$100 Million Mega Mosque in Lanham, Maryland

I know many muslims on and off the boards. Many have no interest in a jihad but there are those mosques who do and the fact this one was identified as getting input from parent orgs of Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas I found it a matter of concern.

The matter of it being a mosque, how large, how much it cost is not of interest to me.. Only their ties to Hamas and MB. I thought I made that clear but apparently it takes a few times on these threads as they keep rolling over new posts. Hope that clears up the confusion here on what the thread is about.

-Jeri

No, your ignorance, hatred, and fear of Muslims is well-documented, no confusion at all.

And your ignorance of Turkey is noted as well, as its government is not ‘Islamist.’

"We will create an islamist youth!"
Recep Tayyip Erdogan
Sultan of Turkey

::click:: .... ::click:: ... hmm, your link doesn't seem to work.

Oh wait -- you don't have one.

Something about your calling the PM "Sultan" makes me wonder. You DO know the Ottoman Empire vanished with World War I, do you not?

No, your ignorance, hatred, and fear of Muslims is well-documented, no confusion at all.

And your ignorance of Turkey is noted as well, as its government is not ‘Islamist.’

Recep Tayyip Erdogan
Sultan of Turkey

Something about your calling the PM "Sultan" makes me wonder. You DO know the Ottoman Empire vanished with World War I, do you not?

Recep Tayyip Erdogan sparks furor in Turkey by saying he wants to ?raise a religious youth? | News | National Post

here is your link. So, where do we go now?

Recep Tayyip Erdogan
Sultan of Turkey

Recep Tayyip Erdogan sparks furor in Turkey by saying he wants to ?raise a religious youth? | News | National Post

I guess to your retraction, since you made up the quote.
It's kinda taking a while... :eusa_whistle:

I guess to your retraction, since you made up the quote.
It's kinda taking a while... :eusa_whistle:

I guess you can read???

“We want to raise a religious youth,” said Erdogan (...)
“Do you expect the conservative democrat AK Party to raise an atheist generation? That might be your business, your mission, but not ours. We will raise a conservative and democratic generation embracing the nation’s values and principles,” he added.
National Post

I don't see a reason why Turks would oppose that their children are raised with the values and principles of their parents.
Nothing wrong with the parents or being religious.

If an opposition party wants to raise an atheist youth, they can compete with their agenda on election day.
The Prime-Minister was elected in 3 consecutive elections, each time increasing his votes.

genelsecim.png

“Do you expect the conservative democrat AK Party to raise an atheist generation? That might be your business, your mission, but not ours. We will raise a conservative and democratic generation embracing the nation’s values and principles,” he added.
National Post

I don't see a reason why Turks would oppose that their children are raised with the values and principles of their parents.

If an opposition party wants to raise an atheist youth, they can compete with their agenda on election day.
The Prime-Minister was elected in 3 consecutive elections, each time increasing his votes.

genelsecim.png

They're understandably concerned with the encroaching right-wing bullshit. Turkey is firmly and deliberately religion-neutral. Has been since Attaturk.
Political parties and religion go together like vanilla icing and tires.

Last edited:
Anyone that is spending 100 MILLION clams is not going to be doing anything in the area where they are going to be anything other THAN GOOD CITIZENS.

Correct me if I am wrong but why would a group of Muslims or ANYONE invest that kinda coin unless they plan on fitting in and staying a long time?

National Post

genelsecim.png

They're understandably concerned with the encroaching right-wing bullshit. Turkey is firmly and deliberately religion-neutral. Has been since Attaturk.

2011-se%C3%A7im-sonu%C3%A7lar%C4%B1.jpg

So what you are saying, with 50% vote, you can push your religion to the rest of the country no matter who they are, what they want for their children.

I guess if Obama wants to make US children atheists, you will just sit there and accept the fact that he had enough votes to do so...

You are irelevant to the last bit...

National Post

So what you are saying, with 50% vote, you can push your religion to the rest of the country no matter who they are, what they want for their children.

I guess if Obama wants to make US children atheists, you will just sit there and accept the fact that he had enough votes to do so...

You are irelevant to the last bit...

So what you're saying is you're illiterate? Or that you like vanilla icing on your tires?

