151 years ago today: Democrats founded and staffed the Ku Klux Klan

Pogo thanks for playing along, 2 of these were never Democrat candidates, Condalezza Rice shows your desperation and she never ran for an elected office, so she really doesn't belong on here, but since you're so desperate I'll just leave it, only point out your flaw. So you can name 13 out of over 1,500 elected politicians over a 150 year period who changed from being a Democrat to being a Republican. It's safe to say you dug pretty hard to find these and it makes my point, over 90% of the elected politicians in the original 11 Confederate States were Democrats from the Civil War into the late '70's and remained Democrats, never switching parties...

Strom Thurmond - correct
Jesse Helms- correct
Trent Lott- wrong
Richard Shelby- correct
Sonny Perdue- correct
Dave Treen- correct
Buddy Roemer- correct
Billy Tauzin- correct
Richard Baker- correct
Woody Jenkins- correct
Rick Perry- correct
Bob Martínez- correct
Bob Barr- wrong
Phil Gramm- correct
Condoleeza Rice- correct and I like this quote of hers ("My father joined our party because the Democrats in Jim Crow Alabama of 1952 would not register him to vote. The Republicans did.")

George Wallace Jr.- correct
David Duke- correct

Pfft -- those are just a few that I knew -- you'll notice several Louisiana state pols listed because I used to live there -- but there are plenty more. Whether Condoleeza Rice ever ran for office is entirely irrelevant to whether she party-switched. You don't need to run for office to switch your party.

And AGAIN --- Nobody in the fucking world claimed this was going on for 150 years. To the contrary I said it didn't go on at all for exactly 99 years (meaning 1865-1964). Until Thurmond broke the ice. So why you keep demanding answers to premises nobody ever articulated continues to escape me.

And again, as also noted way back ---- politicians switch parties after their constituency does, Thurmond being the exception. That's because whether they want to be a Democrat or want to be a Republican, far more than either of those they want to get elected, whatever it takes That's also why you have politicians who are already Republicans running as Democrats when the constituency favors it. Ray Nagin for example. Frank Rizzo for another. Because, for the 4797th time --- the purpose of a political party is to consolidate power and get its stable of characters into office --- it is NOT to represent an ideology. It should be but that doesn't last more than at most a generation.

/completely offtopic
If only you democrats never started the kkk.....

Them
Democrats didn't.

Prove me wrong.
Oh sure...

151 years ago today: Democrats founded and staffed the Ku Klux Klan

I have forgotten more than you will ever know, move along...

I have said many times you rubes have memories like that of goldfish. So no doubt you have forgotten whole volumes of propaganda which have been shoveled into your head.

That's why they have to keep repeating their bullshit to you tards, and why we get the same old topic like this one at least once a month.

Not to mention needing to have the same points hammered over and over and over within the same thread.

The OP here has reposted his own bogus OP at least three times ---- AFTER already being shown that his own link contradicts his mythology. And he continues to post it with the same debunking link. It truly is a unique degree of Stupid.

Then there's the next degree of übermoron who posts links TO the OP ---of the thread we're already in. See previous post. Wacko.

I have said many times you rubes have memories like that of goldfish. So no doubt you have forgotten whole volumes of propaganda which have been shoveled into your head.

That's why they have to keep repeating their bullshit to you tards, and why we get the same old topic like this one at least once a month.

Not to mention needing to have the same points hammered over and over and over within the same thread.

The OP here has reposted his own bogus OP at least three times ---- AFTER already being shown that his own link contradicts his mythology. And he continues to post it with the same debunking link. It truly is a unique degree of Stupid.

Then there's the next degree of übermoron who posts links TO the OP ---of the thread we're already in. See previous post. Wacko.
Did you celebrate by giving yourself a new hood for Christmas?

:lol: at guilt-ridden democrats ^^^^^ in tantrum mode (again!) trying to deny ownership of THEIR KKK.

Many Democrats in the south were a main constituency of the KKK of old, the second KKK resurgence was a mixed bag of Democrats in the south, and Republicans who were also a major part of the KKK, only not in the South but in States like Indiana....which to this very day, has the most members of the present day KKK than any other State.

MOST of the KKK today, side with the Republicans and not the Democrats.

Yes they did.
It's amazing these libturds don't know how to look up history on the internet
Says the bahs-turd who thinks US citizens started the KKK!
democruds, were they US citizens or confederates? hmmmmmmm seems you guys want it every way you can. That is not unusual for a libturd. I know, I know. hang in there libturd bubba. the wrongs of the past are lingering today in the inner cities which........wait for it.......still vote democruds. I wish I understood why a populace wants to be held in squaller, but such is the path of true libturd to hold back the black.
You mean like Apalachia?
like chicago
Chicago covers one city. Appalachia covers many states.

Will Donald Trump bring back that good old fashioned Southerner past time of lynching?

Actually that wasn't strictly a Southern thing at all.

Illinois... Indiana... Nebraska.... New England...
--- and then there's this (warning -- graphic content follows)

duluth-lynching-postcard.jpg

Those are a couple of workers from a traveling circus that were chased and lynched on the basis of, as was the usual case, rumors.

