Zimmerman

I know how Florida law works.

This was posted not long after the incident, and it's never left me.

:::
"It boils down to this...

In Florida, you can shoot and kill (kill is important here) anyone you want as long as a few conditions are met...

One...you must call the cops first. This is very important to your self-defense defense. If the cops dont know you are under assault, or at least think you might be at some point in the future (once you have harassed the person enough), they wont be on your side.

Two...you MUST...very important here...MUST kill the person you are shooting. They cannot be alive to refute your self-defense claim. If there are no witnesses other than a 911 call then there is no one left to dispute your claim of self-defense.

Three...barring any influence such as money or power to wield over the police dept., you must ensure that you have no connection directly to the individual you are killing. Someone in your neighborhood that you might know, thats fine, but no issues with the person other than their race, creed, religion, or other subtle personal things that others cannot directly prove.

There are a couple more smaller considerations to take into account but if these three primary conditions are met, Florida more than likely cannot prosecute you for murder.

There...your quick and easy guide to murder in Florida, or as Florida calls it...self defense."

You don't have to call the cops first, though I'm sure it helps.

But yeah, in Florida, it is pretty easy to get off on the stand your ground rule, depending on your racial background and your ability to pay for lawyers.

They get appointed lawyers if they have no $$$
Tell us what Gideon v. Wainwright is sweetie?

I know how Florida law works.

This was posted not long after the incident, and it's never left me.

:::
"It boils down to this...

In Florida, you can shoot and kill (kill is important here) anyone you want as long as a few conditions are met...

One...you must call the cops first. This is very important to your self-defense defense. If the cops dont know you are under assault, or at least think you might be at some point in the future (once you have harassed the person enough), they wont be on your side.

Two...you MUST...very important here...MUST kill the person you are shooting. They cannot be alive to refute your self-defense claim. If there are no witnesses other than a 911 call then there is no one left to dispute your claim of self-defense.

Three...barring any influence such as money or power to wield over the police dept., you must ensure that you have no connection directly to the individual you are killing. Someone in your neighborhood that you might know, thats fine, but no issues with the person other than their race, creed, religion, or other subtle personal things that others cannot directly prove.

There are a couple more smaller considerations to take into account but if these three primary conditions are met, Florida more than likely cannot prosecute you for murder.

There...your quick and easy guide to murder in Florida, or as Florida calls it...self defense."

But yeah, in Florida, it is pretty easy to get off on the stand your ground rule, depending on your racial background and your ability to pay for lawyers.

Appointed lawyers are worth both jack and shit. Is that how you "win" your cases because the accused must make do with an overworked, probably non-caring, lawyer?

I am not surprised.

Appointed lawyers are worth both jack and shit. Is that how you "win" your cases because the accused must make do with an overworked, probably non-caring, lawyer?

I am not surprised.

Murder cases they appoint top attorneys in Florida.
Try again.

He can't prove he isn't a racist, dummy. That's the point and why I said his suit is probably just a bid to poison the minds of a future jury at his criminal trial.

You have to define what a racist is before one can disprove they are one!
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
If you do not know that get out of the ball game.
What is a racist and how does he disprove it oh wise legal sholar.
What is the burden of proof Zimmerman has to offer to prove he is not a racist?
What evidence is there that HE WAS/IS A RACIST?
The future jury will know nothing about the workings of this civil case.
Ever heard of voir dire? What is that and what excused for cause?
Repeating yourself doesn't make you correct.

The only way Zimmerman can win his suit is if he proves he isn't a racist or a predator.

No, you are not even close.
But if he had to prove he was not a racist what would be his burden of proof to prove that?
What would he have to show to prove his case?

The only way Zimmerman can win his suit is if he proves he isn't a racist or a predator.

No, you are not even close.
But if he had to prove he was not a racist what would be his burden of proof to prove that?
What would he have to show to prove his case?
He would have to show he is not a racist or a predator because that is what he claims NBC claimed him as....you are free to find evidence that proves me wrong instead of parroting the echo in your head.

[

No charges against Z for disobeying a police command.
Because he did not do that. You keep stating that but why no charges?
Because he never did it.
"precipitated that confrontation by following" works in a civil case but this is A CRIMINAL CASE.
Following and asking someone questions is not a crime and does not warrant any physical attack. Never, ever at any time, any place. You can put your hands on someone that is following you and if you do you are subject to get your ass shot in Florida.
I do not make the law.
It does in your goon mob thug world but not in the Florida criminal courts or any other I know of.
You do not know what happened there and none of us do either.