I kinda see why that retraction is taking so long...

I guess we should all start growing out our beards and brushing up on our Arabic.

Might be a good idea anyway. If we have enemies speaking Arabic, understanding what they say would be useful for obtaining intelligence on them.

And beards just look good. At least mine does.

Quick question;

At what point do you become "alarmed" if a different religion builds a house of worship:

$1 Million
$5 Million
$10 Million
$20 Million
$50 Million

Nice straw man.

I don't become alarmed if a different religion builds a house of worship. In fact, no one is alarmed that a differen religion is build a house of worship. The concern is that radical muslims are. (Whether that concern is justified or not is a matter of debate).

Were it Buddhist, Hindu, Jewish, or any other faith, absolutely no one would be voicing any concern whatsoever.

I get disagreeing with people on the topic. But why create straw man? If you can't accurately acknowledge the real issue what's the point of discussion? How can we have an honest discussion if you are misrepresenting the issue from the get go?

How would you feel if someone misrepresented and attacked the position you were trying to advocate or argue? This is the problem we are having in the country. We aren't discussing real issues with people because there are too many dishonest brokers who wont even frame the issues accurately.

Quick question;

At what point do you become "alarmed" if a different religion builds a house of worship:

$1 Million
$5 Million
$10 Million
$20 Million
$50 Million

Nice straw man.

I don't become alarmed if a different religion builds a house of worship. In fact, no one is alarmed that a differen religion is build a house of worship. The concern is that radical muslims are. (Whether that concern is justified or not is a matter of debate).

Were it Buddhist, Hindu, Jewish, or any other faith, absolutely no one would be voicing any concern whatsoever.

I get disagreeing with people on the topic. But why create straw man? If you can't accurately acknowledge the real issue what's the point of discussion? How can we have an honest discussion if you are misrepresenting the issue from the get go?

How would you feel if someone misrepresented and attacked the position you were trying to advocate or argue? This is the problem we are having in the country. We aren't discussing real issues with people because there are too many dishonest brokers who wont even frame the issues accurately.

The OP contains the word "alarming".

You fail.

That raises some interesting questions. If the religion someone follows mandates murdering others not of that religion, can such murders be stopped? Should we try to stop honor killings, female genital mutilation, or beating men because their beards aren't long enough? If it is a sincerely held religious belief, doesn't the Constitution DEMAND that we permit such freedom of religion? Wouldn't it be more Constitutional to punish a woman fighting off a rapist in the name of religion?

How has the 'peaceful' religion of christianity kept christians from being murderers and thieves?

Do you really not see the difference between people who ignore the doctrines of their faith and kill despite them and those who obey the doctrines of their faith to kill for them?

And let them worship as they please. If they want to build a mosque, let them. This is the United States of America. If the members of the mosque do something that is a threat to the nation or a violation of our laws, prosecute them.

Any attempt by the government to prevent them to worship could be likewise applied to us. And quite frankly with the rabid anti Christian posters who support big government on this board, I don't want to even give them the possibility of any government power to attack me or my faith.

You don't want there to be muslims in this nation? Preach the Gospel with power and authority from God. Persuade them to turn to Christ. Minister unto them. Show them that your way is better.

We don't need the government to fix any problems we have or think we have. We can do that on our own.

I was with you for the first half. But when the commercial comes on I hit the mute button.

Islam and Christianism are not the only things on the shelf, ya know.

Considering you weren't my audience, I wouldn't expect you to respond in any other way.

And I never claimed they were the only things on the shelf.

Actually, I was referring to the animal. However, Judaism has no scapegoats. Of the three major religions which arose from the middle east, only Christianity has a scapegoat.

Yeah it does have a scapegoat. Where exactly do you think the term came from? Hint: The Torah

Quick question;

$1 Million
$5 Million
$10 Million
$20 Million
$50 Million

Nice straw man.

The OP contains the word "alarming".

You fail.

Right. Because the OP was not about the size of the mosque nor the money spent on the mosque. The OP was about "the Mosque receiving input from a parent organization of Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas. Both are terrorist organizations or didn't you know that?

Q & A time: Why would Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas Parent Organizations be giving this mosque input? And the answers are: Fill in the blank.

Forum List

Back