100 8th graders refuse to join class photo with Paul Ryan

I bet that if you asked them anything about him they could only say that he is a bad guy, or he's a Republican or, he wants to starve people-parroting teachers. If not, then, they will say they don't know.
Kids that age have no interest in politics.
I thought that this was still the land of the free and you could opt out of doing stuff like that as a demonstration of your right to free speech.

Forcing the kids is indoctrination. Allowing them to have a choice is freedom.

Being in a photo with Paul Ryan is indoctrination? Interesting take.

If this is the case maybe schools should not allow any political discussions as that would be indoctrination.

If the kids opted out...who really cares, kids are kids and reflect the narrow minded views of their parents. Lot of intolerant people in this world.

I bet that if you asked them anything about him they could only say that he is a bad guy, or he's a Republican or, he wants to starve people-parroting teachers. If not, then, they will say they don't know.
Kids that age have no interest in politics.
I thought that this was still the land of the free and you could opt out of doing stuff like that as a demonstration of your right to free speech.

Being in a photo with Paul Ryan is indoctrination? Interesting take.

If this is the case maybe schools should not allow any political discussions as that would be indoctrination.

If the kids opted out...who really cares, kids are kids and reflect the narrow minded views of their parents. Lot of intolerant people in this world.

At that age they mimic whoever influences.

Tell me how many 13-14 yr olds know who the rep or senator in their own state is, much less in another state far removed from their own and their positions on anything, without being told by someone else. Hormones are racing.
Actually, at that age they are starting to think for themselves.

Tell me how many 13-14 yr olds know who the rep or senator in their own state is, much less in another state far removed from their own and their positions on anything, without being told by someone else. Hormones are racing.

To tell you the truth, a lot more than you might think. I've spent a couple of weeks over the last little bit, and the kids that my cousin's daughter knows (I went to CO for her graduation) know quite a bit about politics, and a lot of them think that we are going in the wrong direction with Trump. And, hate to tell you but they are going to be voting in the next 2 elections.

18 yr olds is different, and it being Co, doesn't surprise me. I am around 5-16 yr olds all the time, and not one could tell me there own reps or senators. I have heard the 5 yr olds tell us who their teachers say are mean Presidential candidates, or good ones.

To tell you the truth, a lot more than you might think. I've spent a couple of weeks over the last little bit, and the kids that my cousin's daughter knows (I went to CO for her graduation) know quite a bit about politics, and a lot of them think that we are going in the wrong direction with Trump. And, hate to tell you but they are going to be voting in the next 2 elections.

Yea...like we don't force kids to go to school in the first place. Kids are forced to do a lot of things they hate.

It's funny how the a Dems try so hard every election to get out the "youth vote", and they never turn out in significant numbers. Dems certainly do need those young and dumb types though, many times it's their only chance of winning.

Forum List

Back