17 yo boy shot by police because he wasn't resisting arrest.

Then why post about that era?
First tell us why the current training isn't adequate and what improvements you believe need to be made.

I guess you didn't bother to read the article. It is comparing the way we used to train officers to how we train them now and things we could do differently.

No, it doesn't address how things are different it addresses how it became mandatory and the length of training time increased. There was no details about the specific training that was received.

You were asked specifically what additional training

Notice how when she starts getting her argument destroyed....she all of a sudden "has to go to work"?

Yes, I work 40 hours a week.
15 months divided into 33000 posts equal how many a day? Ya sure you are "working 40 hours a week". Ya sure.

How about you stick to the topic? You only make yourself look stupid, you know.

What is the charge when the driver fails to comply with the orders of the police officer?

Apparently they are not charged, but shot to death.

What is the charge when the driver attacks to police officer?
What could have been done to de-escalate the situation?

Frost is far bigger, far stronger, and supposedly trained - maybe subdue rather than kill. Police don't do that anymore.

The kid could have handed over what documents he had and told him he didn't have the license. Above all, be respectful and not fight with the police officer.

The way the kid was acting, what else could the kid be hiding? Drugs?

That's nice. The jump from an infraction to killing SHOULD be a huge one - but it isn't - cops kill at the drop of the hat. It is the FIRST response, not the last refuge.
You're an asshole!
You are the reason fucking brats, losers, thugs and scum bag criminals are getting shot. They read your anti cop anti respect for any authority and they end up in the fucking grave.
Keep it up asshole. Sincerely. Keep it up. You're ironically helping civilized decent normal people get rid of fucking scum lifelong losers like you.
Don't forget your old lady has to get to the welfare office by four.

Go get therapy for your sick self. YOU are certainly not civilized or decent. Hope you keep that big gross mouth shut if you ever get pulled over. :D

It helps both, cops and citizens since two officers would be able to more easily restrain a suspect. Do you not understand that? Why not? It's really quite simple concept.

Did you even read the article you posted?

It's not about protecting anyone but the COPS!

Sgt. Lennardo Bailey told the “Eastern Command Staff” [sic’d]:

“I have been to five calls today and three of those five calls for service; I have been challenged to a fight. Some of them I blew off but one of them almost got ugly. I don’t want anybody to say that I did not tell them what is going on. This is no intel this is really what’s going on the street. This is my formal notification. It is about to get ugly.”

Yes I did. You said they couldn't "afford" to (or somebody on the thread said that). Well, apparently they can.
No they can't Cowgirl!
If they could afford to have two LEO's every patrol car they would. They don't b/c they can't!
Get that through your brain! The ONLY time and place there are two LEO's in a patrol car is for officer safety b/c they are patrolling extremely dangerous neighborhoods.
Dear God you're stupid.

That's not true since some communities are doing just that.

where do you supposed they do that? Chicago, New York, inner city neighborhoods? How many state police do you see patrolling the highway are two to a car? Just name one location. That is the OP you know?

WHAT is the OP? Do you know what you are talking about? I made a suggestion. If you are angry about my suggestion . . . I think that you have some unresolved issues.

What gets me is ChrisL believes she proposed a solution to stop events like the one in the OP. But she obviously doesn't know what a solution is.

A solution is the solving of a problem and she readily admits it will not be 100 percent effective so therefore it is not a solution because it solves nothing. Events such as th eone illustrated in the OP will continue to happen.

My answer is there is no solution when dealing with irrational people.

The officer was doing his job, whether you agree with the law or not is irrelevant, he had a job to do. He was attacked, he had literally a split second to react, He relied on his years of service and training to protect himself. Unfortunately it resulted in the death of the young man. Want to blame someone? Blame the young man that attacked the cop.
This weekend on George Stephanopolis they did a story on some inner city kids who were befriended by the cops and shown what it is like when you pull someone over. All the kids had a new found respect and understanding of how scary it is to pull someone over, and then have that person start fighting you or resisting arrest. Put your hands behind your head, get on the ground, do whatever the cops tell you to do.

If you are a little 5 foot woman cop, you should be able to arrest any 6 foot monster size man no problem. If not, get shot.

That's a good point. Should women officers be patrolling alone?
A woman cop, by herself, should be able to cuff and arrest a big man. No one should EVER put their hands on an officer or run. If a 300 lbs man runs from a woman cop, what is she to do? Imagine you are in that position. I'd shoot the fucker. If you run or resist, you might get shot. That's the one thing all these people who were killed by cops have in common. They didn't know how to be arrested.

