1 term limit for President

No, I think that 2 terms is a good amount of time.

If you want to impose term limits, put them on Representatives and Senators. They need to be limited to no more than 10 years and then retired.

• Banned

If you want to impose term limits, put them on Representatives and Senators. They need to be limited to no more than 10 years and then retired.
Them too but I still like the 1 term limit for President. People were happy when the 2-term limit amendment passed, they'll be even happier with a 1-term.

One term isnt very long for a POTUS to pass an agenda.
That would mean, less bullshit and less cliches on the campaign trail. Probably less laws..
I like it
I will add, i think term limits are a band aid that loses sight on the actual problem. The voters.
Butt fuck it

Them too but I still like the 1 term limit for President. People were happy when the 2-term limit amendment passed, they'll be even happier with a 1-term.

No doubt you would want to change the limit when a Democrat gets in there.

I want Trump for 2 terms, 7 more years of the left suffering and writhing in pain then maybe they will give up on being liberal.

• Banned

Nope. Law can go in place in 2024 if you want (though it's laughable to think Trump will win in 2020)

Nope. Law can go in place in 2024 if you want (though it's laughable to think Trump will win in 2020)

If Trump wins in 2020 there could be a mass extinction on the left.

The unintended (negative) consequences of the 22nd Amendment, a ‘solution’ in search of a ‘problem’ that didn’t exist.

Republicans rushed the Amendment into the Constitution out of a fear of another FDR – and screwed themselves when Reagan became president.

The people – as represented by their respective states – have the right to have whomever they wish to be president for as long as they wish.

Indeed, we already have term limits: they’re called elections.

Well, I know some of us will be laughing....still.

If Obama had been limited to 1 term, and Trump could only serve 1 term, how much happier would people be

Anybody who is elected is basically a rookie. There are no college courses to take to become a United States President. So you learn on the job.

I'm sure it takes a year or so before you really get into the swing of things. You have to create a lot of new relationships--particularly with foreign dignitaries. You have to assemble your cabinet and weed out your bad choices as time goes on. Then during the last year, you focus much of your energy on getting reelected.

If you make it to a second term, you have all the time and experience you need to perform the job better than ever.

I can't see having a lame duck President every four years.

Not to mention how laughable it was to think he’d win the first time. In a strange twist of irony... I don’t hear too many leftists laughing...

If Obama had been limited to 1 term, and Trump could only serve 1 term, how much happier would people be

Anybody who is elected is basically a rookie. There are no college courses to take to become a United States President. So you learn on the job.

I'm sure it takes a year or so before you really get into the swing of things. You have to create a lot of new relationships--particularly with foreign dignitaries. You have to assemble your cabinet and weed out your bad choices as time goes on. Then during the last year, you focus much of your energy on getting reelected.

If you make it to a second term, you have all the time and experience you need to perform the job better than ever.

Then they should do even better in their 3rd, 4th, and 5th terms, no?

Yeah, as it was in 2016. Hillary in a landslide.

Then they should do even better in their 3rd, 4th, and 5th terms, no?

Sure, I would think so, but it depends on the integrity of the individual. The problem with our Congress and Senate is that they get polluted as time goes on, even if they went into national politics with good intent. The way our election system is, we can never have a clean sweep because there are always swamp people that will influence and pressure any good people.

Shoot..............when I was in the military, it was said that you only had 2 to 3 productive years at any given command. Why? Because it took you 6 months to learn where everything was and who to use for your connections, you spend 2 to 3 years being productive, and then you spent the next 6 months working yourself out of a job and training your replacement.

The presidency is that on steroids.

Forum List

Back