100,000 people shot in the US per year! Good guy saving lives?

5,625,000 people get bullied with guns by current or former romantic partner. An estimated 4.5 million of those are women being bullied with guns by abusive partners.

America’s gun homicide rate is 25 times higher than those in other comparable nations.

500,000 guns are stolen every year.

Wow, I didn't know that. I guess what you're saying is we really need to arm up in this country.

Chicago is the center of gun violence and has very strict Gun Laws. So what's causing this Lib Democrat run city's high murder rate? What exactly is the mayor doing to stem the flow of murders?

Total bullshit. Chicago don't rank in the top 15 violent homicide crime cities. St. Louis is the worst & they have the least restrictive gun laws in the country & the highest number of police per resident of any city except DC. The problem are the cops who only police for profit by ignoring destitute violent thieves & heavily ticketing home owners & people driving vehicles.

The police costing more than the criminals.

Hey....dipshit....the mayors of St. Louis have been exclusively democrats since 1953......

Mayor of St. Louis - Wikipedia

St Louis has more guns per person & no gun restrictions. Policing for profit is the cause of high crime.
Non-Fatal-Shootings.png

Five-Year-Murder-Rates.png

Look at that list of cities.......almost every single one is controlled by democrats.........and the ones with the absolute worst record....all democrat......I wonder what the common thread to violent crime is?

100,000 people are shot in the USA every year!

How many were shot by a good guy with a gun saving lives?

The only good guys / hero's are the the people saving more & more lives of gunshot victims thereby reducing the murder rate. Gee I wonder why medical cost keep rising?

The 'good guy saving lives' thing is a fallacy. All these concealed carry dorks are modern day Barney Fifes, each with their one bullet in their pocket to save the day for Andy. Only it rarely happens. But they loooove to talk like they are modern day minutemen who save frightened women from Dastardly Dan who wants to tie them to the railroad tracks.

"I'll save you Nell."

Too funny.

The only good guys / hero's are the the people saving more & more lives of gunshot victims thereby reducing the murder rate. Gee I wonder why medical cost keep rising?

The 'good guy saving lives' thing is a fallacy. All these concealed carry dorks are modern day Barney Fifes, each with their one bullet in their pocket to save the day for Andy. Only it rarely happens. But they loooove to talk like they are modern day minutemen who save frightened women from Dastardly Dan who wants to tie them to the railroad tracks.

"I'll save you Nell."

Too funny.

You have no idea what you are talking about...you talk out of your ass, and pretend to know what you are saying......Americans use their legally owned and carried guns on average 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent criminals and to stop mass public shooters...there would be more, but morons like you have made almost every public space a gun free zone for good guys....which means when these shootings happen, the good guys had to leave their guns at home or in their cars.....and even then, we still have good guys who manage to stop these killers.....

"I'll save you Nell."

Too funny.

In fact...dipshit.....when the democrat party member, the bernie sanders supporter tried to murder the members of the Republican baseball team, several of those team members had concealed carry permits...but because of D.C. gun laws, they were unarmed at the time of the attack...and only the amazing luck that Scalise was there were they saved. He is a member of the House leadership team and gets police protection...without that lucky occurrence, since he didn't always attend practice, they would now be dead...because of your policies...

"I'll save you Nell."

Too funny.

The reason you don't know about citizens using firearms to save the day is because it's only locally reported if that. The MSM doesn't want to give armed citizens anymore credit than they have to.

If you would like, I'll dig out many of the stories I have about armed citizens saving their lives or the lives of others. As for Barney Fife's, you don't have to be a trained police officer to stop a crime, no different than you don't have to be a trained firefighter to rescue somebody from a burning building or a lifeguard to save a person from drowning.

The report, written by Crime Prevention Research Center president John Lott, notes that it is "very rare for permit holders to violate the law" and compares the crimes committed by permit holders to police officers and the general population. The police committed 103 crimes per 100,000 officers, while the general population committed 3,813 per 100,000 people, 37 times as much as the police crime rate.

And yet, the same metric shows an even lower crime rate for permit holders.

"Combining the data for Florida and Texas data, we find that permit holders are convicted of misdemeanors and felonies at less than a sixth the rate for police officers," Lott writes. "Among police, firearms violations occur at a rate of 16.5 per 100,000 officers. Among permit holders in Florida and Texas, the rate is only 2.4 per 100,000.10 That is just 1/7th of the rate for police officers. But there's no need to focus on Texas and Florida — the data are similar in other states."

Report: Concealed Carry Permit Holders Are The Most Law-Abiding People In The Country

"I'll save you Nell."

Too funny.
People who carry concealed firearms have absolutely no obligation to "save lives". You should be happy that the millions of private citizens who carry are not running around playing cops.

"I'll save you Nell."

Too funny.
People who carry concealed firearms have absolutely no obligation to "save lives". You should be happy that the millions of private citizens who carry are not running around playing cops.

What he doesn't understand is that even if you don't carry a weapon, having laws that allow us to make him safer since the criminals have no idea if you are armed or not. At least in my state, women are now outnumbering men in new CCW permits, and that's a great thing. After all, if an ex boyfriend or husband wants to get even with a woman, those restraining orders don't mean crap. A gun? Now that's something he would have to think about before an attack.

"I'll save you Nell."

Too funny.

