Your Extinction.

Sorry, they why do you have to BELIEVE that CO2 raises temperature at these low, low, low, low levels?

Is 32 Beeeeelllllllion supposed to be a big and scary number? What's the weight of Earth's atmosphere? Any guesses?

5.5 Quadrillion tons

Allow me to suggest some pertinent questions:

What is the weight of all the CO2 in the atmosphere?

What is the weight of all the CO2 emitted by humans since 1850?

1.730 solar farm going up right down the road from me. Was in todays paper.

That's good. But if they wanted to, they could kill two birds with one stone. By making those solar panels movable. Because from what I have heard, it is common practice for farmers to let one of their fields go fallow. So the soil can regenerate itself. Maybe for a couple of seasons. If they could move those solar panels to fields that they don't intend to plant, that would be a good thing.

As I said and you ignored, what is going on right now has never happened in the history of the Earth.

You said it was hotter in the past. We know there was more CO2 in the past.
Maybe you meant to say "has happened many times in the past" instead of "never happened"?

With the earth being hotter, it would be much more difficult to get methane to accumulate.

It was hotter. All the permafrost melted. The methane clathrates released.
Why didn't it get so hot that everything died?

3 and 4. I've found the links. It's easy to do.

Post them. It's easy to do.

1. Did you not look at the graph I posted? By the end of the Tertiary period, the Earth's temperature and CO2 levels had dropped pretty low. Probably because we went into an era of a glaciation cycles. At no point before then in the Earth's history had that happened.

2. Before then, it was hotter. There was no permafrost to melt. Though I have heard speculation that at least one time in the past, the Earth completely froze over.

3. You ignore anything I say. If I spent time looking up those links for you and posted them, it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference. You might enjoy having me waste my time. But I think I would rather disappoint you in that regard.

Sorry, they why do you have to BELIEVE that CO2 raises temperature at these low, low, low, low levels?

Is 32 Beeeeelllllllion supposed to be a big and scary number? What's the weight of Earth's atmosphere? Any guesses?

5.5 Quadrillion tons

At the start of this thread, I posted many graphs. What is going on now is being caused by humans. So apparently, what humans are doing makes a difference.

1. Did you not look at the graph I posted? By the end of the Tertiary period, the Earth's temperature and CO2 levels had dropped pretty low. Probably because we went into an era of a glaciation cycles. At no point before then in the Earth's history had that happened.

2. Before then, it was hotter. There was no permafrost to melt. Though I have heard speculation that at least one time in the past, the Earth completely froze over.

3. You ignore anything I say. If I spent time looking up those links for you and posted them, it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference. You might enjoy having me waste my time. But I think I would rather disappoint you in that regard.

You ignore anything I say.

Where did I ignore your idiocy?

If I spent time looking up those links for you and posted them, it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference.

It would make a difference. I'd know you were repeating idiocy instead of inventing idiocy.

You ignore anything I say.

Where did I ignore your idiocy?

If I spent time looking up those links for you and posted them, it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference.

It would make a difference. I'd know you were repeating idiocy instead of inventing idiocy.

Human caused global warming is a reality. Disagreeing with the facts is as good as ignoring them.

I said we should build a lot more nuclear reactors, to save us.

Why do you want us all to die?

Do you even know anything about nuclear reactors? They are highly complex machines. And extremely dangerous. Solar panels are much safer and easier to make. Also, there is the melting core at Chernobyl that they call "The elephant's foot." (Yes, it is still melting) I have heard that it is expected to remain dangerous for about the next 4.5 billion years.

Do you even know anything about nuclear reactors? They are highly complex machines. And extremely dangerous. Solar panels are much safer and easier to make. Also, there is the melting core at Chernobyl that they call "The elephant's foot." (Yes, it is still melting) I have heard that it is expected to remain dangerous for about the next 4.5 billion years.

Do you even know anything about nuclear reactors?

I know that they provide reliable power without releasing CO2.
If liberals truly cared about that, they'd be huge nuclear supporters.

Solar panels are much safer and easier to make

Ok. But we can't run our economy on a few hours of electricity a day.

Also, there is the melting core at Chernobyl

Commie idiocy wasn't limited to economics.

(Yes, it is still melting)

It solidified decades ago.

I have heard that it is expected to remain dangerous for about the next 4.5 billion years.

Whoever told you that is a moron.

Do you even know anything about nuclear reactors?

