1100 pound feral hog shot in Fayetville Georgia.

Well we can't expect meat processors to have to invest like that.

I found one just south of Macon that has separate facilities for hogs. They are doing a booming business.

Back in the day there wasnt a demand for it and if you wanted wild hog meat you had to process it yourself.
I processed one....After rolling it around in a large fire to get rid of all the parasites and experiencing the smell I wont do it again.
How is that different than processing a hog you raised?

If you have to ask you're a dumbass.

Sol there's no smell or parasites on/in raised pork?

Are ya fucken stupid?

As far as smell goes processing plants boil the hog to get rid of the hair and parasites and while I have some huge crawfish pots I sure as hell dont have one big enough for a whole hog.
And no they dont have the parasites of a wild hog.....because,are ya ready for this dont know didleysquat?
They are raised in a controlled environment and are seen by vets and given vaccinations just like a cow.
How the hell can you be so stupid?

upload_2019-12-23_14-5-24.gif

Yes, according to this article Texas is starting to process the feral hogs for meat.
Market opens for feral hog meat
Yuck...........dang meat of the big ones suck.
Why? Tough?

...and gamey.
Throw that big bitch in a salt water pool for a week and brine the shit out of it! Lol

They're like big catfish....more trouble than they're worth.

Yes, according to this article Texas is starting to process the feral hogs for meat.
Market opens for feral hog meat
Yuck...........dang meat of the big ones suck.
Why? Tough?

...and gamey.
Throw that big bitch in a salt water pool for a week and brine the shit out of it! Lol

They're like big catfish....more trouble than they're worth.
Gross

You better have a good sling shot if you come face to face
with one of those. I know, being in razorback country.

Here's some useful info if you live in snake country....
Hogs love rattlesnakes ( they'll even go toward a rattling snake as prey, because their skin's too thick for fangs and they may be immuned to venem), so the snakes are evolving the instinct of staying downwind and not rattling in order to hide from the hogs.
Does Predation by Feral Hogs cause Rattelsnakes to Stop Rattling – Feral Hogs

Last edited:
This is getting ridiculous. These animals are spreading and getting bigger every year. Look at the size of this thing it looks like something you'd see on the African plains!
View attachment 296312
I did not know trump was in Georgia.
The hog was killed nearly 13 years ago.

Man kills 1,100-pound hog in north Ga. – The Denver Post
Here's an 820 pounder killed in 2017. I guess global warming is making them smaller.
Alabama man kills 820-pound wild hog in front yard with gun

I hunt hogs a few times a year. I haven't seen anything that big, but I have seen some that probably run 400 to 500 lbs.

Anything over 200 lbs tastes rank.
I shot a 500 lb a little over a year ago, it tasted good to me!

Try a yearling and you'll never go back.
If I shoot it or catch it I eat it. Some of the things I catch I send back to the water id it will survive but for the most part my kill or catch is in a frying pan pretty quick I am hoping to put some walleye in the pan tonight, my buddies are killing it right from the bank. Hopin to get my six tonight, I am out of walleye but I have about 30 pounds of perch in the freezer right now. Have not taken a deer yet this year.

I hunt hogs a few times a year. I haven't seen anything that big, but I have seen some that probably run 400 to 500 lbs.

Anything over 200 lbs tastes rank.
I shot a 500 lb a little over a year ago, it tasted good to me!

Try a yearling and you'll never go back.
If I shoot it or catch it I eat it. Some of the things I catch I send back to the water id it will survive but for the most part my kill or catch is in a frying pan pretty quick I am hoping to put some walleye in the pan tonight, my buddies are killing it right from the bank. Hopin to get my six tonight, I am out of walleye but I have about 30 pounds of perch in the freezer right now. Have not taken a deer yet this year.

Walleye are not an invasive species doing millions of dollars in damage.
I shoot those fuckers every chance I get and dump em on the highway shoulder.
My best is three piglets in one shot with my .270....I love when they line up like that.
Of course the feeder helps.
They were undermining my bridge abutment at an alarming rate....the cost to repair it was over 20k if I let them continue their reign of terror. To bad little piggies,you fucked with the wrong land owner.

I guess like coyotes wild hogs are getting to be epidemic across the south. The first wild hogs I ever saw were in central Florida back in the late sixties but now there all over the place. Coyotes were pretty much exclusive to the west and now they're all over the southern states too.
My guess would be slow smoking wild hogs Carolina style could make for some good barbeque. Although doing an over 1000lb whole hog would be a lot work and it would take a really big pit. I wonder what that sucker dressed out at.

I guess like coyotes wild hogs are getting to be epidemic across the south. The first wild hogs I ever saw were in central Florida back in the late sixties but now there all over the place. Coyotes were pretty much exclusive to the west and now they're all over the southern states too.
My guess would be slow smoking wild hogs Carolina style could make for some good barbeque. Although doing an over 1000lb whole hog would be a lot work and it would take a really big pit. I wonder what that sucker dressed out at.

Coyotes have been in Texas forever.
Back when I was a kid in the early seventies there was a road crossing called coyote corner.
There were hundreds of em strung up on the fence with piles of moldering bones under em.

Of course now it's a four lane highway with a gas station on every corner.

This is getting ridiculous. These animals are spreading and getting bigger every year. Look at the size of this thing it looks like something you'd see on the African plains!
View attachment 296312
I did not know trump was in Georgia.
The hog was killed nearly 13 years ago.

Man kills 1,100-pound hog in north Ga. – The Denver Post

And it wasn't shot in the woods. This monster was standing in someone's back yard. And, according to the homeowner and a couple of neighbors, it didn't seem scared of people.

Forum List

Back