You have no idea what you are talking about...you talk out of your ass, and pretend to know what you are saying......Americans use their legally owned and carried guns on average 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent criminals and to stop mass public shooters...there would be more, but morons like you have made almost every public space a gun free zone for good guys....which means when these shootings happen, the good guys had to leave their guns at home or in their cars.....and even then, we still have good guys who manage to stop these killers.....

Wow, a bullshit poll asking gun carriers if they stopped crime. That is a purely subjective polling question. Both sides of an argument almost always believe they are right. Do you really expect the person who pulled the gun to say he was wrong? That is why others like juries decide guilt. Plus many pro gun people will lie to pollsters anyhow to bolster their position.

Bottom line is very few criminals are stopped by armed citizens, but millions of gun owners threaten innocent people.

"I'll save you Nell."

Too funny.

Wow, a bullshit poll asking gun carriers if they stopped crime. That is a purely subjective polling question. Both sides of an argument almost always believe they are right. Do you really expect the person who pulled the gun to say he was wrong? That is why others like juries decide guilt. Plus many pro gun people will lie to pollsters anyhow to bolster their position.

Bottom line is very few criminals are stopped by armed citizens, but millions of gun owners threaten innocent people.
in fact millions of legal gun owners will never threaten anyone.

"I'll save you Nell."

Too funny.

A very vivid imagination you have.

"I'll save you Nell."

Too funny.

Other than your irrational fear, how do millions of gun owners threaten innocent people? Just by existing, right? Not a true threat.

"I'll save you Nell."

Too funny.

Yeah, but no...you don't know what you are talking about....this is the research, by different researchers over a 40 year period, both government and private researchers doing separate studies over different time periods....and all of your critics of this type of research has been addressed and your points are wrong.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research are highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Wait a minute, how do you think all polls are conducted? You guys jump up and down clapping your hands when you see polls saying America doesn't approve of Trump or we need a cleaner environment, but dare somebody survey people on using their firearm, it's subjective and prone to inaccurate answers by the participants.

Wait a minute, how do you think all polls are conducted? You guys jump up and down clapping your hands when you see polls saying America doesn't approve of Trump or we need a cleaner environment, but dare somebody survey people on using their firearm, it's subjective and prone to inaccurate answers by the participants.

It's not even the same thing. Polls asking 100,000 people if they like Trump / America, etc is shown in percentages of YES vs NO like 33% vs 66%. At least 10% on each side LIE canceling most of the liars out, creating a ~3% error margin.

Polls asking 100,000 pro gun people who carry guns if they used a gun to scare someone who didn't like them will get a very high number of yes answers. Assume the same 10% lie you get 10,000 YES extrapolated out to population gives you 32 million YES. But asking a gun carry person that question will get far more than normal percent pro gun lies. Plus they will never say they were unjustified in pulling their weapon even if they were.

Poll people who had a gun pulled on them & most will say it was unjustified. Nearly every prisoner claim they are innocent. Just like nearly everyone who pulls a gun says it was justified.

Since less than 1% have ever pulled a gun on someone, there are very few who could lie saying they did not use a gun in self defense when they actually did.

Last edited:
It's not even the same thing. Polls asking 100,000 people if they like Trump / America, etc is shown in percentages of YES vs NO like 33% vs 66%. At least 10% on each side LIE canceling most of the liars out, creating a ~3% error margin.

Can you name me one poll that ever polled anywhere near 100,000 people?

Poll people who had a gun pulled on them & most will say it was unjustified. Nearly every prisoner claim they are innocent. Just like nearly everyone who pulls a gun says it was justified.

If it's not justified, then it's a criminal offense and should be reported. As my earlier post showed, CCW holders are the most law abiding citizens in this country. Why would any law abiding citizen pull a gun on anybody other than self-defense?

There are only two reasons to use a gun: to attack somebody or to defend yourself or others.

If it's not justified, then it's a criminal offense and should be reported. As my earlier post showed, CCW holders are the most law abiding citizens in this country. Why would any law abiding citizen pull a gun on anybody other than self-defense?

There are only two reasons to use a gun: to attack somebody or to defend yourself or others.

A large percent of CCW holders on this message board say they lie to pollsters. Less than 1% ever actually pulled a gun on someone in self defense. So very few could have actually pulled a gun on someone in self defense & said they did not.

In my 52 year life I have personally witnessed ~10 people other than police or suicides, pull a gun on someone and none were justified self defense.

Last edited:

A large percent of CCW holders on this message board say they lie to pollsters. Less than 1% ever actually pulled a gun on someone in self defense. So very few could have actually pulled a gun on someone in self defense & said they did not.

In my 52 year life I have personally witnessed ~10 people other than police or suicides, pull a gun on someone and none were justified self defense.

Hmmm, well I'm older than you and never personally seen a person pull a gun on anybody, and hell, I live in the eastern suburbs of Cleveland.

But if you want documented cases of CCW holders defending themselves, Google is loaded with them. These stories are barely locally reported yet alone national, so you don't know about them. Over here, they report the crime, but only one or two sentences within the story of the victim using a gun to stop the attack. After we passed the law, yes, it was big news when it happened. But now it happens so often it's barely worth reporting.

People have this imaginary concept that if we made guns illegal in this country, the criminal would just give his up. Unfortunately, that's fantasy land. The criminal will never give up his illegal firearm.

Forum List

Back