17 yo boy shot by police because he wasn't resisting arrest.

Saint Michael is pretending to not know what the word escalation means.

Refusing the license AND refusing the cop to ID himself both were not escalating events. Kicking the cellphone was! Sheeeit Putting him on the ground was!

Saint Michael is pretending to not know what the word escalation means.

Refusing the license AND refusing the cop to ID himself both were not escalating events. Kicking the cellphone was! Sheeeit Putting him on the ground was!

From what I saw, the cop's attitude was not any professional than that of the child he was bullying.

I notice you are ignoring the fact that a DA and all his resources investigated this completely and the decision was NO CHARGES. Yet we are to believe you from a single news story know better.

And you ignore that rarely is a cop every indicted, let alone convicted of a crime.
Unless you can provide evidence of conspiracy your argument is a failure. But thanks for answering for the coward Chrisl.

I dont have to prove a conspiracy since I didn't claim one. But what I said is the truth. Cops are rarely indicted, let alone be convicted of a crime. Period.

The boy says "but I don't have any weapon officer" and the cop tases him, and then the video goes jumbled and all you can hear is the screaming.

Did you see the slow motion replay of that scene ?

Yeah, I saw the cop kick the cell phone out of the boy's hands too, and then the boy says "but I don't have any weapons, officer." And then he gets tased.

Yes but what I was getting at, is it appears the instead of running away the kid fought the cop.
Now I'm not willing to let the cop off the hook but it does appear the kid could have cooperated and avoided this entire tragedy from occurring.

The boy says "but I don't have any weapon officer" and the cop tases him, and then the video goes jumbled and all you can hear is the screaming.

Yeah, I saw the cop kick the cell phone out of the boy's hands too, and then the boy says "but I don't have any weapons, officer." And then he gets tased.

Yes but what I was getting at, is it appears the instead of running away the kid fought the cop.
Now I'm not willing to let the cop off the hook but it does appear the kid could have cooperated and avoided this entire tragedy from occurring.

While he was argumentative, he WAS cooperative until the officer kicked the cell phone out of his hand.

So, I guess for some of you sick bastards, that is the thing to do. Child doesn't cooperate? Shoot and kill him.

I don't feel that way, but it does appear the kid escalated what should have been a a very non-combative stop.

The KID escalated it? I don't think so. The kid was acting like most 17-year-old kids. The officer was the one who is the adult and the officer and he is the one who escalated the situation. He is a rotten cop.

While he was argumentative, he WAS cooperative until the officer kicked the cell phone out of his hand.

The cop repeatedly asked for license, at one point it sounds like kid say's "you don't have to see it".
Why not just hand the license and registration over ? Would you refuse that if a cop pulled you over and asked to see them ?

So, I guess for some of you sick bastards, that is the thing to do. Child doesn't cooperate? Shoot and kill him.

I don't feel that way, but it does appear the kid escalated what should have been a a very non-combative stop.

The KID escalated it? I don't think so. The kid was acting like most 17-year-old kids. The officer was the one who is the adult and the officer and he is the one who escalated the situation. He is a rotten cop.

Maybe, but why not simply comply with the cops request to see the license etc ? It's not like he's asking for something unreasonable.

Maybe, but why not simply comply with the cops request to see the license etc ? It's not like he's asking for something unreasonable.

Because he's a dumb 17-year-old kid!!! Why do you expect so much from a kid but nothing from the officer who is supposedly trained to deal with these situations and is NOT supposed to be escalating situations the way he did. This is a JOB, and these police need to get rid of their tudes and just concentrate on their job at hand and handling it in a PROFESSIONAL and RESPECTFUL manner. We pay their salaries after all. They work for US and not the other way around. His job is to protect 17-year-old children, not shoot and kill them because they get mouthy!!!

Ugh, this thread is making me feel sick to my stomach, literally.

Combative because the cop accused him of lying...oh yeah and kicking his phone

The cop ordered him to put the phone down. Why not comply ?

Maybe for the same reason the cop refused to give his badge number? The cops are NOT gods. They are OUR employees.

When I was 17 I had enough sense to do as ordered by a cop. It's not like the cop was asking him to do something illegal, or harmful, cops always ask for your license and insurance when you get pulled over.
I'm not saying the kid should have been shot, but it seems today cops shoot instead of using bodily force.

When I was 17 I had enough sense to do as ordered by a cop. It's not like the cop was asking him to do something illegal, or harmful, cops always ask for your license and insurance when you get pulled over.
I'm not saying the kid should have been shot, but it seems today cops shoot instead of using bodily force.

Well, other kids do not. That kid was not even a "big" kid. If that alleged trained officer cannot handle a 17-year-old boy who is not even armed, then he's got no business being a cop, IMO. He had a terrible attitude, he handled the situation stupidly and aggressively. He was a complete idiot, and THAT is why the kid was killed. Because this cop sucks at his job.

Forum List

Back