100,000 people shot in the US per year! Good guy saving lives?

G.G.w.P.; "Good Guys with Guns Patrols". A public service in support of the Second Amendment, to illustrate what it's for, and that all the firearms serve some logical purpose. A positive action on the part of 'gun' enthusiasts, instead of simple intransigence and emotional bleating.

Accidents and some shooting are the price Americans pay to have our Freedoms Brian .
Absolutely. Other people's school kids is quite an acceptable price to pay for easy access to handguns and military style semi-automatic rifles. After all, they're other people's.

coyotes are pack animals just sayin
Yeah? I've shot up quite a few mobs of goats at ranges of 10 to 20 metres in the bush. They're a herd animal. A bolt action was enough, I don't think I ever had targets left by the time I'd emptied the magazine plus the one in the chamber. And yes, that means six dead goats in case you were wondering.

coyotes are pack animals just sayin
Yeah? I've shot up quite a few mobs of goats at ranges of 10 to 20 metres in the bush. They're a herd animal. A bolt action was enough, I don't think I ever had targets left by the time I'd emptied the magazine plus the one in the chamber. And yes, that means six dead goats in case you were wondering.

10 to 20 meters? The closest coyote I ever got was more like 100 yards. I worked to get that dog in that close.

Anything that fires a bullet can be used to hunt something. An MP 38 or Thompson could be used to hunt. There are more suited rifles.

I simply responded to the nonsense that ARs can't be used to hunt.
Of course they can be used to hunt, but they aren't as safe or as useful as bolt actions in most circumstances. Shooting for control off a ute or out of a helicopter is where they may have an advantage.

Even so, the question remains, would you rather have other people's school kids alive or easy access to ARs and three extra coyote?

Of course they can be used to hunt, but they aren't as safe or as useful as bolt actions in most circumstances. Shooting for control off a ute or out of a helicopter is where they may have an advantage.

Even so, the question remains, would you rather have other people's school kids alive or easy access to ARs and three extra coyote?

The idea that one particular gun is inherently evil is ridiculous. The AR is not some weapon of mass slaughter. There are just under 10k murders a year (on average) where a firearm is used. All rifles combined total around 300. Handguns account for exponentially more murders. But the hype over ARs with this "Why do you want to murder children?" bullshit is insanity.

I liked my AR. It was fun at the range, useful in removing coyote, and a very accurate rifle. I replaced it after a few years, not because of some nonsense about saving children, but because I was offered an excellent price for it. I bought my current varmint gun and optics with some cash leftover.

The idea that one particular gun is inherently evil is ridiculous. The AR is not some weapon of mass slaughter. There are just under 10k murders a year (on average) where a firearm is used. All rifles combined total around 300. Handguns account for exponentially more murders.

This is true, but they are scary looking, so that's what makes the snowflakes melt over this issue.

Good point, because if there are no AR's, then the mass shooter will change his mind about killing a bunch of kids in school and probably find a job or something to occupy his time.

The whole entire world agrees that america has a gun problem. Till you meet the gun nuts in the US and their idiotic explanations:

"Guns don't kill people"....Yes they do, other countries don't have them...hence they have less murders per capita.
"We need them to fight tyrannical government"....You telling me that you have a chance vs Tanks, Tomahawks and F35s ? LOL
"Is in our constitution" that piece of paper that was written 300 years ago? wake up we live in the 21st century, and your forefathers ain't god or Jesus.

The dumbest people ever assembled in one country are the gun lovers.

All these wonderful countries with free healthcare and no guns, but not one of you on the left will ever lift a finger to move to one of these great places.

The whole world agrees America has a gun problem? Great, then let the rest of the world STF out of our country. We like it just the way it is less the Democrats of course.

100,000 people are shot in the USA every year!

How many were shot by a good guy with a gun saving lives?

The only good guys / hero's are the the people saving more & more lives of gunshot victims thereby reducing the murder rate. Gee I wonder why medical cost keep rising?
Guns don't kill people. Liberals and crazy people with guns kill people. Guns can do nothing by themselves. They cannot jump up and shoot someone by themselves.
So why arm crazy people with guns?

Because most of the time nobody knows they are crazy until they kill people. Then comes the problem of who gets to decide who is crazy or not? We certainly can't trust the left to do that. Remember these are the same people who used the IRS and FBI to attack political opponents.

The whole entire world agrees that america has a gun problem. Till you meet the gun nuts in the US and their idiotic explanations:

"Guns don't kill people"....Yes they do, other countries don't have them...hence they have less murders per capita.
"We need them to fight tyrannical government"....You telling me that you have a chance vs Tanks, Tomahawks and F35s ? LOL
"Is in our constitution" that piece of paper that was written 300 years ago? wake up we live in the 21st century, and your forefathers ain't god or Jesus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- the above words that i quote are the words and thinking of an imported ' arab' of some type . He claims to be a ' berber' in some previous thread . ------------------------- they weren't YOUR ForeFathers Issa !!

All these wonderful countries with free healthcare and no guns, but not one of you on the left will ever lift a finger to move to one of these great places.

The whole world agrees America has a gun problem? Great, then let the rest of the world STF out of our country. We like it just the way it is less the Democrats of course.
---------------------------------------------- He is is an import , an arab , part of the imported 'fifth column' in the USA . Probably also a'muslim' !! See how he speaks of the USA Constitution .

Better check your numbers, unless you rely on Facebook for your news.
The first is data for deaths by guns, which is included in an annual report about deaths of all types during calendar year 2009. The numbers for gun deaths is broken down into several categories:

Suicide: 18,735 deaths
Homicide: 11,493 deaths
Unintentional: 554 deaths
Legal interventions: 333 deaths
Undetermined: 232 deaths

Total: 31,347 deaths

The second data set tracks non-fatal injuries by guns. According to the CDC, there were 73,505 non-fatal firearm injuries in 2010. (We will ignore an additional 13,851 non-fatal injuries from BB or pellet guns.)

How accurate is the Facebook post?

If you add together the gun deaths and the non-fatal gun injuries, you get 104,852 people shot in a year. That’s very close to the 1000,000 the Facebook post said.

So 99% were by criminal activity or by suicide.

What law do you propose that will make criminals obey laws, or suicidal individuals from not committing suicide?

You don’t give a crap, do you?

Forum List

Back