🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

1 in 6 Draw Welfare in Predominantly Red States

California is deeply in debt. Hired too many government employees with too generous a pension. For some reason liberals do not understand that economies are based on money coming in and money going out and what's left over.

Yet investors flood here to start Biz and buy out bonds. Go figure

Ignore the earlier posts showing how Kansas trickle down BS failed though Cupcake :(
You ignore the fact that California is deeply in debt and tried to spin it hard. The failure is all yours, Crapcake.

Yes Cupcake don't give a metric of debt, just say it's high *shaking head*

Must be why Cali is booming, the high level of debt as Kansas is in trouble with their "supply side field experiment" Brownback pulled right Cupcake?

Dude you are so fucking weird!
How is Cali "booming" in your twisted, backward little peanut brain?
It's only "booming" in one way.....the number of dependent beaners is definitely BOOMING! It's definitely on a BOOMING pace to become an extension of Mexico. California is a filthy fucking shithole full of filthy human cockroaches.....oh, but, but, but it is home to Microsoft, Google, Apple and Silicon Valley.
I agree with most of that but Micro$oft is headquartered in Redmond, WA.

Headquartered sure...but Microsoft employs several thousand at their Silicon Valley campus...resulting in big Econ gains for CA.
microsoft-campus-air-handler-fault-tech-retrocommissioning-rcx-low-cost-energy-savings-kw-engineering-silicon-valley.png

Yes. SS numbers are extra.
You have no ideas. You post memes. We cut spending. States like California with a trillion owed and a new half trillion policy per year passed, soon to escalate, it is bad. Who are you going to rob?

MY CALI? THE ONE THAT SUBSIDIZES RED STATES THAT SUCK OFF OUR TEET?

BTW, YOU CUT REVENUES INSTEAD AND CREATING MORE AS WAS PROMISED!

California Leads U.S. Economy, Away From Trump
Whatever the president says, this state does the opposite. It's working.

Look at California, which is one-eighth of the U.S. population with 39 million people and one-seventh of the nation's gross domestic product of $2.3 trillion. Far from being a mess, California's economy is bigger than ever, rivaling the U.K. as No. 5 in the world, when figures for 2016 are officially tabulated.

California is the chief reason America is the only developed economy to achieve record GDP growth since the financial crisis of 2008 and ensuing global recession, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

Much of the U.S. growth can be traced to California laws promoting clean energy, government accountability and protections for undocumented people.
Governor Jerry Brown, now in his fourth term, considers immigrants a major reason for the state's success: "39 percent of us are Latino and the majority are from Mexico," he said in a March 2 interview in his Sacramento office.

In the stock and bond markets, where investors show no allegiance to political parties, California has outperformed the rest of the U.S. the past five years, especially since the Nov. 9 election, when Trump became the fifth person to win the Electoral College and lose the popular vote. California's creditworthiness keeps getting better, measured by the declining premium global investors must pay to ensure against depreciation of the state's debt obligations. That premium has diminished more than for any other state since 2012, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. California, whose voters favored Hillary Clinton two to one, outperformed Treasury bonds since the November election. Texas, which is the second-largest state in population and which supported Trump, became cheaper compared to Treasuries and California in the market for state and local debt since the November election. Investors see security in the state with more protections for immigrants and more regulations.

California's borrowing cost is 0.15 percentage points lower than the average for states and municipalities and has declined to just 0.24 percentage points more than the U.S. pays on its debt, down from 1.97 percentage points in 2013.

At the same time, bonds sold by California's municipalities produced a total return of 2.3 percent since November, outperforming the benchmark for the U.S., according to data compiled by Bloomberg. The growing popularityof bonds sold by California issuers is a consequence of the state's more rigorous regulation of the market, specifically legislation signed by Brown last year, creating greater transparency and accountability for issuers of California debt.

No state or country has created as many laws discouraging fossil fuels and carbon while promoting clean energy. That convergence of policy and voter preference is paying off in the stock market.

...Behind such a favorable outlook is the diversity of the California economy, which grew $42.3 billion during the first three quarters last year. That's almost as much as the next two fastest-growing states, New York and Florida, combined.

