100 8th graders refuse to join class photo with Paul Ryan

the future is not bright. they're 8th graders and already hateful liberals.

8th graders refuse to take photo with Paul Ryan
So, you advocate FORCING them.

i advocate criticizing them for being assholes.
Why are they assholes?

Basque thinks that if someone doesn't fall in lock step with conservative ideals, then they are assholes. I guess the whole free speech thing and right to protest as part of the freedoms offered by this country went straight over his pointed little head.

You know, by the time I was in 8th grade, I was actually starting to form my political views, many of which I got from my Grandparents who were conservative and very pro union (this was in the late 70's/early 80's). They got me started in paying attention to what happens in this country, and when I got into my mid 20's, my political views were cemented in place, and I decided I was an independent.

Hate to tell you people, but most 8th graders are more socially and politically aware than people of my generation were, and a lot of it is because of social media.
So you were told what to think by your grand parents. So it's just like I said with these kids. They were just doing what they were told like all good liberals do.

Nope, never said that my Grandparents told me what to think, I said that they helped me understand and form some of my own opinions, and when I got into my mid 20's, I had figured out where I stood politically. And no, there are a few views that I have that are completely opposite of them. They helped me figure it out, but the final choice was mine alone.

The eighth graders I know of aren't politically savvy at all. And my house was kind of a kid magnet when mine were young.
There were always so many brats about I developed a twitchy eye.
They had a list of concerns but I think the most political they got is when a bunch formed a group and took on the powers that be over a skate park brouhaha
I was proud of their work, if not their pants or music

In grade eight I knew nothing about politics. In fact, even in my mid-twenties I was still not at all aware of politics, I knew very little about former Canadian leaders or their party affiliations, what these different parties represented etc. I became educated based on necessity. As with anything in life, when I sink my teeth into something I go full throttle and learn all I can.

Bottom line, the vast majority of grade eight students know little about politics or the world for that matter, they are presented this world through their parents, teachers and peers. Maybe some of them get some info. from their snowflake "musicians" or the odd news story that showed Trump berating a competitor during the election, but for the most part they are sponges with little personal curiosity for World Events or awareness of these events for that matter.

So indeed, this is nothing more than a sad example of how divided America is. The Communists and their International donors will stop at nothing to alter America it seems. They should learn a bit more about world history and politics before they so easily sell out the next generation of Americans (and Western liberty ultimately). Nothing worse than those who are in a position of authority who are self serving at the expense of their nation, I assure you.

Last edited:
You know, by the time I was in 8th grade, I was actually starting to form my political views, many of which I got from my Grandparents who were conservative and very pro union (this was in the late 70's/early 80's). They got me started in paying attention to what happens in this country, and when I got into my mid 20's, my political views were cemented in place, and I decided I was an independent.

Hate to tell you people, but most 8th graders are more socially and politically aware than people of my generation were, and a lot of it is because of social media.
So you were told what to think by your grand parents. So it's just like I said with these kids. They were just doing what they were told like all good liberals do.

Nope, never said that my Grandparents told me what to think, I said that they helped me understand and form some of my own opinions, and when I got into my mid 20's, I had figured out where I stood politically. And no, there are a few views that I have that are completely opposite of them. They helped me figure it out, but the final choice was mine alone.
Yes, of course.

In grade eight I knew nothing about politics. In fact, even in my mid-twenties I was still not at all aware of politics, I knew very little about former Canadian leaders or their party affiliations, what these different parties represented etc. I became educated based on necessity. As with anything in life, when I sink my teeth into something I go full throttle and learn all I can.

Bottom line, the vast majority of grade eight students know little about politics or the world for that matter, they are presented this world through their parents, teachers and peers. Maybe some of them get some info. from their snowflake "musicians" or the odd news story that showed Trump berating a competitor during the election, but for the most part they are sponges with little personal curiosity or awareness for that matter.

