17 yo boy shot by police because he wasn't resisting arrest.

What? I can do whatever I want. What's your solution?

I told you, there is no solution. You cannot prevent people from making stupid decisions or acting irrationally.

Yes, two officers per car would cut down on police shootings and citizen shootings because they would have backup right there available. That is just common sense. You are more vulnerable when you are alone. FACT.
to which you have zero statistics to make that statement, but thanks for playing.

Show us the feasibility study.

Do YOU have any solutions? Mine is better than yours.
I DO I DO! Parents rising normal decent respectful kids. Instead of non-existent parents as evidenced in every fucking inner city negro shithole city in the country. Or LIB parents who are deniers and enablers of their kid's loser punk brat behavior towards everyone with any authority from their parents to teachers to cops.
Start there and we could reduce the need for LEOs drastically.

Yes, in an IDEAL world. In case you haven't noticed (not surprising, considering you are a child), that is NOT the case.

to which you have zero statistics to make that statement, but thanks for playing.

Show us the feasibility study.

You haven't shown that your "solution" would solve anything.

Of course it would. Like I said, two officers can more easily restrain a suspect. If there are two officers per car, then they have immediate backup. Now, which part of that statement do you disagree with and why?

What if there are two people in the car or three or four or more!

I disagree with your conclusions that two cops will in fact prevent people from doing stupid shit, like resisting arrest. You offer up nothing to back up your statements.

I never said it would stop people from doing stupid things. I said it would more than likely decrease officer shootings and suspect shootings by officers because they would have an extra set of hands, eyes and backup. Two officers can handle a suspect more easily than one.

Now, what is it about that statement that you disagree with and why?

I hear what your saying, but where is the evidence to back it up?

Do you think a felon getting being pulled over is going to react differently because there are two cops in the patrol car instead of one?

Of course it would. Like I said, two officers can more easily restrain a suspect. If there are two officers per car, then they have immediate backup. Now, which part of that statement do you disagree with and why?

I disagree with your conclusions that two cops will in fact prevent people from doing stupid shit, like resisting arrest. You offer up nothing to back up your statements.

I never said it would stop people from doing stupid things. I said it would more than likely decrease officer shootings and suspect shootings by officers because they would have an extra set of hands, eyes and backup. Two officers can handle a suspect more easily than one.

Do you think a felon getting being pulled over is going to react differently because there are two cops in the patrol car instead of one?

But that is not my point. Again, my point is that two officers would be more able to control the unruly suspect without having to resort to using their weapons. Also, the officers are less vulnerable when making a traffic stop or whatever the case may be if there are two instead of just one.

As you can see by my links above, SOME communities are actually considering the "2 officers per car" idea. So suck it!

Yes but for very different reasons than the ones you present. It's not about controlling individuals it's about response times and protecting their fellow officers.

They also admit that it will take patrol cars away from other areas. So high crime areas will have more cops, the bad guys will just move their operation to where the patrols aren't patrolling making citizens in those areas more vulnerable to being victimized.

You can't put a cop or two on every street corner.

As you can see by my links above, SOME communities are actually considering the "2 officers per car" idea. So suck it!

Yes but for very different reasons than the ones you present. It's not about controlling individuals it's about response times and protecting their fellow officers.

They also admit that it will take patrol cars away from other areas. So high crime areas will have more cops, the bad guys will just move their operation to where the patrols aren't patrolling making citizens in those areas more vulnerable to being victimized.

You can't put a cop or two on every street corner.

Well, that would have to be discussed on a case by case basis. Certainly SOME communities do actually have 2 officers per car.

About 100% of two LEOs in one patrol car are in negro and Latino inner city shitholes.
You 'Ride em cowgirl.
32000 posts in 15 months.
Ummmm.

About 100% of two LEOs in one patrol car are in negro and Latino inner city shitholes.
You 'Ride em cowgirl.
Ummmm.

DO you have anything intelligent to add to this discussion? If not, then piss off, loser.

