Your Extinction.

Because they don't give a shit. There are people out there who actually want extinction to happen. They see it as a solution. That aside, nuclear power is too expensive and dangerous.

Here in Illinois, nuclear power has given us cheap, reliable electricity for decades.

With zero deaths. Weird.

There would still need to be power lines. To transmit power from areas where the sun is shining to areas where it might be cloudy. But even on a cloudy day, your house wouldn't need to be taking in quite so much electricity. Because the solar panels would still be creating some.

There would still need to be power lines. To transmit power from areas where the sun is shining to areas where it might be cloudy.

There are no power lines long enough to transmit solar generated electricity to Chicago at midnight.

It is feasible and doable. Batteries are just one way of storing excess energy from solar panels. The most practical way is in storage batteries at your house. It is part of the total solar panel package that you can buy. On a large scale, there is storing the excess energy in the way of heat. Which at night can create steam to power turbines. I have also heard of using electricity to speed up perfectly balanced yet massive disks. Which in turn can create electricity when the sun isn't shining. Then there is Elon Musk doing things like this.

Elon Musk's New Battery Farm in Australia - 300-Megawatt Battery
If money is no object...

Because they don't give a shit. There are people out there who actually want extinction to happen. They see it as a solution. That aside, nuclear power is too expensive and dangerous.
The people that want extinction to happen, would have to be in charge. And there would be so few as to make a difference.

The people that want extinction to happen, would have to be in charge. And there would be so few as to make a difference.
I'll bet you its actually been less dangerous - is responsible for less human harm - than the coal and gas plants it replaced.

There would still need to be power lines. To transmit power from areas where the sun is shining to areas where it might be cloudy. But even on a cloudy day, your house wouldn't need to be taking in quite so much electricity. Because the solar panels would still be creating some.

Really and you think the sun is shining somewhere in the US 24 hours a day?

And like I said solar panels will never be more than a supplemental power source. We still need baseline power and nuclear is the best way to generate that

And like I said solar panels will never be more than a supplemental power source. We still need baseline power and nuclear is the best way to generate that

He's not dimensional, he's delusional.

1) It's not true at all, nitwit.

2) Two accidents, -one because of an unforeseeable natural catastrophe, the other from rank negligence- out of how many hundred nuke plants around the world?

3) You're an hysterical crackpot.

1. You are one of the ones that is going to cause it to happen. Do you care? Apparently not. Therefore you must want it to happen.

2. There have been other nuclear accidents other than the ones I mentioned. They just happened to be the worst. Also, things may not go bad often. But when they do, all the money in the world can fix them. Then there are solar panels. It would take an extremely small fraction of all the money in the world to go completely with solar panels. Not only is it clean and reliable, but it could help save the world from extinction.

3. You're a brain dead crackpot.

It is feasible and doable. Batteries are just one way of storing excess energy from solar panels. The most practical way is in storage batteries at your house.

That is an excellent idea!!

What is the total cost of your solar panels, including installation?

How much more for the storage batteries?

What is your monthly savings?

What will the cost of planetary extinction be. Oh, spending who knows how many trillions on absolutely pointless wars, from WW I on, that's ok to you. Talk about spending one or possibly two trillion to completely do away with fossil fuels, and morons like you flip the fuck out.

Stop being such an asswipe. Solar panels create enough electricity to be used during the day and night. All you need to do is store the excess electricity. And there are a number of ways to do that. Try reading my thread again. And look at the picture of the U.S. that shows the total area of solar panels it would take to do just that. That means ALL the electricity we would need. Maybe more than enough. Also, I don't know the exact figure on this next part. But there is probably enough solar radiation that hits the U.S. in one hour that it would take to power the U.S. for an entire year.

There would still need to be power lines. To transmit power from areas where the sun is shining to areas where it might be cloudy.

There are no power lines long enough to transmit solar generated electricity to Chicago at midnight.

Stop being a fuckface. You don't need to transmit electricity from the hemisphere of the Earth that is seeing sunlight to the dark side.

If money is no object...

Is the extinction of most of the life on Earth an object? Also, you don't need to rely on just batteries. As I said, there are other ways of storing excess energy. Another thing is that if it was monetarily unfeasible, Elon Musk wouldn't be wasting his money. His intelligence has made him a multibillionaire. You are nothing compared to him. So tell me more Mr Nothing.

They are in charge. They also tell you what to think. And you obediently believe it. Neither does it take many of those in charge to have things done their way.

What will the cost of planetary extinction be. Oh, spending who knows how many trillions on absolutely pointless wars, from WW I on, that's ok to you. Talk about spending one or possibly two trillion to completely do away with fossil fuels, and morons like you flip the fuck out.

What will the cost of planetary extinction be.

Imaginary extinction is much cheaper than getting every home battery backup for their stupid solar.

Talk about spending one or possibly two trillion to completely do away with fossil fuels,

Is that all? Awesome! Now show your math.

Forum List

Back