12/7/1941 - 9/11/2001 - 1/6/2021

I can choose to be without pants but I just can’t do it when I go grocery shopping.

You can spout anti-vaccine bullshit, just not on their platform.

What’s the issue?
Nope. Issue is they pick and choose what to ban that makes them a content creator not just a content disseminator. But again that’s a different topic altogether.

Sure, I can agree. Doesn’t mean I support infringing on how a business owner chooses to run his business.

They have rights just like we have rights.
I am good with it too but people still have civil rights. A business owner can’t force me to wear a suit and let you go casual if we have the same job because I am a Jew and you’re not for example. All I ask is for the rules to be applied fairly equally.

Nope. Issue is they pick and choose what to ban that makes them a content creator not just a content disseminator. But again that’s a different topic altogether.
Private company. They’re not doing anything wrong.

Go somewhere else if you don’t like it.

Private company. They’re not doing anything wrong.

Go somewhere else if you don’t like it.
Ahhh but the NYT is a private company. They can’t just write whatever they want without repercussions. There are media laws they must follow. Right?

A business owner can’t force me to wear a suit and let you go casual if we have the same job because I am a Jew and you’re not for example. All I ask is for the rules to be applied fairly equally.
Correct. They can’t discriminate against protected classes.

They can, however, fire someone for saying something stupid about vaccines. That’s not protected.

Your civil rights are not being violated, lmao. Their rules are perfectly legal.

Just as my civil rights aren’t being violated if 7-11 kicks me out of their store for not wearing pants.
If they kick you out for wearing a Trump shirt are they in violation? Yes or no?

They can, however, fire someone for saying something stupid about vaccines. That’s not protected.
Who decides what is or isn’t “stupid”? Employees still have rights. I agree that employers may fire people and at will but Twitter is not an employer and they are creating content so they need to be regulated as such. Just as Fox is. CNN is. NY Post is.

They should not discriminate period. This “protected classes” lingo is leftist BS.

10 being the most devastating impact harm and effect , left to right
10. 10. 3.5

Ahhh but the NYT is a private company. They can’t just write whatever they want without repercussions. There are media laws they must follow. Right?
I don‘t know. Maybe? Tabloids can write whatever the hell they want and there are no repercussions for that.

1641615999764.jpeg

Not sure how this applies to social media sites. They certainly can implement whatever policy they want regarding allowing people on their platform to say dumb things about vaccines.

I don‘t know. Maybe? Tabloids can write whatever the hell they want and there are no repercussions for that.

View attachment 585175

Not sure how this applies to social media sites. They certainly can implement whatever policy they want regarding allowing people on their platform to say dumb things about vaccines.
Tabloids may write about famous people. They can’t write about Joe HVAC and call him a rapist. But on Twitter you may call me a rapist. Twitter may ban me and I have no way to defend myself. Makes them a content creator. That’s the argument in front of Congress and the courts anyway. We ll see how it gets decided.

They should not discriminate period. This “protected classes” lingo is leftist BS.
Right. And they shouldn’t discriminate against me for not wearing pants when I go to 7-11 lol.

Those are their rules. They’re free to set whatever legal rules they want. You can piss and moan about them all you like but it’s not up to you how they run their business, nor should it be.

Right. And they shouldn’t discriminate against me for not wearing pants when I go to 7-11 lol.

Those are their rules. They’re free to set whatever legal rules they want. You can piss and moan about them all you like but it’s not up to you how they run their business, nor should it be.
There is a rule at 7-11 that you can’t wear a Trump shirt? Interesting

Tabloids may write about famous people. They can’t write about Joe HVAC and call him a rapist. But on Twitter you may call me a rapist. Twitter may ban me and I have no way to defend myself. Makes them a content creator. That’s the argument in front of Congress and the courts anyway. We ll see how it gets decided.
Prepare to be disappointed.

Your civil rights don’t include having a Twitter account lmao.

But if you’re black wearing a Trump shirt then they are? Interesting
No. If they kick out all people wearing a Trump shirt, regardless of race, then they’re fine.

Just like how 7-11 can kick out all people for not wearing pants.

Not complicated.

Prepare to be disappointed.

Your civil rights don’t include having a Twitter account lmao.
It’s not about civil rights it’s about Twitter and how it’s regulated. I am not on any social media sans LinkedIn. And I d reveal my identity. I only Do not because I have kids.

Forum List

Back