But that is not my point. Again, my point is that two officers would be more able to control the unruly suspect without having to resort to using their weapons. Also, the officers are less vulnerable when making a traffic stop or whatever the case may be if there are two instead of just one.

You're assuming that in every police interaction there will be an unruly suspect, when the fact is that most police interactions are positive and uneventful.

Look I get it, it's a feel good thing with you, you are acting on emotions and not thinking logically. The places that are thinking about using two cops per patrol car are doing so only in certain areas and under special circumstances and not as a standard routine or rule.

You're assuming that in every police interaction there will be an unruly suspect, when the fact is that most police interactions are positive and uneventful.

Look I get it, it's a feel good thing with you, you are acting on emotions and not thinking logically. The places that are thinking about using two cops per patrol car are doing so only in certain areas and under special circumstances and not as a standard routine or rule.

I never assumed that for a minute. Why you think that, I have no clue.

I am pretty much the ONLY one on this thread who is talking logically right now, bud. :D

You still cannot deny the fact that two officers can handle pretty much any situation better than just one.

You base that on, what? Common sense? Did this young driver have "common sense"?

That has nothing to do with my post. The fact is that if there are two officers instead of one, there is back up available immediately. Two officers would be more easily able to restrain a difficult suspect than just one. What in the HELL are you arguing about?

Where is the evidence that two cops would cut down on police/citizen shootings and prevent people from acting irrationally and making stupid decisions. You offer a solution but then fail to show that it would actually solve what you claim it will.

Hmm. Now, WHY would they want 2 officers per car? How on EARTH does that make any sense at all? :rolleyes-41:

Baltimore Sergeant Warns Superiors: “It Is About To Get Ugly”

BuzzFeed News has also learned that the Baltimore Police Department’s chief of patrol sent out a text message to all commanders ordering officers to take added caution: “2 OFFICERS PER CAR.. DOUBLE UP ALL PATROL CARS,” the order read.

Context!

This is a city where the cops are under siege, this is to protect the cops not the citizens.

It helps both, cops and citizens since two officers would be able to more easily restrain a suspect. Do you not understand that? Why not? It's really quite simple concept.

Did you even read the article you posted?

It's not about protecting anyone but the COPS!

Sgt. Lennardo Bailey told the “Eastern Command Staff” [sic’d]:

“I have been to five calls today and three of those five calls for service; I have been challenged to a fight. Some of them I blew off but one of them almost got ugly. I don’t want anybody to say that I did not tell them what is going on. This is no intel this is really what’s going on the street. This is my formal notification. It is about to get ugly.”

That has nothing to do with my post. The fact is that if there are two officers instead of one, there is back up available immediately. Two officers would be more easily able to restrain a difficult suspect than just one. What in the HELL are you arguing about?

Where is the evidence that two cops would cut down on police/citizen shootings and prevent people from acting irrationally and making stupid decisions. You offer a solution but then fail to show that it would actually solve what you claim it will.

Hmm. Now, WHY would they want 2 officers per car? How on EARTH does that make any sense at all? :rolleyes-41:

BuzzFeed News has also learned that the Baltimore Police Department’s chief of patrol sent out a text message to all commanders ordering officers to take added caution: “2 OFFICERS PER CAR.. DOUBLE UP ALL PATROL CARS,” the order read.

Context!

This is a city where the cops are under siege, this is to protect the cops not the citizens.

It helps both, cops and citizens since two officers would be able to more easily restrain a suspect. Do you not understand that? Why not? It's really quite simple concept.

“I have been to five calls today and three of those five calls for service; I have been challenged to a fight. Some of them I blew off but one of them almost got ugly. I don’t want anybody to say that I did not tell them what is going on. This is no intel this is really what’s going on the street. This is my formal notification. It is about to get ugly.”

Yes I did. You said they couldn't "afford" to (or somebody on the thread said that). Well, apparently they can.