The cops didn't want to charge him with murder, much less "disobeying a police command".

And you work on the assumption that I really care that much abuot the legal niceities.

He killed a kid. Period.

And if the state isn't going to be smart enough to put him in jail, the Feds will. Just hope we can avoid a riot in between.

He can't prove he isn't a racist, dummy. That's the point and why I said his suit is probably just a bid to poison the minds of a future jury at his criminal trial.

it's up to the defendant to prove he is a racist and predator

I am not surprised.

Murder cases they appoint top attorneys in Florida.
Try again.

Yeah, so "Top" they often convict the wrong guy.

Wrongful Conviction | Innocence Project of Florida

it's up to the defendant to prove he is a racist and predator
Not in a defamation suit.

[

No charges against Z for disobeying a police command.
Because he did not do that. You keep stating that but why no charges?
Because he never did it.
"precipitated that confrontation by following" works in a civil case but this is A CRIMINAL CASE.
Following and asking someone questions is not a crime and does not warrant any physical attack. Never, ever at any time, any place. You can put your hands on someone that is following you and if you do you are subject to get your ass shot in Florida.
I do not make the law.
It does in your goon mob thug world but not in the Florida criminal courts or any other I know of.
You do not know what happened there and none of us do either.

The cops didn't want to charge him with murder, much less "disobeying a police command".

And you work on the assumption that I really care that much abuot the legal niceities.

He killed a kid. Period.

And if the state isn't going to be smart enough to put him in jail, the Feds will. Just hope we can avoid a riot in between.

IOW

he should be jailed no matter what and face double jeopardy if necessary to avoid a race riot?

That's what is sounds like JOE

By all means. Lets give-in to racists since they are black.

Normally in personal injury litigation, including actions for defamation, the plaintiff bears the burden of proof. Within the context of defamation, that means that the plaintiff must establish by a preponderance of the evidence that the defendant's statements were false, and that the defendant knew or reasonably should have known them to be false at the time the statements were made.

Defamation of Character

[
IOW

he should be jailed no matter what and face double jeopardy if necessary to avoid a race riot?

Again, you gun nutters did this to yourselves. You made Zimmerman your poster boy.

If he had been arrested on the spot and a thorough investigation done at the time, rather than, "Hey, that's Judge Zimmerman's son, let's give him a pass on the dead kid!" it never would have escalated to the point it is now.

He's a career thug who shot a kid. He should go to jail. He's probably been getting passes on things his whole life. Not this time.

Point is... He shot a kid.

Period.

Why are we still even discussing this, really?

This is pretty much where I'm at with this case.

I really don't care what happened during the "confrontation". I know that without the armed man choosing to follow this kid none of this happens.....and he should answer for that.

The rest is just bullshit.

Normally in personal injury litigation, including actions for defamation, the plaintiff bears the burden of proof. Within the context of defamation, that means that the plaintiff must establish by a preponderance of the evidence that the defendant's statements were false, and that the defendant knew or reasonably should have known them to be false at the time the statements were made.

Defamation of Character

Proving the defendants statements are false IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than proving that you are not something.
WELL DUH
The plaintiff does not have the burden to PROVE 2 THINGS:
1. that the defendant's statements are false.
2. That he is or isn't something

All the plaintiff has to do is PROVE THE DEFENDANT'S STATEMENTS FALSE.

And the defendant claims that Zimmerman has stated publicly that his race is superior to another.
And since NO WHERE is there any evidence OF THAT and the defendant can produce NOTHING to show that in the discovery phase of this case slam dunk
Case will not even go to trial so Zimmerman will not have to prove anything. Pockets a million as NBC will not want the bad press of how they are admitted liars, fakes and frauds.
Just like you.

Point is... He shot a kid.

Period.

Why are we still even discussing this, really?

This is pretty much where I'm at with this case.

I really don't care what happened during the "confrontation". I know that without the armed man choosing to follow this kid none of this happens.....and he should answer for that.

The rest is just bullshit.

You are half way there.
He is answering for that, over charged but I have no problem with his arrest and trial.

[
IOW

Again, you gun nutters did this to yourselves. You made Zimmerman your poster boy.

If he had been arrested on the spot and a thorough investigation done at the time, rather than, "Hey, that's Judge Zimmerman's son, let's give him a pass on the dead kid!" it never would have escalated to the point it is now.

He's a career thug who shot a kid. He should go to jail. He's probably been getting passes on things his whole life. Not this time.

What is a "gun nutter"?

Forum List

Back