100,000 people shot in the US per year! Good guy saving lives?

Yeah? I've shot up quite a few mobs of goats at ranges of 10 to 20 metres in the bush. They're a herd animal. A bolt action was enough, I don't think I ever had targets left by the time I'd emptied the magazine plus the one in the chamber. And yes, that means six dead goats in case you were wondering.

10 to 20 meters? The closest coyote I ever got was more like 100 yards. I worked to get that dog in that close.
a hundred yards or more

Yeah, usually a lot more. The 100 yard one came in from an area I was not expecting and I didn't have a good shot until he was close. I did some good calling that evening.

What do you mean by "Calling" for those of us who don't hunt, or cull coyotes? I am interested in what that entails...

At the time I was using a remote controlled electronic call and a mouth call. I would make the sound of coyote pups or wounded animals to lure in a coyote. Coyote are cagey animals. They have the eyesight of a turkey and the sense of smell of a whitetail deer. Overdo the calling and they will disappear. Especially the older ones.

Thanks......that is pretty interesting. I have a friend who is a hunter here in Illinois and he talks about how cagey wild turkeys are.....the stories are pretty funny...

coyotes are pack animals just sayin
Yeah? I've shot up quite a few mobs of goats at ranges of 10 to 20 metres in the bush. They're a herd animal. A bolt action was enough, I don't think I ever had targets left by the time I'd emptied the magazine plus the one in the chamber. And yes, that means six dead goats in case you were wondering.

10 to 20 meters? The closest coyote I ever got was more like 100 yards. I worked to get that dog in that close.
a hundred yards or more

Yeah, usually a lot more. The 100 yard one came in from an area I was not expecting and I didn't have a good shot until he was close. I did some good calling that evening.

What do you mean by "Calling" for those of us who don't hunt, or cull coyotes? I am interested in what that entails...
call them in

a hundred yards or more

At the time I was using a remote controlled electronic call and a mouth call. I would make the sound of coyote pups or wounded animals to lure in a coyote. Coyote are cagey animals. They have the eyesight of a turkey and the sense of smell of a whitetail deer. Overdo the calling and they will disappear. Especially the older ones.

Overdo the calling and they will disappear.

yup

they are a curious though giving them just the hint that there is a wounded rabbit

draws them in

Why are Coyotes being shot?

Coyote are an invasive species in the eastern and southeastern US. In addition to dangers for livestock, pets and potentially children, they are doing serious harm to populations of ground nesting birds, many native species of mammals, and could well wipe out the Red Fox. (the Grey Fox will climb a tree, so they fare slightly better). When I moved to rural eastern Alabama in 2006, we would go hiking all over a valley (most pasture and open fields). In 2 years I only recall seeing one rabbit. When I moved away in 2012, I had never walked up a covey of quail or other ground bird. In 2010, I had rescued a dog that would run the coyote. She wasn't there 6 months and we stopped hearing them howl from close.

They don't do as much damage as feral hogs, but they are an invasive species that need to be controlled.

Why are Coyotes being shot?

beagle-killed-by-wolf.jpg

ps9QkpI.jpg

fl-west-boca-coyote-problem-folo-20150602

I have helped a friend of mine grow his business in Atlanta. He uses goats to clear overgrown areas all over the greater Atlanta area. His business is booming. But, in addition to 5 herds of goats, he has 11 dogs that stay with the herds to protect them from coyote. When he started he had 2 dogs and built up to 4 herds. His thinking was he would put the dog where it was needed. He lost several goats those first few years. He lost 2 yearlings doing a large area adjacent to the Georgia World Congress Center in downtown Atlanta. Coyote populations are exploding.

I have helped a friend of mine grow his business in Atlanta. He uses goats to clear overgrown areas all over the greater Atlanta area. His business is booming. But, in addition to 5 herds of goats, he has 11 dogs that stay with the herds to protect them from coyote. When he started he had 2 dogs and built up to 4 herds. His thinking was he would put the dog where it was needed. He lost several goats those first few years. He lost 2 yearlings doing a large area adjacent to the Georgia World Congress Center in downtown Atlanta. Coyote populations are exploding.

that goat rental thing is pretty neat and efficient

Sounds like a Saturday in Chicago.
More Fake Trump / Fox News! - Chicago doesn't even rank in the top 15 large cities gun murder per capita.
then why do they keep bitching that they have a problem that is caused by buying guns out of state where it's easier? if that "held water" then the ease of buying guns would contribute to the gun problem OF WHICH you seem to think they don't have.

when both sides of your mouth are engaged, only stupid can come out.

And because nowhere in the constitution does it say that conviction of a felony means you lose you right to bear arms, the day you are released from prison you are given your guns back, preferably cleaned and well oiled and ready for use.

According to this Repubtard it was good to give the violent criminal record Texas Church Shooter as many guns & bullets as he wanted.
If you are referring to the Southland Church shooting, a good civilian armed with an AR-15, shot the perpetrator.

that goat rental thing is pretty neat and efficient

It really is a pretty cool business. The hours can be rough, but I enjoyed every minute I have worked helping him.

100,000 people are shot in the USA every year!

How many were shot by a good guy with a gun saving lives?

The only good guys / hero's are the the people saving more & more lives of gunshot victims thereby reducing the murder rate. Gee I wonder why medical cost keep rising?
How many were negroes shooting negroes?

And because nowhere in the constitution does it say that conviction of a felony means you lose you right to bear arms, the day you are released from prison you are given your guns back, preferably cleaned and well oiled and ready for use.

According to this Repubtard it was good to give the violent criminal record Texas Church Shooter as many guns & bullets as he wanted.
If you are referring to the Southland Church shooting, a good civilian armed with an AR-15, shot the perpetrator.
But Willeford only had 4 bullets, because you don't ever need more than 10, so limit the guns to 15 rounds & non-replaceable magazines.

Last edited:

But Willeford only had 4 bullets, because you don't ever need more than 10, so limit the guns to 15 rounds & non-replaceable magazines.

WTF is a non-replicable magazine? If you can't replace it, then it's not a magazine at all.

The only good guys / hero's are the the people saving more & more lives of gunshot victims thereby reducing the murder rate. Gee I wonder why medical cost keep rising?

Come for my guns ;)

guess you never heard of speed loaders. they can reload 15 rounds in a fixed mag faster than you can swap out the mags.

guess you'll be banning those next.

WTF is a non-replicable magazine? If you can't replace it, then it's not a magazine at all.
i read one article that talked about the time needed to swap out a fixed magazine gun.

and they wonder why we fight them on their ban desires.

Come for my guns ;)
I don't want your POS guns. I have my own very nice guns.

Come for my guns ;)
I don't want your POS guns. I have my own very nice guns.

Good. It wouldn't end well for you.

Forum List

Back