BrownbackS2526Pdowngrade1.png

e2523f6f70bf3be223ea828dfdfa3b2f.jpg
Try and keep up fester
Crazy cali does not count...
they are $1 trillion in debt

Sure Cupcake, sure. That's why investors are flooding into Cali and their bonds have been upgraded twice AS Kansas has been downgraded since Brownback's trickle down!

I've been reading through your posts in this thread and all I can say is WOW....and CONGRATULATIONS! I'm thinking there's no denying you the award for most confused, twisted whacko on this board.
You remind me of a long time homeless heroine addict who's lifestyle has become so NORMAL to him that he'll swear he has no problem and that normal people have the problem...it's that whole nut-job defense mechanism / justification thing ..haha
I can't help but wonder how long you've been stealing from hard working real American's? How much have you stold over all the years?

Perhaps work on your education Cupcake and you might get somewhere sometime Cupcake?

"stold" :dunno:

263e7304754d56c52ed4023dc76725cf.jpg

Funny...that's exactly what that heroine addict would say...."you're the stupid one" haha
You're definitely "educated" enough to sell yourself on a shit-ton of fabricated bullshit found on the internet and authored by other takers and ignorant whack-jobs. You're absolutely amazing at locating and posting memes that push your twisted narratives. Good job bud...you're so bright...CONGRATS!

Last edited:
California is deeply in debt. Hired too many government employees with too generous a pension. For some reason liberals do not understand that economies are based on money coming in and money going out and what's left over.

Ignore the earlier posts showing how Kansas trickle down BS failed though Cupcake :(
You ignore the fact that California is deeply in debt and tried to spin it hard. The failure is all yours, Crapcake.

Must be why Cali is booming, the high level of debt as Kansas is in trouble with their "supply side field experiment" Brownback pulled right Cupcake?

It's only "booming" in one way.....the number of dependent beaners is definitely BOOMING! It's definitely on a BOOMING pace to become an extension of Mexico. California is a filthy fucking shithole full of filthy human cockroaches.....oh, but, but, but it is home to Microsoft, Google, Apple and Silicon Valley.
8dc56325ad0de6609fbaf36bd25e84a8.jpg

Sorry Crapcake. Kansas is not in California and you still ignore the debt. All you have is baby shit to offer. Go suck on your soiled diapers.

Don't under stand what metric means huh Cupcake? By ANT measure Cali has debt equal to less than 20% of our GDP, a booming economy and investors flooding into Cali, how about Kansas?

You're still stuck on stupid. You keep trying to deflect away from California's extreme debt. I suppose like their politicians do. Supply side economics works every time it's tried so no sale on that either.

CHILE: THE LABORATORY TEST

Many people have often wondered what it would be like to create a nation based solely on their political and economic beliefs. Imagine: no opposition, no political rivals, no compromise of morals.
Only a "benevolent dictator," if you will, setting up society according to your ideals.

The Chicago School of Economics got that chance for 16 years in Chile, under near-laboratory conditions. Between 1973 and 1989, a government team of economists trained at the University of Chicago dismantled or decentralized the Chilean state as far as was humanly possible. Their program included privatizing welfare and social programs, deregulating the market, liberalizing trade, rolling back trade unions, and rewriting its constitution and laws. And they did all this in the absence of the far-right's most hated institution: democracy.

The results were exactly what liberals predicted. Chile's economy became more unstable than any other in Latin America, alternately experiencing deep plunges and soaring growth. Once all this erratic behavior was averaged out, however, Chile's growth during this 16-year period was one of the slowest of any Latin American country. Worse, income inequality grew severe. The majority of workers actually earned less in 1989 than in 1973 (after adjusting for inflation), while the incomes of the rich skyrocketed. In the absence of market regulations, Chile also became one of the most polluted countries in Latin America. And Chile's lack of democracy was only possible by suppressing political opposition and labor unions under a reign of terror and widespread human rights abuses.

Conservatives have developed an apologist literature defending Chile as a huge success story.

Chile: the laboratory test

MY CALI? THE ONE THAT SUBSIDIZES RED STATES THAT SUCK OFF OUR TEET?

BTW, YOU CUT REVENUES INSTEAD AND CREATING MORE AS WAS PROMISED!

Whatever the president says, this state does the opposite. It's working.

Look at California, which is one-eighth of the U.S. population with 39 million people and one-seventh of the nation's gross domestic product of $2.3 trillion. Far from being a mess, California's economy is bigger than ever, rivaling the U.K. as No. 5 in the world, when figures for 2016 are officially tabulated.

