Your Extinction.

It's one way. It's not the only way. And although the technology is established, the permitting and impact studies have made the time to put each plant online prohibitive. Switching the whole planet to pure nuclear would take longer than other routes. It simply needs to be part of the mix.
If the world is gonna end, maybe they could speed up the permit process? Hmm, unless the world really isn't ending?

It's one way. It's not the only way. And although the technology is established, the permitting and impact studies have made the time to put each plant online prohibitive. Switching the whole planet to pure nuclear would take longer than other routes. It simply needs to be part of the mix.

And although the technology is established, the permitting and impact studies have made the time to put each plant online prohibitive.

Liberals, "We need more studies, more permits, more planning".

Also, liberals, "We can't use nuclear, the planning, studies and permits take too long. And it's too expensive, because of all the planning, studies and permit delays"

Switching the whole planet to pure nuclear would take longer than other routes.

Unless we approved a standard design and eliminated all the green delays.

"The world is gonna end in a hundred years"

"Let's build some nuclear reactors"

"We can't, the spent fuel is dangerous for thousands of years"

DURR
Please don't say "DURR".

Surely spent fuel contains more desirable stuff than uranium ore. Why can't they just throw it back into the refining process?

Please don't say "DURR".

Surely spent fuel contains more desirable stuff than uranium ore. Why can't they just throw it back into the refining process?

Please don't say "DURR".

Why not?

Why can't they just throw it back into the refining process?

Some of the other fission products are much more radioactive.
Some are neutron poisons. Some are a pain in the ass to remove.

Please don't say "DURR".

Why not?

Why can't they just throw it back into the refining process?

Some of the other fission products are much more radioactive.
Some are neutron poisons. Some are a pain in the ass to remove.
Fission takes place naturally in uranium ore. All those undesirable must be present in the ore. Isn't separating the desirables from the undesirables what the refining process is meant to do?

Last edited:
Fission takes place naturally in uranium ore. All those undesirable must be present in the ore. Isn't separating the desirables from the undesirables what the refining process is meant to do?

All those undesirable must be present in the ore.

Not in noticeable amounts.

For the old obsolete light water reactors

Smaller Thorium reactors do not have to be built on site can can be built in a factory and shipped by rail. They don't require huge concrete and steel containment domes because they don't run at high pressure, they don't need to be built near large bodies of water they can be installed in series which will provide redundancy and allow regular maintenance to be performed without interruption in power generation.

And they can use the nuclear waste we already have an abundance of for fuel.
I'm not familiar with them but that all sounds good. Have any ever received utility licensing?

I'm not familiar with them but that all sounds good. Have any ever received utility licensing?
Not in the US but Oak Ridge Labs ran one for a long time before the program was shut down.

The problem is that Congress still thinks a crappy jane Fonda movie from the 70's is actually a true story and won't OK any more serious nuclear power programs

How much power from a power plant do you use.

Plenty. And every time I flip on a light switch, it works perfectly.
Now do the same with your stupid solar panels.

There are plenty of houses that run on solar panels. It is a proven technology.

I've seen those graphs for decades....Yet nobody in the super wealthy coastal areas has been liquidating their costly real estate for pennies on the dollar.

IDGAF what "the experts" say, I watch what people who have their lives and fortunes on the line do.

You should stop following the herd and start doing what is right. If necessary, start with baby steps.

Electrical storage isn't feasible right now. If you think it is, provide a link.

Providing a link to the stupid. I wonder what good that would do. Probably not much. So look it up for yourself. Just type in these words into your google browser. I'm sure you will find much. "Storing energy from solar panels."

The sun shines on you every day. How much does it cost you. Moron.

How much do the solar panels cost. Moron.

Or are you a plant?

Based on your idiotic posts that might just be a possibility!

Providing a link to the stupid. I wonder what good that would do. Probably not much. So look it up for yourself. Just type in these words into your google browser. I'm sure you will find much. "Storing energy from solar panels."
I have . And it is NOT FEASIBLE. Unless you have a link that proves me wrong.

Forum List

Back