$1.2 Trillion Infrastructure Spending- Name One Project

ONE tiny sector?
That soaks up an enormous amount of $$$ every year.

Defense spending by the United States increased by $44 billion from 2019 to 2020.
That increase outstripped growth in spending from other countries, and as a result, the United States now spends more on defense than the next 11 countries combined (up from outspending the next 10 countries combined in 2019).

As a percentage of the country’s GDP, China’s average infrastructure spending in 2018 was 10 times higher than that of the United States.

March 5, 2021

The annual meeting of the National People’s Congress (NPC) began on Friday, March 5, in Beijing. Like previous years, the first day of the new NPC session was highlighted by the widely anticipated announcement of China’s 2021 defense budget, which was set at 1.36 trillion yuan, a 6.8 percent increase from the 1.27 trillion yuan budget set last year. The new budget amounts to $209.16 billion based on the current exchange rate. Monitoring China’s defense budget provides critical insights into the ongoing modernization of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA).

3 times as low as the US spends.
Ah, so government spending is wasteful and hurts the economy you say.

ONE tiny sector?
That soaks up an enormous amount of $$$ every year.

Defense spending by the United States increased by $44 billion from 2019 to 2020.
That increase outstripped growth in spending from other countries, and as a result, the United States now spends more on defense than the next 11 countries combined (up from outspending the next 10 countries combined in 2019).

As a percentage of the country’s GDP, China’s average infrastructure spending in 2018 was 10 times higher than that of the United States.

March 5, 2021

The annual meeting of the National People’s Congress (NPC) began on Friday, March 5, in Beijing. Like previous years, the first day of the new NPC session was highlighted by the widely anticipated announcement of China’s 2021 defense budget, which was set at 1.36 trillion yuan, a 6.8 percent increase from the 1.27 trillion yuan budget set last year. The new budget amounts to $209.16 billion based on the current exchange rate. Monitoring China’s defense budget provides critical insights into the ongoing modernization of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA).

3 times as low as the US spends.
BTW, you’re full of shit.

Pentagon predicts 5 times increase in China's nuclear weapons over next 10 years​

China has built the world's largest navy.​

Sure it does, when the government spends for people, the entire country benefits, they get jobs and spend $$$, at small businesses, who get their products from big businesses and keeps everything rolling.

When you give corporations tax cuts, supposedly to create jobs, like the GOP has claimed since Reagan, they don't, it goes to a select few.

December 24 2018
President Trump kicked off his holiday weekend at Mar-a-Lago Friday night at a dinner where he told friends, "You all just got a lot richer," referencing the sweeping tax overhaul he signed into law hours earlier. Mr. Trump directed those comments to friends dining nearby at the exclusive club.

The president has spent many weekends of his presidency so far at the "Winter White House," where initiation fees cost $200,000, annual dues cost $14,000, and some of the most affluent members of society have the opportunity to interact with the president in a setting while many Americans cannot.

June 26 2018
The White House promised '70 percent' of the tax cut would go to workers. It didn't.

President Donald Trump signed the bill in December last year, saying the corporate tax cut would make it favorable for companies to bring back into the U.S. cash stashed in foreign operations.

Over the past year, S&P 500 companies have given their shareholders a record $1 trillion in the form of buybacks and dividends, led by Apple, Cisco Systems, and other technology giants.

Stock repurchases hit nearly $190 billion in the first quarter for the S&P 500, according to preliminary results from S&P Dow Jones Indices. The last time that record was set was just before the Great Recession, when companies bought up almost $172 billion of buybacks.

The GQP are dead set against 'trickle up' economics.
The government doesn't spend money on people. It takes money from people.

Sure it does, when the government spends for people, the entire country benefits, they get jobs and spend $$$, at small businesses, who get their products from big businesses and keeps everything rolling.

When you give corporations tax cuts, supposedly to create jobs, like the GOP has claimed since Reagan, they don't, it goes to a select few.

December 24 2018
President Trump kicked off his holiday weekend at Mar-a-Lago Friday night at a dinner where he told friends, "You all just got a lot richer," referencing the sweeping tax overhaul he signed into law hours earlier. Mr. Trump directed those comments to friends dining nearby at the exclusive club.