Don't even walk towards an officer aggressively. Do you talk to a judge aggressively or disrespectfully? No? Then why would a cop be any different?

What I would do is completely irrelevant. What is your point here?

Notice how when she starts getting her argument destroyed....she all of a sudden "has to go to work"?

Her argument was destroyed the minute she made it and even after she moved the goalpost.

My argument has been consistent. Police need better training and two police officers per car would help to cut down on these incidents.

What better training do they need in your opinion? You've been asked this before and yet you haven't responded.

So you have zero evidence that two cops in a car and better training, whatever the hell that consists of, would reduce these types of incidents. We are just supposed to take your word for it. A person with zero law enforcement experience. SMH

I already explained that in the beginning of this thread. They need to learn how to de-escalate situations and not escalate them. I think that is an important thing to learn how to do for an officer, and that would take a bit of training.
well how do you train for that? Do you know? Why is the mental institutions can't figure it out and how long have they been treating humans with issues? just admit you're in over your head, we all already know that. you are just repeating yourself and saying nothing. NOTHING.

And BTW, the training today is to defend yourself once you're in a position that is life threatening. See because life threatening is indeterminable and can't be trained fully

"Why is the mental institutions can't figure it out?"

Good grief. There is no cure for mental illness. Only treatment. Some people do not take their treatment. Some people abuse their drugs or street drugs. Some people are like the people who post on these threads. Completely illogical, insane and unreasonable. I mean, have you been reading danny's posts? :ack-1:

Her argument was destroyed the minute she made it and even after she moved the goalpost.

My argument has been consistent. Police need better training and two police officers per car would help to cut down on these incidents.

What better training do they need in your opinion? You've been asked this before and yet you haven't responded.

So you have zero evidence that two cops in a car and better training, whatever the hell that consists of, would reduce these types of incidents. We are just supposed to take your word for it. A person with zero law enforcement experience. SMH

I already explained that in the beginning of this thread. They need to learn how to de-escalate situations and not escalate them. I think that is an important thing to learn how to do for an officer, and that would take a bit of training.
well how do you train for that? Do you know? Why is the mental institutions can't figure it out and how long have they been treating humans with issues? just admit you're in over your head, we all already know that. you are just repeating yourself and saying nothing. NOTHING.

And BTW, the training today is to defend yourself once you're in a position that is life threatening. See because life threatening is indeterminable and can't be trained fully

I am saying plenty. Two officers per car, better training. Even the police officials agree that officers need more training, as my link showed.

Oh, and the officers would also be safer on patrol with immediate backup available for them.

I laid that all out for you. I worked 8 years at Atlanta PD...zone 3. 2 per car is NOT safer. It makes cops FEEL safer...and as a result...some do riskier and more aggressive shit. For every incident that is resolved better....2 per car creates 5 more that escalate and go worse because it enables risky behavior by aggressive officers.

Next police work myth or idea you have that my experience can debunk???

You were never a cop. Stop lying. :D
oh he can't be a cop and you're working? funny stuff these libs, I can't get over the null environment they live in where they think they can just make a statement and it is so. Funny. The OP please, address the OP how do you train a cop to handle an infinite number of probabilities. I'm all eyes to read it.

Read my link that I posted earlier. There were suggestions of continuing training programs even after a person becomes a LEO. Training to deal with people, kind of like a "bedside manner" that doctors learn in school. You learn how to deal with certain individuals who may be difficult and learn how to keep them calm instead of escalating it into a "fight or flight" situation.

I am saying plenty. Two officers per car, better training. Even the police officials agree that officers need more training, as my link showed.
Two officers per car , that takes funding , you know the stuff republicans hate!

The brat did not get killed b/c he didn't have his paperwork.
He got killed b/c he attacked a cop.
And you fucking well know it.
Typical LIB dummy non-logic.

The desire for an authoritarian police state is a leftist position.

I assume you are backing Comrade Bernie Sanders.

The kid got killed because an out of control cop was able to offer two responses, talk or emptying a mag in someone. The cop has no ability to contain or control another person and jumps directly to deadly force with no other measure taken.

Sorry, a competent person would have smacked the kid with a nightstick, not killed him.

The REAL reason that the cop killed him is that departments would rather deal with killings by cops than with charges of brutality. If the cop hit the kid, he would be in trouble for police brutality, so better to just kill the kid.

In a rational world, that is fucked up thinking.

The only thing I disagree with is your second to last paragraph. I think officers are legitimately frightened for their lives oftentimes, and that having a partner would help ease that fear. Who would want to approach a vehicle with 4 or 5 men (possibly criminals) in it alone?

