Your Honest Appraisal of Obama.

How would you Appraise Obama in Year 5 of HIs Presidency?

• Grafe A. He is Basically a Good Guy who Has Done a Good Job.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Grade B to C. He has been okay. Some things I like. Not Perfect...not Bad.

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • Grade D. He is a Debonair Con-man who has been mostly inept.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • Grade F. He is a Compulsive Liar and Cheat, who is incompetent and is Destroying America.

Votes: 62 63.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I give him a B+

His naivety is his biggest weakness. Thinking you could work with this congress is a playful notion but Obama neeeded to re-calibrate his message when he got re-elected. I thought he had shed the "Audacity of Hope" mantra and saw these clowns in the House for what they really are but he was soon back to trying to buddy up to them.

Every now and then, the leader of any organization, team, group, fraternity, Boy Scout troop, soccer team, bacherorette party, nation, political party, union, hospital, department etc... has to throw an elbow and shock some people with an aggressive move.

It's like if Sasha and Mailia won't clean up their room. You punish them. The next time it happens, what would take place (at least with my cousins it did) was that one would clean up for the other; Jan cleaned up for Dean let's say (not their real names). Their father saw this and marched Dean into the room, emptied every drawer of clothing onto the floor and stood there as Dean folded them and put them back neatly.

You act irrationally to demonstrate a point. I truly think Obama doesn't understand that. I doubt he ever will.

The blinders you wear are quite amazing, Candy.

Barack Obama started off with a Democratically controlled House and Senate. He used that to give us the Obama Stimulus (which failed to create jobs so badly that they had to invent a new unemployment statistic...job created or saved to hide how bad it was!) and the Affordable Care Act which is now beginning it's role out and it's a complete disaster.

Does the GOP controlled House loath Barack Obama? Heck yeah, they do! That's what happens when you kick an opponent when they are down. If they make it back to their feet you shouldn't expect them to give you a hug. They are going to be PISSED!

The ACA actually began about 2 years ago and people took advantage...including my assistant. It's hardly a disaster. The roll out of the enrollment was a disaster that highlighted his lie about keeping your insurance; period.

As for the loathsomeness of Obama..this is my point. He still thinks he can work with these clowns. I could have told him in 2010 that it was a waste of time.

I give him a B+

He was cryogenically frozen in 2009, and just woke up for this poll? Sure. Obamas self assessment still holds.

Ok....how about approval ratings.

rcpaverage11-15.jpg

Let me know when they start thowing footwear at him. #Bush's27%

I give him a B+

His naivety is his biggest weakness. Thinking you could work with this congress is a playful notion but Obama neeeded to re-calibrate his message when he got re-elected. I thought he had shed the "Audacity of Hope" mantra and saw these clowns in the House for what they really are but he was soon back to trying to buddy up to them.

Every now and then, the leader of any organization, team, group, fraternity, Boy Scout troop, soccer team, bacherorette party, nation, political party, union, hospital, department etc... has to throw an elbow and shock some people with an aggressive move.

It's like if Sasha and Mailia won't clean up their room. You punish them. The next time it happens, what would take place (at least with my cousins it did) was that one would clean up for the other; Jan cleaned up for Dean let's say (not their real names). Their father saw this and marched Dean into the room, emptied every drawer of clothing onto the floor and stood there as Dean folded them and put them back neatly.

You act irrationally to demonstrate a point. I truly think Obama doesn't understand that. I doubt he ever will.

I think it's cool you gave your opinion, but I do think the poster's point above is interesting. Every Dem seems to forget Obama walked in to a completely Democrat controlled Congress. Somehow that memory has gotten wiped from the collective Democrat database. Wonder why?

I guess it is easier to blame the mean Republican scary man than take responsibility for a leader that cannot lead.

I used to do contract negotiation. You don't continually insult the people you are trying to negotiate with. You don't ram contract terms down their throats just because you can. If you do, the other party will never honor the agreement anyway, and will actively work to undermine or terminate the agreement. It is pretty basic stuff.

Clinton worked quite effectively with an opposition Congress. So did Reagan. Even Bush did to a degree. Why is Obama so different? If a Democrat could honestly answer that question you might have a breakthrough.

So when noone in the GOP joins the DNC on healthcare reform; it's 100% the President's fault? Ahh...

Good to see we're no longer a nation of laws and we have endorsements of "undermining" laws now.