So indeed, this is nothing more than a sad example of how divided America is. The Communists and their International donors will stop at nothing to alter America it seems. They should learn a bit more about world history and politics before they so easily sell out the next generation of Americans (and Western liberty ultimately). Nothing worse than those who are in a position of authority who are self serving at the expense of their nation, I assure you.

I had civics classes in Jr. high school (7th and 8th), and also had American history and government classes in high school (9th through 12th). But, then again, I had a pretty good school system that I attended in MT and CO.

And..............dinner time discussions about the state of the country happened in my house at least a couple of times a week, because my Grandfather would see something in the newspaper and start talking about it.

Guess I was blessed that I was made aware of things in my teens.

You didn't realize the media were liars back then?

I thought that this was still the land of the free and you could opt out of doing stuff like that as a demonstration of your right to free speech.

Forcing the kids is indoctrination. Allowing them to have a choice is freedom.

No, that is the exact reason our country is so far out of control.

Loonies like you who believe that 14-year-old children should be taught ill manners and disrespect. No wonder they get to college and they can't live being exposed to other thoughts and ideas and cry for safe spaces.

They're 14, their hormones are raging and they don't have a clue about politics or which end is up.

You didn't realize the media were liars back then?
When have they never been?
I thought that this was still the land of the free and you could opt out of doing stuff like that as a demonstration of your right to free speech.

Forcing the kids is indoctrination. Allowing them to have a choice is freedom.

No, that is the exact reason our country is so far out of control.

Loonies like you who believe that 14-year-old children should be taught ill manners and disrespect. No wonder they get to college and they can't live being exposed to other thoughts and ideas and cry for safe spaces.

They're 14, their hormones are raging and they don't have a clue about politics or which end is up.
I have a son that just passed 8th grade, and his debate team had several good debates on politics..

the future is not bright. they're 8th graders and already hateful liberals.

8th graders refuse to take photo with Paul Ryan

"Liberals think they are tolerant, but often, they aren't" - none other than Fareed Zakaria said that today!
100 eighth-graders refuses to have their picture taken with - Satan. Those damn kids. They have no respect for their elders.

Or maybe they were confused and thought he was this guy?
eddie-woof-woof.jpg

Last edited:
The younger people are, the more liberal they usually are. I'm betting they picked it up from their parents. :rolleyes:

There's a saying, you know. If you are not a liberal at twenty, you have no heart and if you are not conservative at thirty, you have no brain.

I guess that's how the young adolescents of today view the world.

For all you conservatives who think it is a bad thing for the kids to opt out of having a picture taken with Ryan..................a quick question...................

If these kids had a chance to get a picture with either Mr. or Mrs. Obama, and decided to opt out of it, would you bitch then?

Probably not. You would be applauding the children for refusing to take part in a picture with him.

I have 2 eighth graders in the family and both boys got all A's on their report cards this year. At this age they still hate girls, worry about getting zits and worry about making the JV football team this fall. Neither they or their friends give a hoot about politics. This farce in DC was forced on those 100 kids by their Liberal Progressive Puke parents, who deserved to be horse whipped.

Teachers teaching kids to be communists. My kids are out of mainstream public ed as of next week.

For all you conservatives who think it is a bad thing for the kids to opt out of having a picture taken with Ryan..................a quick question...................

If these kids had a chance to get a picture with either Mr. or Mrs. Obama, and decided to opt out of it, would you bitch then?

Probably not. You would be applauding the children for refusing to take part in a picture with him.
I would have thought it to be very disrespectful to the President of the United States.

I have 2 eighth graders in the family and both boys got all A's on their report cards this year. At this age they still hate girls, worry about getting zits and worry about making the JV football team this fall. Neither they or their friends give a hoot about politics. This farce in DC was forced on those 100 kids by their Liberal Progressive Puke parents, who deserved to be horse whipped.
Should they have been forced to get their picture take with Hillary Clinton, hypocrite?

I would have thought it to be very disrespectful to the President of the United States.

Bullshit.............you are one of the trolls on here who have been bitching about Obama since the day you got here. You have zero respect for Obama as president.

Forum List

Back