10 Reasons The Left Will Eventually Ban 'Blazing Saddles' (It'll Happen)

My favorite part of Blazing Saddles:

Last edited by a moderator:
Breitbarts writer makes 10 excellent points why the left will have excuses to ban the movie or savagely censor the movie. I agree with him on all points. I didn't know 'Song of the South' was out of market.

10 Reasons to Believe the Left Will Eventually Ban 'Blazing Saddles'
I'm a Liberal and somewhat of a film buff. I own a DVD copy of Disney's Song of the South, so that's either an editorial oversight or a blatant lie (take your pick, both cast doubts over the veracity of the article).

Disney has never released Song of the South on DVD. You might have it as a bootleg or bought it overseas or something, but the last time Disney put Song of the South out in the US was on VHS or Laserdisc.

I frigging love that movie, every last silly minute of it. The internet has made banning things worse than useless anymore, Mel brooks should lead the charge, it would make him another pile of cash.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Z_JOGmXpe5I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Z_JOGmXpe5I[/ame]

"Hold it men. He's not bluffing."

Last edited:
Breitbarts writer makes 10 excellent points why the left will have excuses to ban the movie or savagely censor the movie. I agree with him on all points. I didn't know 'Song of the South' was out of market.

10 Reasons to Believe the Left Will Eventually Ban 'Blazing Saddles'
I'm a Liberal and somewhat of a film buff. I own a DVD copy of Disney's Song of the South, so that's either an editorial oversight or a blatant lie (take your pick, both cast doubts over the veracity of the article).

Disney has never released Song of the South on DVD. You might have it as a bootleg or bought it overseas or something, but the last time Disney put Song of the South out in the US was on VHS or Laserdisc.

It's readily available by less than official means.

I frigging love that movie, every last silly minute of it. The internet has made banning things worse than useless anymore, Mel brooks should lead the charge, it would make him another pile of cash.

and you don't think that anyone will try to control internet content ?

and you don't think that anyone will try to control internet content ?

You don't know a lot about the internet do you? Attempting to censor content is the same as a call for something to be mirrored and spread far and wide, there are entire online communities (most are somewhere between liberal and anarchist) devoted to the activity of making censorship futile.

Great movie. Classic. Why would I want to ban something that I like? The op is an idiot. Fail.

Why PETA wants to ban Blazing Saddles

2lv042d.gif

Absolutely no excuse for that scene. The horse was put down later.

Horses are cheap and many are killed and maimed in making movies. Horses have been driven off cliffs and left to die slowly at the bottom. They've had bombs exploded under their saddles and thousands have been killed slowly and cruelly in war movies.

I believe the record for dead and maimed horses is still held by the Man From Snowy River.

It has gotten a lot better though, largely because animal activists, such as PETA, worked tirelessly to change it.

Why PETA wants to ban Blazing Saddles

2lv042d.gif

Absolutely no excuse for that scene. The horse was put down later.

Horses are cheap and many are killed and maimed in making movies. Horses have been driven off cliffs and left to die slowly at the bottom. They've had bombs exploded under their saddles and thousands have been killed slowly and cruelly in war movies.

I believe the record for dead and maimed horses is still held by the Man From Snowy River.

It has gotten a lot better though, largely because animal activists, such as PETA, worked tirelessly to change it.

Did the horse really get punched in Blazing Saddles

where have you been? The Song of the South has been out of circulation since the 1970's, and Disney has never released it to VHS or any other home viewing format.

While Blazing Saddles has some outrageous humor in it, and a few things that are a bit dated (the gay chorus line scene would never be shot today), there's really no one insisting it be banned.

I'm not going through the whole thread. Has anyone explained satire yet?

If you own a VHS or DVD copy of Blazing Saddles please do not disclose that on this forum.

Remember, Obama's NSA is monitoring and you could find a SWAT team breaking down your door bent on confiscation!

I wish that were a joke.....

I wish......

If you own a VHS or DVD copy of Blazing Saddles please do not disclose that on this forum.

Remember, Obama's NSA is monitoring and you could find a SWAT team breaking down your door bent on confiscation!

I wish that were a joke.....

I wish......

Oh yeah...they did that with guns didn't they? Oh wait; no they didn't.

More redneck hysteria from you loons

Forum List

Back