But that's all the Democrat's fault I'm sure.

Really, care to elaborate on that premise? Explain to me how his policies and regulatory changes have stabilized the business climate and allowed businesses to make accurate long range forecast, which would allow them to hire and expand with confidence. Hell companies don't even know what maobamacare means because the rules keep changing. maobama has been very good at keeping the heel of government on the throat of business and thus on the economy as a whole and it's not being done by accident. You're the fool if you believe it is.

I obviously can't speak for g5000, but I think his point is not that what Obama has done is successful, but that the intent behind it isn't the destruction of the country.

There is a difference between having bad ideas about governance and wanting to destroy the nation.

Riddle me this there Batman, if you think a system is generally good and just needs a few tweaks here and there why would you set out to fundamentally change it?

What does that have to do with my post?

There is still a difference between fundamentally changing a country and destroying it.

He gets an F. He ignores the Constitution, picks and chooses which laws to enforce, dictates legislation, changes legislation after it's been passed and signed into law. He plays judge, jury, and executioner. He is a narcissistic tyrant and no different than other tyrants throughout history. I have no doubt he would order the killing of his political opponents if he thought he could get away with it.

This is simply a hyper-partisan rant that could apply to virtually every U.S. president ever elected--except, perhaps, President Carter.

Funny how some things never change, innit.

Can't grade him based on the rhetoric following the letter.

Also, I have no desire to leap into a lion's den at this point in time.

Same here. The rhetoric is too emotional.

I believe that Obama seriously miscalculated the degree of resistance he would face from Republicans and right wingers. He advanced in his career with the protection of institutions, colleagues, and social acceptance. He was unprepared for the "real world" of America outside of liberal cities and universities.

He is similar to many other "successful" Americans--their success often comes because they were helped by other connected individuals. He was wrong when he assumed that the world was similar to his peers. In modern politics, negotiation no longer works.

he was not ready for this job....and he has been in over his head just about the whole time and he has very weak leadership skills....something that is desperately needed right now ....leadership......and the people around him are not that great either.....

Last edited:
No one option is an accurate assessment of Obama, in my opinion. Maybe a mix of A-D. I believe every president goes into office with the best of intentions. Every president truly believes his policies will be best for America. No president wants to go down in history as the man who "destroyed America". To truly believe that is plain idiocy.

Only time will tell what legacy he will leave behind, but I wouldn't call him a great president or a man out to destroy America.

I give him a B+

I think it's cool you gave your opinion, but I do think the poster's point above is interesting. Every Dem seems to forget Obama walked in to a completely Democrat controlled Congress. Somehow that memory has gotten wiped from the collective Democrat database. Wonder why?

I guess it is easier to blame the mean Republican scary man than take responsibility for a leader that cannot lead.

I used to do contract negotiation. You don't continually insult the people you are trying to negotiate with. You don't ram contract terms down their throats just because you can. If you do, the other party will never honor the agreement anyway, and will actively work to undermine or terminate the agreement. It is pretty basic stuff.

Clinton worked quite effectively with an opposition Congress. So did Reagan. Even Bush did to a degree. Why is Obama so different? If a Democrat could honestly answer that question you might have a breakthrough.

So when noone in the GOP joins the DNC on healthcare reform; it's 100% the President's fault? Ahh...

Good to see we're no longer a nation of laws and we have endorsements of "undermining" laws now.

But that's all the Democrat's fault I'm sure.

The Republicans offered many suggestions and actively sought to be a part of the process. As you know, they were rebuffed.

You also avoided the central question posed above. I will ask it again.

1. Clinton worked quite effectively with an opposition Congress. So did Reagan. Even Bush did to a degree. Why is Obama so different?

***edit*** You also failed to acknowledge that when Obama came into office he had control of both Houses of Congress. You blamed Republicans, thereby confirming the collective amnesia of Democrats to that central fact. It kind of undermined your entire point.

Last edited:
I give him a B+

He was cryogenically frozen in 2009, and just woke up for this poll? Sure. Obamas self assessment still holds.

Ok....how about approval ratings.

rcpaverage11-15.jpg

Let me know when they start thowing footwear at him. #Bush's27%

Since you asked...the comparison ;

RealClearPolitics - President Obama, President Bush First Term Job Approval

I think that the Obama shoe throwers are going to be disaffected Congressional Democrats, and not disaffected Iraqi citizens.

