17 year old Dindu burgler shot dead by homeowner

[...]

He was breaking into a house.......he could have gotten a job, and then he would have not been killed. He could have earned money.....honestly.
It isn't only money that motivates some of these ghetto rats to do the things they do. In some examples it's ego: "I'm slick. I can do this." It is mentioned in the video that he didn't even steal anything.

I am curious as to how the states attorney will handle this. Does Florida have a "stand your ground law?" I know they do have the "castle doctrine".
Odds are the cops don't want to charge the woman, which is why the detective's statement holds that ". . . there was a confrontation and one shot was fired."

"Confrontation" is the pivot. That could mean anything from a verbal dispute to a menacing threat in which the woman feared for her life or physical safety. If the cops don't coach her, her lawyer will -- if it comes to that.

Found this:

On March 23, 2005, The Florida Senate passed SB-436, the "Castle Doctrine" unanimously, by a vote of 39 YEAS to zero NAYS. They know something about this bill.

On April 5, The Florida House passed SB-436, "Castle Doctrine" by a vote of 94 YEAS to 20 NAYS, a margin of better than four to one.

On April 26, Governor Jeb Bush SIGNED SB-436, the "Castle Doctrine" into law (Chapter No. 2005-27) It takes effect on October 1, 2005.

The Florida "Castle Doctrine" law basically does three things:

One: It establishes, in law, the presumption that a criminal who forcibly enters or intrudes into your home or occupied vehicle is there to cause death or great bodily harm, therefore a person may use any manner of force, including deadly force, against that person.

Two: It removes the "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a right to be. You no longer have to turn your back on a criminal and try to run when attacked. Instead, you may stand your ground and fight back, meeting force with force, including deadly force, if you reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to yourself or others. [This is an American right repeatedly recognized in Supreme Court gun cases.]

Three: It provides that persons using force authorized by law shall not be prosecuted for using such force.

It also prohibits criminals and their families from suing victims for injuring or killing the criminals who have attacked them.

In short, it gives rights back to law-abiding people and forces judges and prosecutors who are prone to coddling criminals to instead focus on protecting victims.

~ Florida Castle Doctrine

Update: It appears it's still on the books. From 2015 ~ Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine
Leftist idiots on this forum are gleefully predicting a lawsuit against the homeowner. I attempted to explain that Florida's Castle Doctrine protects against such a suit and yet they insist I'm wrong. But here it is in black and white.

Found this:

On March 23, 2005, The Florida Senate passed SB-436, the "Castle Doctrine" unanimously, by a vote of 39 YEAS to zero NAYS. They know something about this bill.

On April 5, The Florida House passed SB-436, "Castle Doctrine" by a vote of 94 YEAS to 20 NAYS, a margin of better than four to one.

On April 26, Governor Jeb Bush SIGNED SB-436, the "Castle Doctrine" into law (Chapter No. 2005-27) It takes effect on October 1, 2005.

One: It establishes, in law, the presumption that a criminal who forcibly enters or intrudes into your home or occupied vehicle is there to cause death or great bodily harm, therefore a person may use any manner of force, including deadly force, against that person.

Two: It removes the "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a right to be. You no longer have to turn your back on a criminal and try to run when attacked. Instead, you may stand your ground and fight back, meeting force with force, including deadly force, if you reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to yourself or others. [This is an American right repeatedly recognized in Supreme Court gun cases.]

Three: It provides that persons using force authorized by law shall not be prosecuted for using such force.

It also prohibits criminals and their families from suing victims for injuring or killing the criminals who have attacked them.

In short, it gives rights back to law-abiding people and forces judges and prosecutors who are prone to coddling criminals to instead focus on protecting victims.

Update: It appears it's still on the books. From 2015 ~ Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine
Leftist idiots on this forum are gleefully predicting a lawsuit against the homeowner. I attempted to explain that Florida's Castle Doctrine protects against such a suit and yet they insist I'm wrong. But here it is in black and white.
Had the stupid fuck just left he probably still be alive, but his ego got the best of him and he got his butt shot.

So in your ignorant world having your own business is not a real job?
I own three, all s corp.
Paint my house says he's a consultant but he won't say what he consults…
None of your business, little man. Just because you want to expose that shit you sell doesn't mean the rest of us are that stupid.
He's a braggart.
They are always stupid.
I have three business's, 1: I sell mining leases on private land - 2: I sell timber leases on private land both being seasonal(spring and summer) 3: l sell firearms and ammo(fall and winter and now year round thanks to Barry)... All S corporations - and YES, corporations are people…

I have the best firearm salesman ever known to man…
CVtj2OpWwAIKGNt.jpg
would that be leases to mines that don't exist o mines you've salted?
timbers leases for timber that's not yours to sell?
how many un registered weapons do you sell a year?

Gold mines
Land owners timber - I buy and sell
Gun registration is Unconstitutional...

MMk so basically this - (4) A person who unlawfully and by force enters or attempts to enter a person’s dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle is presumed to be doing so with the intent to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence.

Says that if you break into someone's home they can shoot your ass, no questions asked. Since the criminal is already considered by law to have "intent" of "force or violence" the property owner has every right to shoot said person, regardless of if they are "escaping" or not. A property owner may automatically defend their property with deadly force, it seems they are also protected from any civil liability for said action, so the family of this kid is SOL on that angle as well.

I recommend that one doesn't break into others property in Florida. (And fyi that includes homes, cars, businesses, and, yes, even tents.

One criminal asshole I don't have to worry about here in Florida.

Found this:

Like who? I don't see where left and right will support this kind of criminality. This asshole deserved to be shot.

With a name like Trayvon, you think he would know better

Forum List

Back