The president has spent many weekends of his presidency so far at the "Winter White House," where initiation fees cost $200,000, annual dues cost $14,000, and some of the most affluent members of society have the opportunity to interact with the president in a setting while many Americans cannot.

June 26 2018
The White House promised '70 percent' of the tax cut would go to workers. It didn't.

President Donald Trump signed the bill in December last year, saying the corporate tax cut would make it favorable for companies to bring back into the U.S. cash stashed in foreign operations.

Over the past year, S&P 500 companies have given their shareholders a record $1 trillion in the form of buybacks and dividends, led by Apple, Cisco Systems, and other technology giants.

Stock repurchases hit nearly $190 billion in the first quarter for the S&P 500, according to preliminary results from S&P Dow Jones Indices. The last time that record was set was just before the Great Recession, when companies bought up almost $172 billion of buybacks.

The GQP are dead set against 'trickle up' economics.
Progressives predicted that most of the tax cut would go to stock buy backs and not jobs...and once again we were correct.

Ah, so government spending is wasteful and hurts the economy you say
Hurts the economy?

Speaking of predictions...Trump told us that a Democratic Party win would crash the stock market and the economy

Those predictions were of course WRONG

The stock market is roaring and GDP is up significantly

Meh, sworn enemies of the USA have seized power and are actively dismantling and crippling America.

Meanwhile...Americans sit in their comfy chairs with their treasured assets and Netflix subscriptions........(for a little while longer only) ....ewwwing and aweing at it all....but will do nothing.

Perhaps Americans don't deserve the life they have? Perhaps it's time for Americans to lose it all, including their freedoms, so they can re-learn priorities and the basics of reality. The reality that freedom was never free and leaving the fight for yours to someone else is not a winning strategy.

Ah, so government spending is wasteful and hurts the economy you say.
No, depends on what you spend it on.
As described, in my previous comment.
' China’s average infrastructure spending in 2018 was 10 times higher than that of the United States'.
China's latest budget amounts to $209.16 billion based on the current exchange rate.

Darn, the latest GQP 'talking points' of communist China, they take care of themselves better than the US does.
In their economy and policies.
Why is that?

BTW, you’re full of shit.

Pentagon predicts 5 times increase in China's nuclear weapons over next 10 years​

China has built the world's largest navy.​

So.
China still pays 4 times as less than the US.
Nuclear weapons?
Why would a number even matter?
Maybe it would, to the military industrial complex.
10 or 20 land, nothing else matters, dumb shit.

Right ...and the money goees "poof" once the government collects taxes?

No? That's bullshit? Ohhh
Tell me how much money has the government ever spent on you directly?

And the money mostly goes to line the pockets of the people who own our politicians

Tell me how much money has the government ever spent on you directly?

And the money mostly goes to line the pockets of the people who own our politicians
Is that right? And you can give examples of hundreds of billions “going on the pockets” of politicians?

Of course you can’t

As far as me directly being ? Yes. In my education, my paycheck while in the military. The roads and bridges I drive on and many many other ways

Is that right? And you can give examples of hundreds of billions “going on the pockets” of politicians?

Of course you can’t

As far as me directly being ? Yes. In my education, my paycheck while in the military. The roads and bridges I drive on and many many other ways
I didn't say the pockets of politicians did I?

Maybe you should reread my post and follow the words with your finger and move your lips if you have to.

And you got paid as an employee that is hardly the same as someone spending money on you. And YOU pay for those roads the government doesn't give them to you.

Public education is paid for by the money taken from people via real estate and other taxes.

There has not been a single dime spent on you by the government because it was all money they already took from you

I didn't say the pockets of politicians did I?

Maybe you should reread my post and follow the words with your finger and move your lips if you have to.

And you got paid as an employee that is hardly the same as someone spending money on you. And YOU pay for those roads the government doesn't give them to you.

Public education is paid for by the money taken from people via real estate and other taxes.

There has not been a single dime spent on you by the government because it was all money they already took from you
I thought it went “poof”

Oh well

Ya gotta say something

Just admit it. You don’t want a minor tax increase despite the fact that you make a couple hundred thousand a year

Hurts the economy?

Speaking of predictions...Trump told us that a Democratic Party win would crash the stock market and the economy

Those predictions were of course WRONG

The stock market is roaring and GDP is up significantly
Can’t argue both sides. Either spending is good or bad.

Forum List

Back