100,000 expected at Trump's Tulsa Rally--many have already arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy, Redneck Woodstock!
Don't be jealous that Biden can't draw a crowd.
There's only one crowd that counts and I din't see that crowd falling for Trump's BS again.
Instead they will fall in with the cult of dementia? I think given a choice the silent majority will stay away from the Alzheimer's patient.
In fact I think more will vote against BIden then voted against Hillary

As I predicted, the Tulsa rally has turned into a circus already, with 100,000 expected to arrive, between fans hoping for a seat and Trump protesters converging on Tulsa. 80,000 of them are going to be outside during the worst Covid spike Oklahoma has seen. People were already camping outside the arena on Thursday in order to get a good spot. The mayor has imposed a curfew from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. beginning last night in a 36 block area around the BOK Center. The campers outside are being moved out as well. The mayor said he has received information from the Tulsa Police Department and other law enforcement agencies "that shows that individuals from organized groups who have been involved in destructive or violent behavior in other states are planning to travel to the City of Tulsa for purposes of causing unrest in and around the rally."

Of course, Trump is loving it: “Big crowds and lines already forming in Tulsa,” Trump tweeted Friday morning, hours after the curfew went into effect.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Big crowds and lines already forming in Tulsa. My campaign hasn’t started yet. It starts on Saturday night in Oklahoma!
https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1273980887735173121
10:08 AM - Jun 19, 2020

He also issued this warning: "Any protesters, anarchists, agitators, looters or lowlifes who are going to Oklahoma please understand, you will not be treated like you have been in New York, Seattle, or Minneapolis. It will be a much different scene!"

Trump supporters began lining up outside the BOK Center days in advance of the rally.

"Sacrificing a week of our lives is nothing for what Trump has done for us," Robin Stites, who arrived on Monday to secure the No. 2 place in line, told the The Oklahoman earlier this week.

Let's keep in mind, this largest gathering in Tulsa history is happening in the middle of the worst Covid outbreak Oklahoma has had so far.: 450 new positive cases reported since Wednesday. This is the largest increase since the state's first positive case was reported on March 6. The Trump campaign is not requiring masks. Someone took them to court to make them at least enforce that, but the decision is not made yet, apparently. The campaign at least has no wish to require the masks they are going to hand out be worn. From the pics I've seen of the folks waiting outside, most are not. And I'm guessing they're not having their temps taken or getting hand sanitizer from the campaign out there, either.

Maybe the police, with their headsup and no doubt with lots of help from the Secret Service, can keep this thing under control as far as violence, but none of them can do anything about the Germ. This is a super breeding ground of the Virus and it is dangerous to the people who attend and those they have contact with afterward. I cannot recall a President making a more irresponsible and ill thought out decision. This is clear mismanagement of Covid, and I hope I'm totally wrong about all of this, but it's not looking good.

The COVID narrative is over. It was dead when you and your ilk celebrated thousands of people in the streets looting and burning everything in sight.

Give it up.

The COVID narrative is over. It was dead when you and your ilk celebrated thousands of people in the streets looting and burning everything in sight.
Sorry to tell you, but looting and burning didn't eradicate the Germ. It's still infecting and killing people, INCLUDING IN TULSA.

during the worst Covid spike Oklahoma has seen.

You keep hearing this clap-trap over & over again...but they never give the numbers.

What? Did the numbers of infected DOUBLE from 4 people to 8?

The democrats are in utter panic over this rally doing & saying ANYTHING to shut it down...but it ain't gonna work :banana:
450 new cases yesterday. Close to 2000 active cases statewide. Do you WANT the numbers? I can hook you up to the Tulsa County Health site.

during the worst Covid spike Oklahoma has seen.

You keep hearing this clap-trap over & over again...but they never give the numbers.

What? Did the numbers of infected DOUBLE from 4 people to 8?

