1 More Same-Sex/Gay Marriage Thread in the Politics Forum

Why not? What do you think about the politics of Same-Sex/Gay Marriage?

Should we have Civil Unions for same-sex couples and Marriage for opposite-sex couples? Should we have separate but equal?

Demand Pink Crow Laws Now!

Dante, I'm really drunk now I don't know if the local liquor store can take all these threads :redface:

Is there a 3 hour time difference? If so we are sympatico

Should we have Civil Unions for same-sex couples and Marriage for opposite-sex couples? Should we have separate but equal?

This is so gay...

Light another Fairy Up for Captain Obvious! :lol:

The funny thing about the obvious is how few people have a grasp of it. Maybe we need a better word for "obvious." :doubt:

Dante, I'm really drunk now I don't know if the local liquor store can take all these threads :redface:

Is there a 3 hour time difference? If so we are sympatico

We are :cool:

Who gives a flying fuck about any of this? There's way more important things going in the world than gays getting married.

dante, dante, dante....

polygamy exists

you just screwed your own argument up, again.

i can't believe you still think a slippery slope argument is the same thing as a straw man.

incests exists too. Polygamy is illegal and the conversation and legal battles are about the legality of same-sex marriage, and whether the state will recognize same-sex marriages, not whether same-sex marriages exist. Gays have been getting married in religious ceremonies since the 1970s as far as I know.

ok. what is your point and how does this post explain how you don't know the difference between a straw man argument and a slippery slope argument?

dante, dante, dante....

polygamy exists

you just screwed your own argument up, again.

i can't believe you still think a slippery slope argument is the same thing as a straw man.

incests exists too. Polygamy is illegal and the conversation and legal battles are about the legality of same-sex marriage, and whether the state will recognize same-sex marriages, not whether same-sex marriages exist. Gays have been getting married in religious ceremonies since the 1970s as far as I know.

ok. what is your point and how does this post explain how you don't know the difference between a straw man argument and a slippery slope argument?

fact is knowing the differences between two distinct logical fallacies, and knowing how to spot them when two or more are used in conjunction with each other...

poor yurt, butt hurt again

Straw Man argument

An argument similar to reductio ad absurdum often seen in polemical debate is the straw man logical fallacy. A straw man argument attempts to refute a given proposition by showing that a slightly different or inaccurate form of the proposition (the "straw man") is absurd or ridiculous, relying on the audience not to notice that the argument does not actually apply to the original proposition. For example:

Politician A: "We should not serve schoolchildren sugary desserts with lunch and further worsen the obesity epidemic by doing so."
Politician B: "What, do you want our children to starve?"

you're an idiot. he did present a straw man argument. he never claimed anyone said polygamy would be next. he made that statement, thus, it was not a straw man. at best you could say it is the slippery slope argument.

it actually is a good point.
"polygamy will be next"

When a discussion is about same-sex marriages? You do not comprehend as much as you imagine you do.

Or..."what about four year olds marrying next?"

you're an idiot. he did present a straw man argument. he never claimed anyone said polygamy would be next. he made that statement, thus, it was not a straw man. at best you could say it is the slippery slope argument.

it actually is a good point.
"polygamy will be next"

When a discussion is about same-sex marriages? You do not comprehend as much as you imagine you do.

Do you have a link to that quote or are you lying, again?

fact is knowing the differences between two distinct logical fallacies, and knowing how to spot them when two or more are used in conjunction with each other...

poor yurt, butt hurt again

dumb dante diarrhea

"polygamy will be next"

Do you have a link to that quote or are you lying, again?

It's not an exact quote...it's an example of a straw man argument...just like the one Dante gave.

Are you still butt hurt?

dumb dante....i've already responded to your sissy call out thread

fail

Forum List

Back