That's Duluth Minnesota, about as far away from the South as you can go without being in Canada.
If it matters ---which it doesn't --- Minnesota was a Republican state then.

Living in that town at the time was a kid named Abraham Zimmerman. Twenty-one years later he had a son, who grew up to write some music. A lot of music. One of those pieces of music described this very event, told to him by his father Abraham. Some may find the lyrics familiar:

They're selling postcards of the hanging
They're painting the passports brown
The beauty parlor is filled with sailors
--- The circus is in town.

.... And the riot squad, they're restless
They need somewhere to go
As Lady and I look out tonight from
Desolation Row

--- Bob Dylan "Desolation Row", 1965
"selling postcards" of lynchings was a real thing that was done. That and keeping body parts of the victims as souvenirs. And that sort of thing took place from the Gulf of Mexico to the Ontario/Québec border.

You didn't have to remind us you're an ignorant propaganda drone, it's already a well-known fact.
Only your silly party HAS a propaganda machine, dupe.
I had no idea that the MSM actually works directly with the RNC... oh wait, they don't. The MSM, as shown by the Wikileaks emails, works directly with the DNC, and takes orders from them. They are used to advance their agenda, which by definition is propaganda, making your statement, as usual, 100% false.

As a veteran of broadcasting over four decades let me assure you in no uncertain terms ----

Mass media takes its orders from one thing and one thing only and that one thing is ADVERTISING MONEY -- period, full stop, cue fat lady.

MSM is, for better or worse, and it's all worse, in the business for the purpose of making a profit. To that end it will broadcast whatever will sell --- because that's where its money comes from. :banghead:

That's the entire reason, and the ONLY reason, you have fake wrestling and naked people on an island and Dancing with the Who Cares. MONEY. Nobody, I guarantee you NOBODY makes money from a political party or an ideology. There isn't even a way to do that.
you lost me here gene. how is getting revenue from tv advertisers why they put on the air what they do? huh? MSM is all biased ass cheap shits with no class, no integrity and finally no intelligence.

I "lost" you because I posted something in English. That always loses you. Furthermore I wasn't even talking to you so get lost.
Well duh you're on fking message board be...itch. by the way, they have private messages if you don't seek attention. Use it f00l.

Again, advertisers don't run content of a station be...itch!

It does? Point it out! The points from his links

Again, the conservative Democrats didn't become conservative Republicans by defection. They became that way by attrition. The sons of conservative Democrats grew up to be conservative Republicans.

A Southerner who is a conservative today didn't defect from the Democrats and become a Republican. He has always been a Republican.

The Klan has always been a far right wing Christian terrorist organization. Party affiliation is a sideshow for retards put on by their propaganda mills to keep them in everlasting ignorance of the right wing Christian DNA of that klub.

In the North, you were more likely to find a Republican Klansman than a Democratic one. And vice versa in the South.

It's all about where the Republican or Democratic Klansman resides on the political spectrum. And it has always been on the Right for the Knights.

That's what eats at the guts of the tards. So they avoid this truth at all costs, even at the expense of publicly shouting out their stupidity with topics like this one. Their anguish over these facts causing them to reflexively start idiotic topics like this one at least once a month in a futile attempt to bury their shame under a mountain of bullshit.

Indeed so, the attempt to live on one side of the political spectrum and simultaneously maintain its shit-fringe doesn't stink. This canard thread is a first cousin (at least) of the "Hitler was a leftist" revisionism.
Hitlery was. Just saying '//off topic

Only your silly party HAS a propaganda machine, dupe.
I had no idea that the MSM actually works directly with the RNC... oh wait, they don't. The MSM, as shown by the Wikileaks emails, works directly with the DNC, and takes orders from them. They are used to advance their agenda, which by definition is propaganda, making your statement, as usual, 100% false.

As a veteran of broadcasting over four decades let me assure you in no uncertain terms ----

Mass media takes its orders from one thing and one thing only and that one thing is ADVERTISING MONEY -- period, full stop, cue fat lady.

MSM is, for better or worse, and it's all worse, in the business for the purpose of making a profit. To that end it will broadcast whatever will sell --- because that's where its money comes from. :banghead:

That's the entire reason, and the ONLY reason, you have fake wrestling and naked people on an island and Dancing with the Who Cares. MONEY. Nobody, I guarantee you NOBODY makes money from a political party or an ideology. There isn't even a way to do that.
you lost me here gene. how is getting revenue from tv advertisers why they put on the air what they do? huh? MSM is all biased ass cheap shits with no class, no integrity and finally no intelligence.

I "lost" you because I posted something in English. That always loses you. Furthermore I wasn't even talking to you so get lost.
Well duh you're on fking message board be...itch. by the way, they have private messages if you don't seek attention. Use it f00l.

Again, advertisers don't run content of a station be...itch!

Uh ---- yeah they do. In an earlier day they not only commonly had their name on the stage --- they had it right in the show's title.

06184deca296a2d66253ab8551b14200.jpg

-- and if the sponsor doesn't like something in the content ---- it's history.

It does? Point it out! The points from his links

Already did. Every time he repeated it. You're just gonna have to get up off your ass and go look for it. Fortunately there are multiple instances. Just start at post 1. Won't take long.

Forum List

Back