The democrats are in utter panic over this rally doing & saying ANYTHING to shut it down...but it ain't gonna work :banana:

1592598864573.png

Sorry to tell you, but looting and burning didn't eradicate the Germ. It's still infecting and killing people, INCLUDING IN TULSA.
The point is that when millions of people crowded together for Black Lives Matter protests, Democrats, liberals and other lowlife leftists didn't seem worried and still don't about the likelihood of a covid19 outbreak but now that Republicans will congregate you are all in a tizzy over it.

The Oklahoma Supreme Court has made it's decision on the rally: The attendees are not required to wear masks or maintain social distancing at the rally. The Court said it was recommended, not required, in the state's reopening plan. However, the state's health director points out that the recent spike in new cases includes many from large indoor events since the reopening.

All systems go!

Funny how you are so worried about a Trump rally yet not a single word about how bad it was that protesters, rioters and looters were standing side by side without masks. Funny that you are not as worried about those in CHAZ or CHOP or whatever it is called now.
But you were oh so worried about those that were protesting when they wanted to go back to work.
I am starting to wonder that you know that Biden is in trouble.
I keep hearing this argument over and over, so I'll reply to it here, to all that have raised it:
There is one BIG difference, which all of you are insisting to ignore:
The President of the United States INVITED this. He purposely organized, planned and mailed tickets to it with no cap on the # that might show up, and knowing full well that there would be counter protests --in light of what's ha ppened the past three weeks, are you kidding that he is setting up a situation that could easily explode?

If he wasn't aware of the Covid #'s in Oklahoma, I'm sure someone told him.

I know you'd all like to keep mum on this point because you all know damned well how irresponsible it is. It's a whole lot better to deflect to the evil protesters again. But Trump has made a big public health blunder here. This rally is arranged so there will be any number of unmasked, unmonitored folks outside the facility, in droves.
Disease. Violence. What a genius plan!!!

And governors endorsed the rioting in the states. We have mayors letting their cities be taken over by protesters. No bitching by the left, no bitching about protesters and counter protesters, no worry about a damn virus. how is this different? Violence and the virus, nothing has changed other than the side putting on the event. I'm at the point of who gives a crap? I have come to loathe both parties and those ignorant humans that vote for them. We need real change and real leadership, the GOP gives us Trump and the Democrats give us Biden. I see no leadership for at least four years.

The point is that when millions of people crowded together for Black Lives Matter protests, Democrats, liberals and other lowlife leftists didn't seem worried and still don't about the likelihood of a covid19 outbreak but now that Republicans will congregate you are all in a tizzy over it.
Epidemiologists and public health officials were warning about it. No one listened, just like you guys aren't listening. So what?

Epidemiologists and public health officials were warning about it. No one listened, just like you guys aren't listening. So what?
Democrats were not concerned about the health threat from the protests because they thought they saw some political advantage in it they could exploit, but now that they think Republicans might gain something from the rally, they pretend to be concerned.

The Oklahoma Supreme Court has made it's decision on the rally: The attendees are not required to wear masks or maintain social distancing at the rally. The Court said it was recommended, not required, in the state's reopening plan. However, the state's health director points out that the recent spike in new cases includes many from large indoor events since the reopening.

All systems go!

Why is it so damn important now and not important last week? Two weeks ago we said in two weeks with the protests that many areas would see spikes in the coronavirus because of the riots and protests. Now it is only this week anyone is now concerned?

We have mayors letting their cities be taken over by protesters.
You mean one mayor, Seattle? Can we please not exaggerate?
Six blocks does not the city of Seattle make, either.

We have mayors endorsing the riots, LA, SF, Minneapolis, Atlanta and on and on. I stated two weeks ago we would see a rise in corona numbers because of the protests and I am now shown to be right.

We have mayors letting their cities be taken over by protesters.
You mean one mayor, Seattle? Can we please not exaggerate?
Six blocks does not the city of Seattle make, either.

It depends if the group has taken over your six blocks, you want to send them an invite to take over your home? I doubt it, just as many of the residents don't want their neighborhoods taken over.

450 new cases yesterday. Close to 2000 active cases statewide. Do you WANT the numbers? I can hook you up to the Tulsa County Health site.

Yes please.

How many hospitalized at the peak Vs. how many hospitalized right now? State wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back