14 year old learns the color of his skin is more important than the content of his character

Another case of the liberal school system being intolerant of others.

Schools are "liberal" or "conservative" now. :lol:
Cities are already "liberal" or "conservative".
In Duh Bubble everything is "liberal" or "conservative". It's the new "paper or plastic".

"You're eating a Baby Ruth? Why, that's a liberal candy bar!"
hair-fire.gif

Seriously, summa y'all are in desperate need of getting a fucking life. SMFH

In Duh Bubble everything is "liberal" or "conservative". It's the new "paper or plastic".

hair-fire.gif

Seriously, you can't be that stupid?

hair-fire.gif

Seriously, you can't be that stupid?

Seriously, that was my exact thought when I read that insipid post.

Say, should I go with Michelin or Pirelli tires on my car? I don't know where they stand on the issues.

As I said, summa y'all need to break a brain sweat and figure out that not absolutely everything you see around you is forceable into a liberal-conservative dichotomy like some kind of Lush Rimjob shit sandwich.

Seriously.

Really, it could have been a bomb. How is your typical high school teacher supposed to know what is a bomb, and what isn't. The police have experts who can tell the difference, but your typical cop would not be sent to disarm a bomb.

I guess my thirteen year old is a gotdamned genius then.

I asked him, "How do you tell the difference between a homemade alarm clock and a bomb?"

You know what he said? He said, one will have some sort of explosives, like C4, dynamite, a large amount of liquid or plastique wired into the clock, the other will just be electronics with no unidentified substance that is your explosive residue attached, which will look out of place.

Yeah, very good. Genius? I'm not too sure. Maybe. Perhaps they have just stopped teaching critical thinking. Who knows.
Well, great that your son is a genius, but most teachers, principals, and police officers don't know the difference between a home made clock and a home made bomb.

I think this kid has accomplished great progress for jihad. From now on, teachers, principals, and police officers will be more reluctant to act if they're afraid of negative public reaction and a scolding by the President.

The teachers and principal may not know the difference. If a cop doesn't know how to recognize a bomb then they should go back to third grade.
As misterbeale 13yo son. A 13 year old kid 13 year old kid can tell the difference but a cop cannot?

Really, it could have been a bomb. How is your typical high school teacher supposed to know what is a bomb, and what isn't. The police have experts who can tell the difference, but your typical cop would not be sent to disarm a bomb.

I guess my thirteen year old is a gotdamned genius then.

I asked him, "How do you tell the difference between a homemade alarm clock and a bomb?"

You know what he said? He said, one will have some sort of explosives, like C4, dynamite, a large amount of liquid or plastique wired into the clock, the other will just be electronics with no unidentified substance that is your explosive residue attached, which will look out of place.

Yeah, very good. Genius? I'm not too sure. Maybe. Perhaps they have just stopped teaching critical thinking. Who knows.

Exactly. The teachers maybe just acting of fear and innocently ignorant. BUT the cops who looked at this clock should know better or just plain stupid. It's clock end of story.
You bring up a good point. Most schools these days do have a zero tolerance policy.

OTH, can we honestly say he wasn't just creating a learning project? It's sad when kids are discouraged from exploring and learning.

They said they attacked us b/c they hate us for our freedom. Looks like they won. No more freedom.

He should have made a pop tart gun.
That's a Christian thing, but not really of course since Jesus would have supported guns about as much as he would have supported capitalism.
Again you demonstrate that you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Jesus ordered his disciples to carry swords, dude. He would have had no problem with guns.

The teachers and principal may not know the difference. If a cop doesn't know how to recognize a bomb then they should go back to third grade.
As misterbeale 13yo son. A 13 year old kid 13 year old kid can tell the difference but a cop cannot?

And you think you could prove that this is not a bomb and be certain enough that you would put the lives of your students at risk?

AhmedsBombClock_zpsyouyhfw5.png

A teacher is not trained to ID bombs, but are trained to keep their students safe, something you libtards forget when it is a convenient gotcha talking point.

The teacher was justified in bringing this to Law enforcements attention, but why they couldn't admit it was harmless as soon as they noticed there were no explosives is bizare and more likely a zero tolerance policy for mock weapons of all kinds at public schools.

OTH, can we honestly say he wasn't just creating a learning project? It's sad when kids are discouraged from exploring and learning.