California is the chief reason America is the only developed economy to achieve record GDP growth since the financial crisis of 2008 and ensuing global recession, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

Much of the U.S. growth can be traced to California laws promoting clean energy, government accountability and protections for undocumented people.
Governor Jerry Brown, now in his fourth term, considers immigrants a major reason for the state's success: "39 percent of us are Latino and the majority are from Mexico," he said in a March 2 interview in his Sacramento office.

In the stock and bond markets, where investors show no allegiance to political parties, California has outperformed the rest of the U.S. the past five years, especially since the Nov. 9 election, when Trump became the fifth person to win the Electoral College and lose the popular vote. California's creditworthiness keeps getting better, measured by the declining premium global investors must pay to ensure against depreciation of the state's debt obligations. That premium has diminished more than for any other state since 2012, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. California, whose voters favored Hillary Clinton two to one, outperformed Treasury bonds since the November election. Texas, which is the second-largest state in population and which supported Trump, became cheaper compared to Treasuries and California in the market for state and local debt since the November election. Investors see security in the state with more protections for immigrants and more regulations.

California's borrowing cost is 0.15 percentage points lower than the average for states and municipalities and has declined to just 0.24 percentage points more than the U.S. pays on its debt, down from 1.97 percentage points in 2013.

At the same time, bonds sold by California's municipalities produced a total return of 2.3 percent since November, outperforming the benchmark for the U.S., according to data compiled by Bloomberg. The growing popularityof bonds sold by California issuers is a consequence of the state's more rigorous regulation of the market, specifically legislation signed by Brown last year, creating greater transparency and accountability for issuers of California debt.

No state or country has created as many laws discouraging fossil fuels and carbon while promoting clean energy. That convergence of policy and voter preference is paying off in the stock market.

...Behind such a favorable outlook is the diversity of the California economy, which grew $42.3 billion during the first three quarters last year. That's almost as much as the next two fastest-growing states, New York and Florida, combined.

BrownbackS2526Pdowngrade1.png

Try and keep up fester
Crazy cali does not count...
they are $1 trillion in debt

Sure Cupcake, sure. That's why investors are flooding into Cali and their bonds have been upgraded twice AS Kansas has been downgraded since Brownback's trickle down!

I've been reading through your posts in this thread and all I can say is WOW....and CONGRATULATIONS! I'm thinking there's no denying you the award for most confused, twisted whacko on this board.
You remind me of a long time homeless heroine addict who's lifestyle has become so NORMAL to him that he'll swear he has no problem and that normal people have the problem...it's that whole nut-job defense mechanism / justification thing ..haha
I can't help but wonder how long you've been stealing from hard working real American's? How much have you stold over all the years?

Perhaps work on your education Cupcake and you might get somewhere sometime Cupcake?

"stold" :dunno:

263e7304754d56c52ed4023dc76725cf.jpg

Funny...that's exactly what that heroine addict would say...."you're the stupid one" haha
You're definitely "educated" enough to sell yourself on a shit-ton of fabricated bullshit found on the internet and authored by other takers and ignorant whack-jobs. Your absolutely amazing at locating and posting memes that push your twisted narratives. Good job bud...you're so bright...CONGRATS!

Got it Cupcake, you have nothing. I'm shocked :(

Sorry Crapcake. Kansas is not in California and you still ignore the debt. All you have is baby shit to offer. Go suck on your soiled diapers.

Don't under stand what metric means huh Cupcake? By ANT measure Cali has debt equal to less than 20% of our GDP, a booming economy and investors flooding into Cali, how about Kansas?

You're still stuck on stupid. You keep trying to deflect away from California's extreme debt. I suppose like their politicians do. Supply side economics works every time it's tried so no sale on that either.

22cf7632b91613a9587edebfb7ebde2d.jpg

Hey look at me!
I can use www.google.com
I'm so fucking smart!
tumblr_mrpf0szIln1rw5dlyo1_500.jpg

Hey look at me!
I can use www.google.com
I'm so fucking smart!

So no Cupcake you can't refute Cali is booming while Kansas was cut twice by the rating agencies. You can't refute red states suck off the teet of blue states. That red states have the least education and poorest.

NEXT

Hey look at me!
I can use www.google.com
I'm so fucking smart!

