Your Rights Dont Matter

The driver was being a dick. And he needs to learn how to edit a video.

He sure was! Just like the rebels at the Boston Tea Party were being "dicks". Shame on them for not being more polite.

Rebellion is meaningless without a clear purpose. The jackass in the OP was just being a jackass.

Had the cop actually been engaged in unethical behavior, I'd have been in the front row of the cheering section. But being a dickhead for the sake of being a dickhead and then self-promoting such dickheadedness is idiotic, just like the suckers that buy into the garbage.

It was contrived, granted. And the officer who was targeted was "just doing his job". But his job is violating our rights, and it's high time we started making a fuss about it.

Your "rights" extend as far as SCOTUS allows them to extend. These stops have been ruled constitutionally permissible.

The Supreme Court is wrong.

By definition , the Supreme Court can't be wrong about what they rule Constitutional and unconstitutional. I mean they ARE the definition.

You may not like their ruling, but that is irrelevant, they are right no matter how they rule.

He sure was! Just like the rebels at the Boston Tea Party were being "dicks". Shame on them for not being more polite.

Rebellion is meaningless without a clear purpose. The jackass in the OP was just being a jackass.

Had the cop actually been engaged in unethical behavior, I'd have been in the front row of the cheering section. But being a dickhead for the sake of being a dickhead and then self-promoting such dickheadedness is idiotic, just like the suckers that buy into the garbage.

It was contrived, granted. And the officer who was targeted was "just doing his job". But his job is violating our rights, and it's high time we started making a fuss about it.

Your "rights" extend as far as SCOTUS allows them to extend. These stops have been ruled constitutionally permissible.

By definition , the Supreme Court can't be wrong about what they rule Constitutional and unconstitutional. I mean they ARE the definition.

You may not like their ruling, but that is irrelevant, they are right no matter how they rule.

Nonsense. They're human beings, and inherently fallible. Take off your blinders.

[Sure I did, and I figured you'd cherry-pick something irrelevant out of it. It doesn't change the fact that it mentions the supreme court ruling such stops as constitutional. Period.

The cop showed more restraint than I would have, I'd have taken Citizen Dumbass' attitude as probable cause to impound his car for a thorough search at HQ.

Dickheads deserve to be treated like dickheads.

I didn't see the video - i block videos. I am going on the comments here.

BUT if a cop abuses his position to impound a car because he doesn't like it that a peasant knows his rights, then that person should not be a cop.

Police should have no powers beyond that which citizens have in a free nation. Equipment violations are valid, random checkpoints are not - regardless of court rulings.

As the nation becomes a police state, the cops have gotten out of control. I am far more concerned with my personal safety when a cop gets on the train I ride than when gang members do. I mean, both are gang members - but cops are more likely to be violent and murder someone innocent than the crips or bloods. The Mongols and Hells Angels were shooting each other in Corona the other night - key phrase - each other.

Cops kick random homeless people to death in Fullerton - which of these gangs poses the most real threat to me and my family? I'm not in the Mongols or Hells Angels - so clearly it is the cops.

Nonsense. They're human beings, and inherently fallible. Take off your blinders.

Of course they are fallible, but there is no appeal to them. They decide what is constitutional, not you or I. Well I mean obviously the Senate is trying to change that, but.........

[Sure I did, and I figured you'd cherry-pick something irrelevant out of it. It doesn't change the fact that it mentions the supreme court ruling such stops as constitutional. Period.

The cop showed more restraint than I would have, I'd have taken Citizen Dumbass' attitude as probable cause to impound his car for a thorough search at HQ.

BUT if a cop abuses his position to impound a car because he doesn't like it that a peasant knows his rights, then that person should not be a cop.

Police should have no powers beyond that which citizens have in a free nation. Equipment violations are valid, random checkpoints are not - regardless of court rulings.

As the nation becomes a police state, the cops have gotten out of control. I am far more concerned with my personal safety when a cop gets on the train I ride than when gang members do. I mean, both are gang members - but cops are more likely to be violent and murder someone innocent than the crips or bloods. The Mongols and Hells Angels were shooting each other in Corona the other night - key phrase - each other.

Cops kick random homeless people to death in Fullerton - which of these gangs poses the most real threat to me and my family? I'm not in the Mongols or Hells Angels - so clearly it is the cops.

Just STFU.

You admitted your ignorance of the topic at hand, so don't bother posting about it, because it just makes you look as stupid as the people who think DUI checkpoints are unconstitutional.

See, I contend exactly the opposite. Back in the 60s when a cop could rough an asshole up a little , there were far fewer assholes and rarely did any "innocent" people get shot by the police. Nor was there the outright hatred of police that we see today.

Some asshole got mouthy with a cop , they beat on him a little and he went home the next day. There were less cop beatings then than there are cop shootings now. Why ? Because people didn't feel entitled to harass the shit out of cops until cops went ape shit and shot people.

Nowadays we have people who think it's cool to record police stops and act like billy badass then cry like little pussies if the police react at all. VERY pathetic and it only encourages MORE pussies.

This is just another example of people not understanding their rights, but thinking they do. People learn your rights...

What did he get wrong? People have the absolute right to ask police if they are being detained whenever they are stopped. The fact that the cop said he wasn't being detained, and then claimed he was not free to leave, showed that the cop was the one that didn't understand the law.

According to you, we have no rights at all, only privilege granted by 9 unelected dictators.

No, see you need to understand something here.

You have rights regardless of SCOTUS or even the COTUS, what you DON'T have without that document and without that court is protection from the government violating those rights.

It's kinda what you know makes us unique in the world. In some parts of the world the government isn't prevented from telling you to shut the fuck up. Does that mean the citizens of that country don't have a right to free speech, or does it merely mean the government can ignore that right?

Yet they have actually reversed their decisions occasionally. If, by definition, they were right when they ruled one way, and still right when they ruled the other way, the definition is wrong.

Want to try again?

Of course they are fallible, but there is no appeal to them. They decide what is constitutional, not you or I. Well I mean obviously the Senate is trying to change that, but.........

Excuse me, dumberthantheaveragedog, but it is entirely possible to tell the Supreme Court what is Constitutional, and make it stick. Congress has actually done it a few times.

Forum List

Back