100 8th graders refuse to join class photo with Paul Ryan

You didn't realize the media were liars back then?
When have they never been?
No, that is the exact reason our country is so far out of control.

Loonies like you who believe that 14-year-old children should be taught ill manners and disrespect. No wonder they get to college and they can't live being exposed to other thoughts and ideas and cry for safe spaces.

They're 14, their hormones are raging and they don't have a clue about politics or which end is up.
I have a son that just passed 8th grade, and his debate team had several good debates on politics..

Debate team?
Not your typical high schoolers, are they?
The ones I knew sure weren't
My youngest was 8th grade class president, top 10%, only one to carry "A" honor roll entire year also.
So as his reward, he now has his own AR-15 and new seventeen hundred dollar gaming computer with a new office chair.His older brother gave him the rifle.

Wow! My kids would have adored you!
I think when mine got on the honor roll they got out of dinner dishes.
My eldest son got a trip to Russia when he did the same 20 years ago.

That's awesome!
I think I'd of been to chicken shit to let my kids do that.
Plus we were poor enough to eat dirt for dessert.
Ah the good ole days

When have they never been?
I have a son that just passed 8th grade, and his debate team had several good debates on politics..

Debate team?
Not your typical high schoolers, are they?
The ones I knew sure weren't
My youngest was 8th grade class president, top 10%, only one to carry "A" honor roll entire year also.
So as his reward, he now has his own AR-15 and new seventeen hundred dollar gaming computer with a new office chair.His older brother gave him the rifle.

Wow! My kids would have adored you!
I think when mine got on the honor roll they got out of dinner dishes.
My eldest son got a trip to Russia when he did the same 20 years ago.

That's awesome!
I think I'd of been to chicken shit to let my kids do that.
Plus we were poor enough to eat dirt for dessert.
Ah the good ole days
We was when I grew up..Our reward for hard work in school was getting a job after school.

I thought that this was still the land of the free and you could opt out of doing stuff like that as a demonstration of your right to free speech.

Forcing the kids is indoctrination. Allowing them to have a choice is freedom.
Indeed, their social studies teacher should give those who opted out an A+ for their field trip reports. Ryan is a do-nothing career politician in a do-nothing party.

I thought that this was still the land of the free and you could opt out of doing stuff like that as a demonstration of your right to free speech.

The indoctrination is coming from the left. Paul Ryan is the speaker of the house and that is an institution that should be respected regardless of who is in that position. This is a civics issue. I despise Barack Obama but I wouldn't turn down an offer to take a photo with him because he was the president.
The teacher of those students should give them an F for the day.

Actually, they chose to not appear in a picture with a politician that they disagree with. Some of the kids while they didn't agree with Ryan, still decided to take a picture with him, and others decided to opt out. Freedom of choice is what makes this country great, but I guess you are too blinded by partisan politics to see that.
This is teaching disrespect of our American institutions. Those children were wrong and the fucking teachers that don't give them an F are encouraging disrespect. When I was in school we had to learn the full name and birthday of Nixon and Kennedy. We weren't taught which one we should hate, which is what teachers do today. It's disgusting and we're going to lose our country and our freedom's because of this teaching of hate.

It's the result of union/dem/progressive teachers
This is the result of so-called politicians who are nothing but crooks and activists. Members of the "resistance", which really just means "I carry the water for my donors" and accept bribes from foreign government to undermine America. An education system that advises kids that communist virtues are a good thing and better for America than traditional American values.

It's sad indeed. I would hope the teacher would tell these kids they don't have a choice, or, make it so that there are consequences for not being in the photo, but then again it wouldn't surprise me if teachers condone and encourage such behavior, especially since these unions dislike Trump.

Some kid wants to get their 15 minutes of fame like one of their musical pop stars they are listening to in their current phase.

Very disrespectful, but keep it up, it's stories like this that keep us moderates and conservatives on our toes.

I happen to agree. However, opting out isn't just for those things you agree or disagree with.

I wonder what other things kids are forced to do while at our public schools.

Being in a photo with Paul Ryan is indoctrination? Interesting take.

If this is the case maybe schools should not allow any political discussions as that would be indoctrination.

If the kids opted out...who really cares, kids are kids and reflect the narrow minded views of their parents. Lot of intolerant people in this world.

the future is not bright. they're 8th graders and already hateful liberals.

8th graders refuse to take photo with Paul Ryan

"Liberals think they are tolerant, but often, they aren't" - none other than Fareed Zakaria said that today!

I'm impressed that these kids are following current events and make fact based decisions and exercising their right to free speech.

You're the one who's being intolerant and wants to force them to show respect to a man who doesn't give a rat's ass about them.

the future is not bright. they're 8th graders and already hateful liberals.

8th graders refuse to take photo with Paul Ryan

"Liberals think they are tolerant, but often, they aren't" - none other than Fareed Zakaria said that today!

I'm impressed that these kids are following current events and make fact based decisions and exercising their right to free speech.

You're the one who's being intolerant and wants to force them to show respect to a man who doesn't give a rat's ass about them.

I can't name a politician that lives in Washington DC that gives a rat's ass about eighth graders. Good move by the kids, maybe one day that will change but DC is out of touch with real America.

Tinker vs. Des Moines ruled the First Amendment applies to students as well. Not only did the students have the right to do it, I agree with their decision. I would also snub someone who wants to architect the destruction of our country.

Forum List

Back