teacher, the more important issue here is why are our young kids so goddamn fat at such an early age? If she's this big at 17, she's screwed for life. She is already a candidate for diabetes and metabolic disorder and heart issues ALREADY. This is a serious epidemic in this country...not whether or not she should be able to try to squeeze her body into jeans that are 4 sizes to small for her.

I saw the pictures and the short video. She's a chunky girl, but caller her a whale is silly, as is saying she's "screwed for life."

Weight is certainly an issue in the US, but you are exaggerating the girl's weight and dismissing the possible inappropriate behavior by the teacher.

No, it isn't "silly." And I'm not exaggerating either, you're just so used to seeing so many fat people that it's starting to become normal. Chunky is an understatement, she's easily in the overweight category on the BMI index, bordering on obese. And when you have a weight problem as a young teenager (she's probably been big for some time) it does actually have long term affects, and the odds of struggling with weight for the duration of their life increase substantially. The earlier and younger you get fat, the higher the likelihood that they'll have weight issues for their entire life.

It is silly, and you are exaggerating, when you describe her as a "whale." That indicates an enormously fat person, which she is not.

You also seem more concerned with the girl's weight than any possible misconduct by the teacher.
Misogyny.

I thought lefties told us fat shaming was cruel, evil and a conservative thing.

It's more like "tough love." The millennial generation and their refusal to criticize anything and how they've managed to reframe any sort of criticism -- even constructive criticism -- as "shaming" or "hate" is more of a generational thing, and not a liberal thing.

Correct. I am not concerned with any "misconduct" by the teacher. Read post #23 and get the full picture.

She is 100% enormously fat for her age. That's not an opinion, that's a medical fact.

No, really.

This is an actual news story. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by idiocy anymore, but this one go my attention...

Actual sweater worn by student pictured below

And yes, I would seriously consider suing the school district if this happened to my kid & I am fundamentally against frivolous lawsuits

teacher must hate "fat kids" (this girl is not thin, but not grossly overweight either - would not call her "plus sized")

Attorney: 'Busty' teen kicked out of class for wearing this outfit

quote:
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — A Joplin High School teacher told a student that she was too "busty" and kicked her out of class for a dress code violation, according to an attorney who represents the teen.

Kelsey Anderson, 17, was wearing a long-sleeved maroon top and blue jeans on Friday when the teacher told Anderson that "plus-size women" need to shop at stores that sell plus-size clothes, according to a news release from attorney Elizabeth Turner.

63339496.jpg

The TEACHER should be tossed for noticing and making a Federal case out of fashion commentary. .

Karen Carpenter in the 1940s???

I don't know, I think I saw it on one of those historic things, but I admit no clue. It said she heard some radio commentator calling her fat after mixing her up with some fatso, then she immediately adapted that sound bite as her self identity, leading to prompt anorexia and death.b what if this girl will end up the same way, thanks to that teacher? Scary.

, the more important issue here is why are our young kids so goddamn fat at such an early age?
I have to agree with this

however, the girl in question is overweight; but I would not call her obese; nor would I call her a "Wa Mart whale"

but I agree that she is overweight

I have to agree with this

however, the girl in question is overweight; but I would not call her obese; nor would I call her a "Wa Mart whale"

but I agree that she is overweight
So what's the point? Why does the left feel the need to tell us "she's overweight"?

Another PIG liberal teacher using the full weight of the laws against the children she would teach rather than looking out for their well-being and education. I'm only surprised the school hasn't taken the girl to court giving her family a list of approved stores they are allowed to shop in for clothes and a school contact where they can get each outfit approved prior to class!

I have not read further than these quotes

but here is some reality

1st - it is more likely that this teacher is an older & more conservative "prude" than it is that she is a hard core leftist

it's also probable that the teacher is flat chested...

someone else mentioned that the kid probably did not have the sweater laced at the top; this is probably true

I found her pants to be more problematic than her top (way too tight); but my thought on that is that it COULD be a money issue

some kids have to wear last year's clothes until mom and dad can make it to a good consignment sale or go buy new clothes (1st thing my wife said this afternoon - at her school; they DO take into account a family's financial situation when they evaluate dress code violations)

lastly - mom looks pretty thin; so the daughter may well not have shed all of her "baby fat"

I think the teacher was over aggressive in enforcing the dress code

but that is not my real problem

my real problems are this:

1 - she called her out in front of the class. basically told her that she needed to be shopping at the BIG girl store
2 - the principle was very short sighted in refusing the request to move this kid to another class

IF this story checks out; heads will roll. the teacher & the principle are both in jeopardy here, and rightfully so

When there are news like this OP it means it's a quiet day in news. :rolleyes-41:

No terrorism news, no bad economic news, no hurricanes.......:dunno:

Just a tight sweater and a part of the anatomy.

*yawn*

We've always asserted that bigotry and bullying is a lefty thing. And we were right.

it is absolutely more prevalent from the left than from the right today (and has been for a few decades at least)

but as I said before, it is more likely that the teacher is a conservative prude than a leftist based on this story...

Forum List

Back