14 Million New Jobs - FOR WHOM?

There is no confusion.... I'm just asking a simple question for which there is only 3 possible responses.

Does the nation look better off today than it did in 2009?

A. Yes.

B. No.

C. I cannot or will not make a decision.​

Of course NOT. B is the correct, very easy answer.

O.k.!!!

Now we're talking! An actual opinion!

One I happen to disagree with... I think things are better.

Beer? :beer:
Why do you think things are better?

I work in 'the system' and trust me... there is less pressure on it from frightened people now that there was in 2009.

The fear factor is less now.

LOL The system is overloaded with people needing help. That's why there are record numbers on welfare and EBT. This aint rocket science

Perhaps... But is it more overloaded, or less overloaded, than it was in 2009?

My point being that things on average are better now than they were in 2009.

Don't just pick 2009, poverty is worse under Obama than it has been in 50 years. There is no argument to that. NONE

I disagree. I don't think that poverty is worse. It is different though...

50 years ago air conditioning was a luxury and many families had yet to install their first phone... Today air conditioning is a right and everyone over the age of 8 has their own smart-phone.

Besides, going back further than 2009 is unfair when judging the job of this president... all he had to work with was handed to him at that point.

"Are you better off now than you were 8 years ago?"

`
(See highlighted above) So, you're going to go with that same thought after the new guy's sworn in in 2017?

Of course! Fair is fair.

The only way to judge how a cowboy drives is by comparing the condition of the wagon when he took the reins to how it looks when he gives them up.

There is no confusion.... I'm just asking a simple question for which there is only 3 possible responses.

A. Yes.

B. No.

O.k.!!!

Specific to this thread? Because unemployment is down.

There are fewer desperate people trying to find a way to lean on the system now than there were in 2009.

A. Yes.

B. No.

O.k.!!!

There are fewer desperate people trying to find a way to lean on the system now than there were in 2009.

Gasoline under $2 per gallon is pretty cool too! :thup:

Yep, your opinion.
No, it's fact. Foreigners are counted as US employed. They are NOT US employed they are employed workers of their home countries, to whom their earnings go. Example: every Mexican in the US is a small piece of Mexico here, and part of THEIR employed #s, not ours. Get it ?

CORRECTION:
There are fewer FOREIGN desperate people trying to find a way to lean on the system now , than there were in 2009.

And there are more AMERICAN desperate people trying to find a way to lean on the system now , than there were in 2009. (as the US workforce continually shifts from Americans to foreigners)

You need an education to get a job. A liberal education. Bible Study doesn't do it.
Neither does an education. You need dark skin, know somebody, or be a foreigner willing to work for peanuts.

People forget that when they dance they have to pay the fiddler.
Translation please.
You need an education to get a job. A liberal education. Bible Study doesn't do it.
I put my work tools down four years ago and live the comfortable life of a Country Squire. My highest education was graduating High School with a 2.8 GPA. I never inherited any money and never accepted government assistance of any kind. It takes a smart person to act dumb, keep a low profile and strike when the iron is hot.

Neither does an education. You need dark skin, know somebody, or be a foreigner willing to work for peanuts.
You can believe this or not but I sang on stage with Al Green twice in 1975 before an all black audience with me being the only white man on stage and I have never been able to carry a tune in a bucket

Last edited:

CORRECTION:
There are fewer FOREIGN desperate people trying to find a way to lean on the system now , than there were in 2009.

And there are more AMERICAN desperate people trying to find a way to lean on the system now , than there were in 2009. (as the US workforce continually shifts from Americans to foreigners)

"CORRECTION:"​

That's funny.

The fact of the unemployment rate being down sharply since 2009 is un-correctable.

As for my opinion that there are fewer desperate people out there looking for ways to lean on the system... Dude, you can't 'correct' another Monkey's opinion.... The most you can do is disagree and try to explain to the readership at large why you disagree.

I base my opinion that things are better from having spent 8 hours of every business day since 2009 at a Social Security office helping both the desperate and the done to navigate the system.

Your turn.

The desperate and the done, both foreign and domestic, new and old, those filled with hope and those filled with memories. It's been an interesting ride, serving The American Public.

To get a job?!? :disbelief:

I disagree with your opinion.

Tell you what... I'll bet you a dollar that I can find a 25 year old straight, boring white guy with an engineering degree who is more employable and or has a better work record than anyone you can come up with who meets your criteria above.

People forget that when they dance they have to pay the fiddler.
Translation please.

I put my work tools down four years ago and live the comfortable life of a Country Squire. My highest education was graduating High School with a 2.8 GPA. I never inherited any money and never accepted government assistance of any kind. It takes a smart person to act dumb, keep a low profile and strike when the iron is hot.
:iagree:
The day I don't learn something hasn't happened. Education is a lifelong attitude and tasks to complete.

The trick is to find a gig and work it until you, or your luck, make something better come along.

Forum List

Back