So no Cupcake you can't refute Cali is booming while Kansas was cut twice by the rating agencies. You can't refute red states suck off the teet of blue states. That red states have the least education and poorest.

NEXT

You've proven you're blind to and hate whole truth and facts.
It's been refuted over and over again...just because you pretend it hasn't been doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Sometimes you can't be scared to connect the dots on your own bud...relying on memes and editorials authored by self proclaimed "victims of the system" will usually further warp an already warped mind. Use caution.
What else can I teach you?

Hey look at me!
I can use www.google.com
I'm so fucking smart!

NEXT

It's been refuted over and over again...just because you pretend it hasn't been doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Sometimes you can't be scared to connect the dots on your own bud...relying on memes and editorials authored by self proclaimed "victims of the system" will usually further warp an already warped mind. Use caution.

Right Cupcake

The Failure of Supply-Side Economics
Three Decades of Empirical Economic Data Shows That Supply-Side Economics Doesn’t Work

The Failure of Supply-Side Economics - Center for American Progress

fb0ecc077acf3d13b8da7fdb94d590dd.jpg

Cartoon_44.jpg

Hey look at me!
I can use www.google.com
I'm so fucking smart!

NEXT

Right Cupcake

The Failure of Supply-Side Economics
Three Decades of Empirical Economic Data Shows That Supply-Side Economics Doesn’t Work

The Failure of Supply-Side Economics - Center for American Progress

fb0ecc077acf3d13b8da7fdb94d590dd.jpg

Cartoon_44.jpg

67c2fa1f112adf38b7dab2a72d64de260dc574fd708fb74641a5af513faa4942.jpg

Article this morning describes the aforementioned swelling of Social Security Disability claims made in Red States across the fruited plain.

The article states:

How to visualize the growth in disability in the United States? One way is to think of a map. Rural communities, where on average 9.1 percent of working-age people are on disability — nearly twice the urban rate and 40 percent higher than the national average — are in a brighter shade than cities. An even brighter hue then spreads from Appalachia into the Deep South and out into Missouri, where rates are higher yet, places economists have called “disability belts.” The brightest color of all can be found in 102 counties, mostly within these belts, where a Washington Post analysis of federal statistics estimates that, at minimum, about 1 in 6 working-age residents draw disability checks.

One family. Four generations of disability benefits. Will it continue?

Question: Should the President do something about this?

One way is very easy and clear by the way.... The whole story is at thisamericanlife.org but I'll give you the highlight; I'm doing this from memory so if I get a detail wrong, forgive me. When you apply for SSD, about 2 thirds are refused out of hand. So that means if Larry, Moe and Curly all apply, Larry and Moe are going to get rejected.

Now, what you do after that is paramount because it is important. About 1/2 appeal their ruling. Of those who appeal, 80% who hire an attorney to represent them get their benefits. The way it works is that there is a hearing about the rejection. At the hearing is the attorney for the person who filed (Binder and Binder are the #1 firm nationwide) and the judge. The federal government sends nobody.

Here is the transcript of the passage:

The way Binder tells it, he is a guy helping desperate people get the support they deserve. He's a cowboy-hatted Lone Ranger fighting the good fight for the everyman. He apparently keeps a picture of the Lone Ranger on his desk.

So you've got 30,000 people denied disability who are appealing to a judge, taking their case to the courts. And on the one side, the judge has this passionate persuasive lawyer making the case that his client is physically or emotionally incapable of working. And on the other side, who's on the other side? Nobody. Nobody, really. I couldn't believe this when I first heard it. David Autor, the economist, told me with disability cases, there is no person in the room making the government's case.

David Autor
You might imagine a courtroom where, on the one side, there's the claimant and their lawyer saying, my client needs these benefits. On the other side, there's the government attorney saying, ah no, well, we need to protect the public interest, and your client is not sufficiently deserving, and here's why I think that, and so on. But it actually doesn't work like that. Because the government is not represented. There is no government lawyer on the other side of the room.

Again, I don't think anyone wants to deny a legitimately disabled person some benefits but when the government doesn't saddle up for any of the claims, it looks as though people are taking advantage. Especially in the red states.

And it's common knowledge red states take from the federal government for welfare and programs like SSA disability while blue states pay in more than they take. In other words the blue states are funding the people in red states to be lazy. And now this comes out that shows people in the red states get on disability and their families never get off it.