Really, care to elaborate on that premise? Explain to me how his policies and regulatory changes have stabilized the business climate and allowed businesses to make accurate long range forecast, which would allow them to hire and expand with confidence. Hell companies don't even know what maobamacare means because the rules keep changing. maobama has been very good at keeping the heel of government on the throat of business and thus on the economy as a whole and it's not being done by accident. You're the fool if you believe it is.

I obviously can't speak for g5000, but I think his point is not that what Obama has done is successful, but that the intent behind it isn't the destruction of the country.

There is a difference between having bad ideas about governance and wanting to destroy the nation.

Riddle me this there Batman, if you think a system is generally good and just needs a few tweaks here and there why would you set out to fundamentally change it?

Change and destroy are two completely different things. There have been a lot of events in American history that people would say "fundamentally changed" America. Many of these changes (such as the Civil Rights Movement) are now considered positive things.

There is still a difference between fundamentally changing a country and destroying it.

How do you fundamentally change anything and not come out with something that didn't exist before? Come on this is an easy one.

Can't grade him based on the rhetoric following the letter.

Also, I have no desire to leap into a lion's den at this point in time.

Same here. The rhetoric is too emotional.

I believe that Obama seriously miscalculated the degree of resistance he would face from Republicans and right wingers. He advanced in his career with the protection of institutions, colleagues, and social acceptance. He was unprepared for the "real world" of America outside of liberal cities and universities.

He is similar to many other "successful" Americans--their success often comes because they were helped by other connected individuals. He was wrong when he assumed that the world was similar to his peers. In modern politics, negotiation no longer works.

Are you saying he didn't build that?

"That" being his perceived success...

How do you fundamentally change anything and not come out with something that didn't exist before? Come on this is an easy one.

I know you guys get off fantasizing that the guy is some kind of radical, and I certainly don't like him and thought he was a fake since day one, but the change shite was about the toxic tone in Washington, what with Slick's impeachment, Bushii's "yer with us or against us" which was really contrary to the guy's instincts, and Rove and Cheney's politics of personal destruction. It is obvious that Obama was simply not up to the task of determining what the other side has to get in a deal and gettign what he has to get. He had to get universal care with govt approving policies, and there was no way the gop could go there, so he refused compromise and jammed obamacare through. Any chance for "change" flat lined that day.

Change and destroy are two completely different things. There have been a lot of events in American history that people would say "fundamentally changed" America. Many of these changes (such as the Civil Rights Movement) are now considered positive things.

Civil rights basically affected how people interacted with other people, the fundemental transformation your dear leader has in mind is changing the way people interact and are affected by government. Where government no longer insures equal opportunity but tilts the field toward equal outcome. If you care to look at the country maobama would like to see, take a look at what Bloomberg tried to do in NY city where big brother made all the decisions for you, that is the liberal vision, just relax and let the brureaucrats dictate your every action.

When I was growing up I was taught that if you criticize they way someone is working, you better be able to do a better job.

you know what Moon....if someone is supposed to be working on my behalf and is taking a paycheck that i contribute too and i think is doing a shitty job....i dont give fuck if i can do it any better....i will fucking say something....

Of course you could. DO share how you would get legislation past the do-nothing Congress. Or are you assuming they wouldn't be a problem in your world.

I would place ideas that are superior to Obama's on the table, and defend them. I have provided many of those ideas here on this forum.

Yes. And then Congress would refuse to bring them up for a vote. Oh! Too bad, so sad.

not if G has more people skills.....just sayin....

I am not nearly as articulate as Obama, but I do have a conscious, I generally don't lie, and I want to see all people succeed...not just certain voting blocs that might be more inclined to vote for me or my party.

There are organizations created to keep people like you out of officer.~Grandpa Simpson(when Homer was a child and wanted to be president.)

yea Herman Munster ran for office too.....

''No compromise, un-American Tea Party GOP''- TIME. It's too bad about TP/GOP mindless obstruction...since it started, 2/4/2010, they've ruined the recovery and everthing else, which WAS going great....

Last edited:
This is exactly why I pay no attention to anything you post. Obama could be saving your life by carrying you out of a burning building and you would be condemning him at the top of your lungs. You have a closed mind.

hey Ron.....the op asked everyones opinion of Obamas performance....TK gave his....if you dont like the opinions expressed here......oh well....:dunno:

Forum List

Back