1 million people die due to economy being closed down

The very simple solution is to give the PEOPLE income replacement until this thing is over. The AMERICAN economy is a killer because there is no hope for working people. This isn't happening in the rest of the world.

Low wages, no health insurance, dependent on government handouts, no worker protections. Time to have a PEOPLE CENTRED government instead of the corporatist agenda which favours people over companies.

People need more than income to survive and to thrive. They need work, they need to be useful and productive, they need to have social interaction. Writing them a check and locking them into their homes indefinitely isn't going to work.

FFS. Nobody has been locked into their homes. You freaks just cannot have an honest discussion.
We are locked in my home, except for when we unlock the door and go out somewhere.

I forget that Americans keep their doors locked. We don't do that in Canada. My door is unlocked all day. We don't fear our neighbours.

I live in a wingnutty part of a purple state where every conspiracy theory is taken seriously. I have no choice but to lock my door.

The very simple solution is to give the PEOPLE income replacement until this thing is over. The AMERICAN economy is a killer because there is no hope for working people. This isn't happening in the rest of the world.

Low wages, no health insurance, dependent on government handouts, no worker protections. Time to have a PEOPLE CENTRED government instead of the corporatist agenda which favours people over companies.

People need more than income to survive and to thrive. They need work, they need to be useful and productive, they need to have social interaction. Writing them a check and locking them into their homes indefinitely isn't going to work.
DragonLady is not even an American yet she wants to tell us what to do

There's going to be a new normal as a sizeable chunk of the population is going to continue to limit their spending and shopping. And that's when the economy is fully open. I've talked to several business owners who expect 70 percent at most when things open up. They say that's the new reality
70% is not enough to support the wipe-every-nose welfare system that liberals are so fond of

it could mean no more food stamps for welfare bums

and a new Grapes of Wraith return to having to work for a living

I live in the best country to live in in the world - 2 years running. Your country didn't even make the top 10.

Canada and the USA both had their first cases on the same day. We went with the WHO test and tested everybody getting off a plane from China and Europe. We have more "closed cases" than "active cases", and we've started re-opening our economy, nationwide. You've deciding how many people you're prepared to let die to save your economy. Our infection rate is less than half of yours, and our death rate is 1/3 of the USA.

We paid our workers $2000 a month to stay at home, and haven't done anything for corporations, but we will. Our economy isn't cratering, and our businesses aren't going bankrupt.

So by all means continue to do things as you have been doing them. It's all working so well for you.

This Economy is a Real Killer

This article is just for you Lefty's. It is from the all mighty Huffington post back in 2009. It says that research shows for every 1% of unemployment we have about 47,000 deaths from such things as suicide and alcoholism, etc. So today I heard the unemployment rate is up to 20%. Doing the math, that means around 1 million Americans will die due to the economic shut down.

How many have died from Covid again?

Naturally, when and if they do die, the press won't report it as such. They will all just be swept under the rug.

The marxist rodents always fall back in their own shit. They'll carefully craft an article to promote their twisted agenda for that moment in time, and then literally forget there's an internet that captures and archives their idiocy.

Yes, millions have died or suffered from this Kung Flu charade. The domestic abuse and child abuse is off-the-charts. The marxists don't care. To these soulless fucks, life is cheap and to be politicized . You're just an insignificant unit of the State.... hmm?

Everything the Dim shitstains touch dies.

Forum List

Back