The exact opposite of what conservatives claim every day. THEY are the lazy ones that need to get jobs and stop taking a handout from the 'gubment'.

Except the flaw in your argument (and this topic) is states don't get welfare--people get welfare. To think that everybody in a red state is conservative is as ridiculous to think everybody in a blue state is a liberal:

View attachment 130581
shhhhhh, you're giving them facts.

Meanwhile, SNAP, TANF, WIC, section 8, even if they are utilized by people who can't work (Children, the disabled) or people who work and don't make enough to make ends meet, are looked down upon.

I lovingly refer to the former groups as "White People Welfare", the kind of welfare that white folks are okay with, because people they know receive them.

No, you refer to White People Welfare because you are a self-hating white person with race paranoia.
he goes to the mirror everyday and goes... D'OH! I'm still white.

Microsoft's headquarters in Washington state.

"Headquartered sure...but Microsoft employs several thousand at their Silicon Valley campus...resulting in big Econ gains for CA."
microsoft-campus-air-handler-fault-tech-retrocommissioning-rcx-low-cost-energy-savings-kw-engineering-silicon-valley.png

Income taxes are what supports our government and government systems. All other taxes go to support other things; things you get from the government or will get after you retire.

Um. No. In fact, Individual Income taxes are less than 50% of Federal revenues.

revenue_pie%2C__2015_enacted.png

It doesn't matter what people have. When you go to Wendy's for a hamburger, do they ask you what you make a year or do they charge you the same amount of money as they do the poor guy behind you? Many working pay no income tax at all. The wealthy are the people that almost entirely support our federal government and all the goodies they hand out to people. The wealthy pay way too much as it is. But greedy people like you want them to pay even more.

Here's the thing. The 10% who have 70% of the wealth did not do 70% of the labor to create that wealth. So they really did steal that from the person behind the counter at Wendy's.

Seriously, fuck the rich.

No, you use this tactic when you are cornered and have no rebuttal. You've done it several times already.

yes, when you don't understand something that was pretty clearly explained, i have to conclude you are either stupid or feigning ignorance.

That's your job and most jobs. Driving a CDL vehicle requires you to take physicals every two years, or in my case, every year. When government keeps increasing the qualifications to drive and you can't meet those qualifications, you are limited to the jobs they allow you to apply for, or will stop you from working altogether. It depends on what kind of nonsense bureacurats dream up year to year.

Okay, that sounds pretty reasonable. Sorry, if you are barrelling down the highway at 65 MPH in an 18 wheeler, I want you to have the physical capabilities to be able to react to an emergency if I am on that same highway with my little Ford Focus. So do most people.

You see, it wasn't too bad a few years back. They allowed you to have your doctor qualify you if whether you could drive or not based on your medical condition. But like always, government fucks things up as usual, so now I have to have my physicals done by a government approved doctor; a doctor that doesn't treat my condition nor has any knowledge of it. What doctor wants to give you a medical waiver for an illness he or she doesn't treat? That's the stupidity of your federal government. No doctor wants to risk their liability by giving you a pass on an illness they haven't followed. Your own doctor, yes, because your doctor is familiar with your history and the treatment they've provided, but not a complete stranger.

Actually, let me offer a counter. Your doctor works for you, and he'll tell you what you want to hear. A government doctor is going to be objective about what you can and can't do. If you can't stop the truck when it's sliding on the ice, that's a danger to everyone else on that highway.

But here's the thing. You've known you've had this condition for years, and you made no effort to get new training to find another line of work.

Why would I look for a new line of work when my condition was never a treat to my work?

You made my point for me. A strange government doctor doesn't know my condition therefore reluctant to issue a waiver. It's a liability he doesn't want to take and I can't blame him. But I can blame the government for changing the regulations so that I can't work even though I can, and my personal doctor knows this.

This is why government should be in charge of as little as possible; because they are way too incompetent to be involved in our lives.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

"Headquartered sure...but Microsoft employs several thousand at their Silicon Valley campus...resulting in big Econ gains for CA."

In most places, that looks like your average high school campus.

That doesn't change the fact that California is up to its ears in debt and has unfunded mandates out the wazoo. They will be lucky not to go bankrupt before kicking the libs out of the state capital.

Forum List

Back