True, exploring and learning are some of the early casualties when people go into 100% safety first turtle mode.

They said they attacked us b/c they hate us for our freedom. Looks like they won. No more freedom.

We still have some freedom and are the most free on Earth, IMO, but the Oligarchs are the ones benefitting from all this, not the American people who are asleep at the wheel.

NMC_15MohamedAhmed2

After taking a homemade clock to school, Irving MacArthur High student Ahmed Mohamed, 14, was taken in handcuffs to juvenile detention. Police say they may charge him with making a hoax bomb — though they acknowledge he told everyone who would listen that it’s a clock.

snip*

He showed it to his engineering teacher first thing Monday morning and didn’t get quite the reaction he’d hoped for.

“He was like, ‘That’s really nice,’” Ahmed said. “‘I would advise you not to show any other teachers.’”

He kept the clock inside his school bag in English class, but the teacher complained when the alarm beeped in the middle of a lesson. Ahmed brought his invention up to show her afterward.

“She was like, it looks like a bomb,” he said.

“I told her, ‘It doesn’t look like a bomb to me.’”

The teacher kept the clock. When the principal and a police officer pulled Ahmed out of sixth period, he suspected he wouldn’t get it back.

They led Ahmed into a room where four other police officers waited. He said an officer he’d never seen before leaned back in his chair and remarked: “Yup. That’s who I thought it was.”

Ahmed felt suddenly conscious of his brown skin and his name — one of the most common in the Muslim religion. But the police kept him busy with questions.

The bell rang at least twice, he said, while the officers searched his belongings and questioned his intentions. The principal threatened to expel him if he didn’t make a written statement, he said.

“They were like, ‘So you tried to make a bomb?’” Ahmed said.

“I told them no, I was trying to make a clock.”

“He said, ‘It looks like a movie bomb to me.’”

Detective Dipshit!

I stand with Ahmed

Heres the best part.....They are STILL INVESTIGATING THE CLOCK!!
This can be attributed to the liberal zero tolerance in school.

Had he pointed his finger like a gun he'd be expelled

The whole "See something, Say Something" campaign was ill conceived and a propaganda ploy to turn citizens against eachother and make the social climate of the US like that of E. Germany under the Stazi to begin with. It was an awful idea. Plus it's localized citizen spy networks wasted literally millions of tax payer dollars coming up empty.

For a better idea of what harm this created read The End of America: Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot to find out how government elites close down an open society.

This is part of step four.

Wolf outlines ten steps that "closing societies" — such as Hitler's Germany, Mussolini's Italy, and Stalin's Russia — have historically followed. These steps, Wolf claims, are being observed in America now.

The steps are:

1. Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy.
  2. Create secret prisons where torture takes place.
  3. Develop a thug caste or paramilitary force not answerable to citizens.
  4. Set up an internal surveillance system.
  5. Harass citizens' groups.
  6. Engage in arbitrary detention and release.
  7. Target key individuals.
  8. Control the press.
  9. Cast criticism as espionage and dissent as treason.
  10. Subvert the rule of law.[3]

The whole "See something, Say Something" campaign was ill conceived and a propaganda ploy to turn citizens against eachother and make the social climate of the US like that of E. Germany under the Stazi to begin with. It was an awful idea. Plus it's localized citizen spy networks wasted literally millions of tax payer dollars coming up empty.

For a better idea of what harm this created read The End of America: Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot to find out how government elites close down an open society.

This is part of step four.

Wolf outlines ten steps that "closing societies" — such as Hitler's Germany, Mussolini's Italy, and Stalin's Russia — have historically followed. These steps, Wolf claims, are being observed in America now.

The steps are:

1. Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy.
  2. Create secret prisons where torture takes place.
  3. Develop a thug caste or paramilitary force not answerable to citizens.
  4. Set up an internal surveillance system.
  5. Harass citizens' groups.
  6. Engage in arbitrary detention and release.
  7. Target key individuals.
  8. Control the press.
  9. Cast criticism as espionage and dissent as treason.
  10. Subvert the rule of law.[3]

Pretty much. The episode was probably blown out of proportion but the teachers did the right thing, I don't understand the arrest after it was explained but I don't understand expulsions for pop tart guns, pointing a finger like a gun or wearing certain clothing or flying a flag either

Forum List

Back