I know that they provide reliable power without releasing CO2.
If liberals truly cared about that, they'd be huge nuclear supporters.

Solar panels are much safer and easier to make

Ok. But we can't run our economy on a few hours of electricity a day.

Also, there is the melting core at Chernobyl

Commie idiocy wasn't limited to economics.

(Yes, it is still melting)

It solidified decades ago.

I have heard that it is expected to remain dangerous for about the next 4.5 billion years.

Whoever told you that is a moron.

1. If nuclear reactors were all what you think they are, the world would be being powered by them.
2. We could power the entire planet with solar panels. Both day and night.
3. science.howstuffworks.com › chernobyl-elephantsChernobyl's Elephant's Foot Is a Toxic Mass of Corium
4. As for the 4.5 billion year thing, it is something I read somewhere. But I can't find it again. From what I have found, they say that it will remain dangerous for the next 100,000 years.

1. If nuclear reactors were all what you think they are, the world would be being powered by them.
2. We could power the entire planet with solar panels. Both day and night.
3. science.howstuffworks.com › chernobyl-elephantsChernobyl's Elephant's Foot Is a Toxic Mass of Corium
4. As for the 4.5 billion year thing, it is something I read somewhere. But I can't find it again. From what I have found, they say that it will remain dangerous for the next 100,000 years.

If nuclear reactors were all what you think they are, the world would be being powered by them.

If leftists weren't such whiny twats, it would be.

We could power the entire planet with solar panels. Both day and night

You're funny!

Corium? Where did it say it was still melting?

As for the 4.5 billion year thing, it is something I read somewhere.

You read a lot of fantasy.

they say that it will remain dangerous for the next 100,000 years.

A different "they" than the 4.5 billion year "they"?

If nuclear reactors were all what you think they are, the world would be being powered by them.

If leftists weren't such whiny twats, it would be.

We could power the entire planet with solar panels. Both day and night

You're funny!

Corium? Where did it say it was still melting?

As for the 4.5 billion year thing, it is something I read somewhere.

You read a lot of fantasy.

they say that it will remain dangerous for the next 100,000 years.

A different "they" than the 4.5 billion year "they"?

1. That isn't the reason why they aren't widely used. One of the reasons is that nobody wants nuclear waste stored in their state.
2. You're not funny. Your dislike of solar panels is sad. Also, it says somewhere in that article that the elephant's foot is still melting. Not to the degree that it was. But it is still doing so.
3 and 4. From what I have read, much lead is just decayed uranium. Who knows how many millions of years it takes for that to happen. But any uranium, plutonium or whatever is in the elephant's foot is probably something that wouldn't be safe to be around for millions of years.

1. That isn't the reason why they aren't widely used. One of the reasons is that nobody wants nuclear waste stored in their state.
2. You're not funny. Your dislike of solar panels is sad. Also, it says somewhere in that article that the elephant's foot is still melting. Not to the degree that it was. But it is still doing so.
3 and 4. From what I have read, much lead is just decayed uranium. Who knows how many millions of years it takes for that to happen. But any uranium, plutonium or whatever is in the elephant's foot is probably something that wouldn't be safe to be around for millions of years.

That isn't the reason why they aren't widely used.

It pretty much is, in the US.

One of the reasons is that nobody wants nuclear waste stored in their state.

Illinois has a bunch of it stored here. AFAIK, hasn't killed anyone yet.

Your dislike of solar panels is sad.

They just aren't very useful when you need reliable power.

Also, it says somewhere in that article that the elephant's foot is still melting

But it's still melting down (and remains highly radioactive).
LOL! The author is a moron.

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJjb250ZW50Lmhzd3N0YXRpYy5jb20iLCJrZXkiOiJnaWZcL2VsZXBoYW50cy1mb290LmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjp7InJlc2l6ZSI6eyJ3aWR0aCI6ODI4fX19

Uranium melts at 2,070°F.
Add concrete, sand, control rods......it'd need to be much hotter.
The core was over 4000°F when it melted.
You think this guy ^ could be that close, with exposed skin if it was that hot now?

But any uranium, plutonium....wouldn't be safe to be around for millions of years

1682467661243.jpeg

OMG!!! LOL!

That isn't the reason why they aren't widely used.

It pretty much is, in the US.

One of the reasons is that nobody wants nuclear waste stored in their state.

Illinois has a bunch of it stored here. AFAIK, hasn't killed anyone yet.

