Your Favorite Things About Israel

Yes, exciting news. But what I found much more interesting was the article:

Druze Officer Appointed President Rivlin’s Military Secretary
By David Israel - 6 Nisan 5779 – April 11, 2019

(COMMENT)

This is one of those "spectacular things" I was talking about. And the Israelis probably don't realize it.

Most Respectfully,
R
I am not sure that the Israelis do not realize it. Maybe it is more common in Israel than many people usually think, to have non Jews in the government.

Arabs Are Prominent in Israel’s Government | National Review

Jewish Children Pray at the Western Wall in Jerusalem, Israel (Shutterstock).
Thus said Hashem: As for My wicked neighbors who encroach on the heritage that I gave to My people Yisrael—I am going to uproot them from their soil, and I will uproot the House of Yehuda out of the midst of them.
Jeremiah 12:14 (The Israel Bible™)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

KOH a-MAR a-do-NAI al kol sh’-khay-NAI ha-ra-EEM ha-no-g’-EEM ba-na-kha-LAH a-sher hin-KHAL-tee et a-MEE et yis-ra-AYL hi-n’-NEE no-t’-SHAM may-AL ad-ma-TAM v’-et BAYT y’-hu-DAH e-TOSH mi-to-KHAM

Are the Jews Occupying the Land of Israel?

Two women from China (whose faces cannot be shown due to fear of Chinese authorities) ask Rabbi Tuly how to respond to Chinese Christians who believe the Land of Israel belongs to the Palestinians. Watch Rabbi Tuly's explanation here.

image.jpeg

People ride horses along Palmachim beach, south of Tel Aviv, in Israel (Shutterstock).
The horse is readied for the day of battle, But victory comes from Hashem.
Proverbs 21:31 (The Israel Bible™)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

SUS mu-KHAN l’-YOM mil-kha-MAH v’-la-do-NAI ha-t’-shu-AH

But Victory is of the LORD

Throughout the Bible, horses are mentioned as animals of war. Here, King Shlomo is emphasizing an important lesson that is no less true today than it was when he said it centuries ago: Man prepares as much as possible, but ultimately, all victory and success comes only from Hashem.

Your Favorite Things About Israel
  1. It's not under Hadrian's naming convention anymore... Syria Palestina.
  2. And our worst enemies, the Philistines from Gaza... are no longer having their long dead name used as a tool against Israeli statehood.
  3. Both Ishmael & Moishe already agree on this salient 'historical fact'.
  4. So, whether the rest (who have their hands stuck into what is not their mess) don't like the results.

Fuck 'em.

Comedian Bill Burr Rips “Lunatic” Roger Waters

Comedian Bill Burr was recently interviewed by Israel’s Walla, ahead of his upcoming performance in Israel on May 6th. And when the subject of Roger Waters and his inevitable calls to boycott Israel came up, Bill did not hold back (translated from Hebrew):

You know you’re going to get a phone call from Roger Waters from Pink Floyd, who will urge you to join his cultural boycott against Israel and try to persuade you to cancel the show in Tel Aviv?

“I’m going to get a phone call from this guy, who does he think he is, fucking Bono, I do not care what he thinks … Fuck Roger Waters, I do not agree with what my country does in Iraq, but it does not make me a piece of shit. I come to Israel to perform for the country ‘s “Bill Burr”im, I’m appearing for the ordinary people of Israel, I’m not going to show up for this guy … What’ s his name, Netanyahu, I do not think preventing ordinary people from comedy or music is the way to make a change?”
That’s the answer your fans here were hoping to hear.

I just love the arrogance of these people, as if the former Pink Floyd bass player does not show up in Israel, it will finally make all sides sit at the negotiating table and resolve the conflict. Simply arrogant and classic. At least it makes me feel good for David Gilmore (Pink Floyd guitarist) that he does not have to suffer this lunatic anymore. “

Brutal and brilliant!

Comedian Bill Burr Rips 'Lunatic' Roger Waters

A dove flying from the Western Wall in Jerusalem, Israel (Shutterstock).
Say, therefore, ‘I grant him My pact of friendship.
Numbers 25:12 (The Israel Bible™)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

la-KHAYN e-MOR hin-NEE no-TAYN LO et b’-ree-TEE sha-LOM

Genuine Peace is Based on Truth and Justice

The zealot, Pinchas, sees immoral behavior among the camp of Israel, and immediately responds with an iron fist and a sharp spear. Ironically, Pinchas is rewarded for his violent action with Hashem’s “pact of friendship,” known in Hebrew as brit shalom ( ), literally ‘covenant of peace.’ With this striking detail, the Torah illustrates a vital lesson. Genuine peace is not merely the absence of conflict. Pinchas did not negotiate with the perpetrators and attempt to achieve a compromise solution. By standing up for his principles, Pinchas demonstrated that only when based on eternal principles of truth and justice can true peace be achieved. A person who internalizes this idea and acts accordingly is a true “friend” of God.

Forum List

Back