Your Favorite Things About Israel

Is this supposed to be good news? Just as we condemn Palestinian terror, so must we condemn these provocative actions that harm the peace process.
There has never been a peace process with the Palestinians, and there never will. They want the whole land.

Israel, for too long, stopped building hoping that the leaders would come to the table. They never will. They are in perpetual Hudna.

RE: Your Favorite Things About Israel
⁜→ ForeverYoung436, et al,

Well, I sometimes think that certain people object for any reason at all.

Is this supposed to be good news? Just as we condemn Palestinian terror, so must we condemn these provocative actions that harm the peace process.
(COMMENT)

Building homes is referred to as the acquisition of capital assets or fixed assets such as land, machinery, or buildings (ie homes and dwellings in the advancement of residential subdivisions). Don't you think that is a good thing?
The Article cited said:
The approvals come after Israel’s security cabinet last month approved a plan to grant 715 building permits to Palestinians in Israel-controlled areas in Judea and Samaria, despite decades of policy in which Israel has limited such allowances due to the ability of Arabs to build in Palestinian Authority-controlled areas instead.

◈ How can either side (especially the Palestinians ganted such permits) take issue?
◈ Are the Arab Palestinians opposed to their own capital investment?
◈ How does that development project damage the retarded peace process?​

I'm missing something here.

Now I would suggest that the Civil Administration’s High Planning Subcommittee invest

Pure Aqua Inc said:
[SOURCE LINK]
The cost of desalinated water, the majority of which is accounted for by plant capital costs and energy costs, is typically in the range of $0.5 to $3 per cubic meter of water (0.05-0.3 dollar cents per liter of water). The lower end of the scale corresponds to regions where electricity costs are low (e.g. the Middle East) and the higher end to regions where electricity costs are high (e.g. Australia, where electricity is sometimes mandated to be from renewable energy).
th

The more the Israelis can do to improve the Arab Palestinian human development, the better off everyone will be (even if the Arab Palestinians are ungrateful).

Most Respectfully,
R

Today is the Fast of the Ninth of Av

FEATURED PHOTO: The Kotel (Western Wall) is the last standing piece of the ancient Temple in Jerusalem (Shutterstock).
For these things do I weep, My eyes flow with tears:
Far from me is any comforter Who might revive my spirit;
My children are forlorn, For the foe has prevailed

Lamentations 1:16 (The Israel Bible™)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

al ay-LEH a-NEE vo-khi-YAH ay-NEE ay-NEE YO-r’-dah MA-yim kee ra-KHAK mi-ME-nee m’-na-KHAYM may-SHEEV naf-SHEE ha-YU va-NAI sho-may-MEEM KEE ga-VAR
o-YAYV

Today is the Tisha B'Av, a national day of mourning the atrocities that have been carried out against the Jewish People including the destruction of the Holy Temples in Jerusalem. The Book of Lamentations is read on Tisha B'Av. It is a very emotional book in which the prophet expresses feelings of intense loneliness, a sense of utter abandonment, desolation, desecration of that which was sacred, pain and suffering. Yet the book also contains elements of prayer, faith and hope.

Despite Arab rioting and clashes with Israeli police, 1,729 Jews visited the Temple Mount on Sunday.

Tisha b’Av, the ninth day of the Hebrew month of Av, which commemorates the destruction of the first and second Holy Temple in Jerusalem, fell on Sunday this year.

The number of visitors marking the occasion shows an increase of 20 percent since last year on Tisha b’Av, when 1,440 Jews visited the holy site.

(full article online)

Jewish Visits to Temple Mount on Tisha b’Av Up 20%

Ein Gedi- is a national park right across the street from The Dead Sea. It’s for those of you who like hiking and nature. Ein Gedi has a few waterfalls and natural pools of water, it’s a great place to go with the family or with friends. It makes for a good day trip, just pack some stuff for a picnic and go!

A Special Commandment

FEATURED PHOTO: Young adults pack food boxes for needy families (Shutterstock).

For there will never cease to be needy ones in your land, which is why I command you: open your hand to the poor and needy kinsman in your land
Deuteronomy 15:11 (The Israel Bible™)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

KEE lo yekh-DAL ev-YON mi-KE-rev ha-A-retz al KAYN a-no-KHEE m’-tza-v’-KHA
lay-MOR pa-TO-akh tif-TAKH at ya-d’-KHA l’-a-KHEE-kha la-a-nee-YE-kha
ul-ev-yo-n’-KHA b’-ar-TZE-kha

Who Is In, and Who Is Out?

FEATURED PHOTO: Hikers traverse the Kidron Valley (Shutterstock).

Hashem your God will dislodge those peoples before you little by little; you will not be able to put an end to them at once, else the wild beasts would multiply to your hurt
Deuteronomy 7:22 (The Israel Bible™)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

v’-na-SHAL a-do-NAI e-lo-HE-kha et ha-go-YIM ha-AYL mi-pa-NE-kha m’-AT m’-AT
LO tu-KHAL ka-lo-TAM ma-HAYR pen tir-BEH a-LE-kha kha-YAT ha-sa-DEH

God reassures the Children of Israel with a surprising promise regarding their entrance into the Land of Israel: “Hashem your God will dislodge those peoples before you little by little.” Would it not be more comforting to know that the period of conquest would be quick, as opposed to long and drawn out? How is this promise of a, protracted military campaign of comfort to the people? If all of the people of Canaan would have fled at one time, large portions of land would have been left unpopulated, allowing for dangerous, wild beasts to enter and roam the land. In order to prevent this from happening, the Israelites were told that they would capture the land in stages. The modern era has also seen the remarkable return of Jewish people to their land, and it has again happened in stages, “little by little.”

Forum List

Back