Your dislike of solar panels is sad.

They just aren't very useful when you need reliable power.

Also, it says somewhere in that article that the elephant's foot is still melting

But it's still melting down (and remains highly radioactive).
LOL! The author is a moron.

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJjb250ZW50Lmhzd3N0YXRpYy5jb20iLCJrZXkiOiJnaWZcL2VsZXBoYW50cy1mb290LmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjp7InJlc2l6ZSI6eyJ3aWR0aCI6ODI4fX19

Uranium melts at 2,070°F.
Add concrete, sand, control rods......it'd need to be much hotter.
The core was over 4000°F when it melted.
You think this guy ^ could be that close, with exposed skin if it was that hot now?

But any uranium, plutonium....wouldn't be safe to be around for millions of years

View attachment 779662

OMG!!! LOL!

1. They aren't widely used in the U.S. because they suck ass.
2. If they have radioactive material stored in Illinois, it probably isn't a permanent storage site.
3. Solar panels are reliable. Anywhere where light is hitting them, they produce electricity. What isn't used at the moment gets stored. Storage is reliable in a number of ways.
4. You see what the surface of the elephant's foot looks like. It is probably far different inside the thing. Also, the author probably knows more about it than you. He also said that spending more than 5 minutes near the thing would kill you. So that person they show by it probably didn't stay long.
5. That person you show holding a slug of either uranium or plutonium is wearing protective gloves. Even then, I doubt if he handled it for long.

1. They aren't widely used in the U.S. because they suck ass.
2. If they have radioactive material stored in Illinois, it probably isn't a permanent storage site.
3. Solar panels are reliable. Anywhere where light is hitting them, they produce electricity. What isn't used at the moment gets stored. Storage is reliable in a number of ways.
4. You see what the surface of the elephant's foot looks like. It is probably far different inside the thing. Also, the author probably knows more about it than you. He also said that spending more than 5 minutes near the thing would kill you. So that person they show by it probably didn't stay long.
5. That person you show holding a slug of either uranium or plutonium is wearing protective gloves. Even then, I doubt if he handled it for long.

They aren't widely used in the U.S. because they suck ass.

They're awesome. Widely used in Illinois. Never killed nobody.
Currently about 18% of US electricity. Sucky solar is less than 4%

If they have radioactive material stored in Illinois, it probably isn't a permanent storage site.

If they do? Where else would it be?

Solar panels are reliable.

LOL! Let me know how much power they produce 4 hours from now.

Anywhere where light is hitting them, they produce electricity.

There's the rub. Anytime that light is not hitting them, they produce no electricity.
Even when we need a lot of electricity.

You see what the surface of the elephant's foot looks like.

And I see an uninsulated man standing a few feet away.
Because your claim was moronic.

He also said that spending more than 5 minutes near the thing would kill you.

It's radioactive as fuck!!! It's NOT "still melting".

That person you show holding a slug of either uranium or plutonium is wearing protective gloves.

So what? You said "wouldn't be safe to be around for millions of years" but it's
safe enough to hold with rubber gloves? LOL!

They aren't widely used in the U.S. because they suck ass.

They're awesome. Widely used in Illinois. Never killed nobody.
Currently about 18% of US electricity. Sucky solar is less than 4%

If they have radioactive material stored in Illinois, it probably isn't a permanent storage site.

If they do? Where else would it be?

Solar panels are reliable.

LOL! Let me know how much power they produce 4 hours from now.

Anywhere where light is hitting them, they produce electricity.

There's the rub. Anytime that light is not hitting them, they produce no electricity.
Even when we need a lot of electricity.

You see what the surface of the elephant's foot looks like.

And I see an uninsulated man standing a few feet away.
Because your claim was moronic.

He also said that spending more than 5 minutes near the thing would kill you.

It's radioactive as fuck!!! It's NOT "still melting".

That person you show holding a slug of either uranium or plutonium is wearing protective gloves.

So what? You said "wouldn't be safe to be around for millions of years" but it's
safe enough to hold with rubber gloves? LOL!

There is no point in going round and round on this matter. The point of this thread is your extinction. 100% of our electricity could be coming from nuclear power plants. It wouldn't change anything. People themselves cause pollution. And there are too many of them. I also saw something interesting today. In population, China and India are Number 1 and Number 2. If each country lowered their population by 1 billion people, they would still be number 1 and number 2 when it came to ranking countries by their population levels.

Forum List

Back