"your individual liberty ends at my nose"

Who said it didn't?
Public accommodation laws
So you think a racist doctor should be allowed to not treat a negro?
As long as they don't work in place owned/managed by the government.
Institutional discrimination, I have a problem with.
So you don't believe in the right to life, eh?

Interesting.
I believe in individual liberty. ?

In what way is that being undermined, specifically?

So back to the OP. Why doesn't yours end at my nose? How is FORCING me to do something against my will, NOT putting my liberty in question?
Who is forcing you to do something against your will?
I sell cakes all the live long day, but if someone who is the wrong shade wants a cake, I am suddenly siezed with pain if I sell them a cake. Their color makes my eyes hurt!

MY EYES! MY EYES! TAKE OUT MY EYES!

You may have conjunctivitis.

There are bigots of all flavors, stripes and political persuasions out there, and forcing them to do something will only make them bigger bigots.

I'd rather just know who these people are, let them stew in their own misery, and find someone who wants to work with me.

My ego is not such that I have a need to see them punished for being ignorant. They're probably miserable enough, as it is.

The masks are coming off now. It's just like I said. Whenever you hear someone pining for the "good old days", this is what they are talking about. Homos, negroes, and all the other mud people knew their place.

We let the homos out of the closet, and we let those uppity negroes go wherever they please, and now everything has gone to hell! We have to eat our Big Macs next to N*GGERS!

It's against God and the Bible!
Don't be a dumbfuck, G.
I have NO problem with gays and them getting married.
I am not religious.
Try not to make up bullshit. You are being fuckin paranoid.
I have a problem with the empty rhetoric and perverted twists of "equality" and "fair" and such. It is bullshit. Why don't you try to prove me wrong instead of acting like an insecure, childish limp wrist?

Public accommodation laws
So you think a racist doctor should be allowed to not treat a negro?
As long as they don't work in place owned/managed by the government.
Institutional discrimination, I have a problem with.
So you don't believe in the right to life, eh?

Interesting.
I believe in individual liberty. ?

In what way is that being undermined, specifically?
Someone being FORCED doesn't undermine individual liberty? REALLY?

There are bigots of all flavors, stripes and political persuasions out there, and forcing them to do something will only make them bigger bigots.

I'd rather just know who these people are, let them stew in their own misery, and find someone who wants to work with me.

My ego is not such that I have a need to see them punished for being ignorant. They're probably miserable enough, as it is.
Thank you.

The masks are coming off now. It's just like I said. Whenever you hear someone pining for the "good old days", this is what they are talking about. Homos, negroes, and all the other mud people knew their place.

We let the homos out of the closet, and we let those uppity negroes go wherever they please, and now everything has gone to hell! We have to eat our Big Macs next to N*GGERS!

Don't be a dumbfuck, G.
I am not religious.
I have a problem with the empty rhetoric and perverted twists of "equality" and "fair" and such. It is bullshit. Why don't you try to prove me wrong instead of acting like an insecure, childish limp wrist?

They find it easier to assume everyone who opposes their views on this does so because "God told me to hate teh gayz", than to try to comprhend opposition based on a desire to see government not turn into some giant bully to be used to enforce their own groupthink.

The key is to actually analyze each situation and determine if said discrimination is either 1)systemic or 2)interfering with a time sensitive/life or death situation. So no, doctors should not be able to deny service to people in emergencies because of race, and a gas station should not be able to deny point of service sales because of basically anything, but a baker not wanting to bake a cake does not warrant a $150k fine from the government.

An interesting dual case would be a hotel that rents out to weddings. To me they should not be able to deny a room based on anything, but they should be able to say they don't host gay weddings (or any other type of wedding).

Don't be a dumbfuck, G.
I am not religious.
I am showing you the results of your wishes. And the motives behind those who whine about accommodation laws.

I'm not making up bullshit. THESE THINGS ACTUALLY HAPPENED! And they would happen again if the bigots got their way.

Do you not know even RECENT history?!?

So back to the OP. Why doesn't yours end at my nose? How is FORCING me to do something against my will, NOT putting my liberty in question?
Simply asking that question displays that you may never be able to comprehend the entire sphere of that subject matter. Given the way you appear to think individual rights are chopped up with a barrier between each for each of myriad discrete circumstances for each individual believing that the rights of others aren't impacted by the direct and indirect actions of others is to disregard the obvious!

I still wonder if anyone is actually doing anything (besides whining on the internet) about repealing these horribly unfair PA laws. It took a long time, but other activist groups affected change thru repealing bad laws.

Don't be a dumbfuck, G.
I am not religious.
I am showing you the results of your wishes. And the motives behind those who whine about accommodation laws.

I'm not making up bullshit. THESE THINGS ACTUALLY HAPPENED! And they would happen again if the bigots got their way.

Do you not know even RECENT history?!?
I am like none of that. Try again?

I still wonder if anyone is actually doing anything (besides whining on the internet) about repealing these horribly unfair PA laws. It took a long time, but other activist groups affected change thru repealing bad laws.
No thank you, the courts are corrupt and unconstitutional, operating outside of the law.

5x3_legalizefreedom.png

Simply asking that question displays that you may never be able to comprehend the entire sphere of that subject matter. Given the way you appear to think individual rights are chopped up with a barrier between each for each of myriad discrete circumstances for each individual believing that the rights of others aren't impacted by the direct and indirect actions of others is to disregard the obvious!
I dont have the freedom to tell you no, but you have the freedom to tell me yes followed up with a fine and social assassination. Got it.
Maybe I just dont understand "individual liberty" :confused:

People who want their individual liberty protected had better start electing constitutional officials, particularly sheriffs, at the LOCAL level. Because it is their job to protect us from a tyrannical federal government.

Forum List

Back