You 'Ride em cowgirl.
Ummmm.

DO you have anything intelligent to add to this discussion? If not, then piss off, loser.
Your dumb idea has been considered by LE agencies all over the world 'Cowgirl' and rejected. (Just like you were).
Two LEO's in one patrol car are used only when the situation warrants it. Like in high crime areas. AKA negro and Latino LIB run shithole inner cities.

Firstly, was it NECESSARY to rip the kid out of his car and order him to lie on the ground? Could the officer have simply said, okay, if you don't want to cooperate, I am calling for back up and you will be brought to the police station. The choice is yours, and then waited for backup to arrive and stand there? Is it necessary for the police to become violent?

Was it necessary to pull the boy over in the first place? Do you consider flashing your lights to be a crime at all?
Yes, it was necessary and the the police officer did call for backup. But in the meantime, the kid attacked the cop.

If you came to me with a story of a kid attacking you...I would laugh my butt off at you. If you told me you killed the kid for it, I would quit laughing and drop you where you stand.
where were you cop? Let us go look up the records and see if that happened or not. I'll be glad to go interneting.

He was never a cop.

Keep thinking that, cupcake, if that's what makes you live with being a cop groupie. Bet you like living out your Walter Mitty fantasies at cop bars, right? Do you get off just watching...or do you ask for spankings?

Now go run off and complain to the mods again...it's what you do best.

Context!

Do you disagree that two people can handle a suspect better than one?

Firstly, was it NECESSARY to rip the kid out of his car and order him to lie on the ground? Could the officer have simply said, okay, if you don't want to cooperate, I am calling for back up and you will be brought to the police station. The choice is yours, and then waited for backup to arrive and stand there? Is it necessary for the police to become violent?

Was it necessary to pull the boy over in the first place? Do you consider flashing your lights to be a crime at all?
Yes, it was necessary and the the police officer did call for backup. But in the meantime, the kid attacked the cop.

If you came to me with a story of a kid attacking you...I would laugh my butt off at you. If you told me you killed the kid for it, I would quit laughing and drop you where you stand.
Sure you would asshole.
Permanent Ignore

Hiding from the truth doesn't make it go away, boy.
discussing non factual material doesn't prove an argument.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. What are you going to dazzle us with next? Gonna point out that the sky is blue?

If your point is that two people can better restrain one person then you are correct. But that's not the issue and not your original claim. The claim was that two cops per patrol car would reduce the amount of police/citizen shootings and would prevent idiots like this punk from making the dumbass decision to attack an armed officer.

But if you wish to move the goalpost, then go ahead, but the fact remains you have not shown your solution would solve anything other than retraining one person.

You 'Ride em cowgirl.
Ummmm.

Your dumb idea has been considered by LE agencies all over the world 'Cowgirl' and rejected. (Just like you were).
Two LEO's in one patrol car are used only when the situation warrants it. Like in high crime areas. AKA negro and Latino LIB run shithole inner cities.

Grow up, child.

If your point is that two people can better restrain one person then you are correct. But that's not the issue and not your original claim. The claim was that two cops per patrol car would reduce the amount of police/citizen shootings and would prevent idiots like this punk from making the dumbass decision to attack an armed officer.

But if you wish to move the goalpost, then go ahead, but the fact remains you have not shown your solution would solve anything other than retraining one person.

No, I never claimed that two officers would change a person's behavior. NEVER. Now, stop being dishonest. My point is that citizens and cops would be safer from shootings.

I never assumed that for a minute. Why you think that, I have no clue.

I am pretty much the ONLY one on this thread who is talking logically right now, bud. :D

You still cannot deny the fact that two officers can handle pretty much any situation better than just one.

Using your logic we should have four LEO's per car. Isn't four better than two?

Never mind the fact that other areas will be without police services or have to endure longer response times.

Just in case one guy gets unruly we need to have two people on scene.

Forget the fact that the majority of interactions are positive and uneventful.

Forum List

Back