Two officers per car , that takes funding , you know the stuff republicans hate!

I'm not a republican, nor am I a liberal. If the state or feds are spending our tax money on something worthwhile, I don't have a problem with it. I think police and citizen safety is a worthwhile cause.

What is the charge when the driver fails to comply with the orders of the police officer?

Frost is far bigger, far stronger, and supposedly trained - maybe subdue rather than kill. Police don't do that anymore.

The kid could have handed over what documents he had and told him he didn't have the license. Above all, be respectful and not fight with the police officer.

That's nice. The jump from an infraction to killing SHOULD be a huge one - but it isn't - cops kill at the drop of the hat. It is the FIRST response, not the last refuge.
You're an asshole!
You are the reason fucking brats, losers, thugs and scum bag criminals are getting shot. They read your anti cop anti respect for any authority and they end up in the fucking grave.
Keep it up asshole. Sincerely. Keep it up. You're ironically helping civilized decent normal people get rid of fucking scum lifelong losers like you.

Go get therapy for your sick self. YOU are certainly not civilized or decent. Hope you keep that big gross mouth shut if you ever get pulled over. :D
I've pulled over a thousand dirty foul mouth ***** like you pock face.
You all stunk like dirty underwear and chewing gum and some strangers spunk.
Not a fucking lucid thought among you. Dirty hair. Dirty drunk stoned bitches. The first thing you all did when you sobered/straightened up in jail was to beg for a free ride home to your government paid shithole motel room. (Thanks mom for allowing me to have a 'free spirit' growing up)
Every day the staff had to powerwash what you and yours left behind in the holding cells.
Go sit on a fucking cheap wine bottle.

The kid got killed because an out of control cop was able to offer two responses, talk or emptying a mag in someone. The cop has no ability to contain or control another person and jumps directly to deadly force with no other measure taken.

Sorry, a competent person would have smacked the kid with a nightstick, not killed him.

The REAL reason that the cop killed him is that departments would rather deal with killings by cops than with charges of brutality. If the cop hit the kid, he would be in trouble for police brutality, so better to just kill the kid.

You're the one living in your own fucked up world.
THINK!!!!!!!
What would a PD rather have? A civil lawsuit involving the killing of someone by a cop or a civil lawsuit involving a cop smacking someone with a police baton?
Dear God you're a fucking dummy!

Holy smokes, you are nuttier than squirrel poop. Calm yourself the hell down spaz.

You're an asshole!

Not a fucking lucid thought among you. Dirty hair. Dirty drunk stoned bitches. The first thing you all did when you sobered/straightened up in jail was to beg for a free ride home to your government paid shithole motel room. (Thanks mom for allowing me to have a 'free spirit' growing up)
Every day the staff had to powerwash what you and yours left behind in the holding cells.

Are you claiming that you were a LEO. Holy smokes! This just proves that YES, officers need to be trained and have regular psychological assessments because this guy is an absolute mess. *SMH*

You're an asshole!

I think you need some psychiatric help, seriously. I mean, if you can't keep your cool arguing with a woman who you don't even know on the internet, and you claim you were a COP, then you are giving the cops a REALLY bad name and should probably just shut your mouth. Lol.

You're an asshole!

:cuckoo:

So the lawsuit is basically gonna say.....

Ford produced factory lights that are too bright....and it forced our clients son to disobey the cop, resist the arrest, and attack him in a manner that threatened the cops life. Therefore....someone must pay.

The lawsuit says that the use of deadly force was unwarranted and that the execution of Guilford is wrongful death by Frost.
well they have the video. I guess we'll wait and see right?

well perhaps you should go outside in the real world once in a while!! So you're ok with an unlicensed driver driving at night? Keep them by your house ok?

False the circumstances in which a cop asks for your ID are for all practical purposes the same.
Unhinged's answer was out of context to the subject therefore a dodge.

Your dream is a society where those walking the streets are stopped with a demand of "PAPERS."

I still cling to a free and civil society - few of us left who do.
and off to right field we go. What the hell is that, take a leap at all dude? funny stuff, I tell you what, you name a state, a city, a town that allows someone to drive a vehicle without a license? Oki-doki?

you have no idea how big the kid is, it is night and the inside of the car is dark friend. Being an ass isn't going to change the way society sees criminals, why can't folks like you discuss rationally rather than jump into a tank of gas and light a match?

You're an asshole!

:cuckoo:
No descent normal woman would come within ten feet of you.
The best part is you know it.
Permanent Ignore. You can run up your posts in 15 months to 34000 being a loser with others here.
Thank God I never have to smell your period stink combined with chewing gum and spunk ever again.

Forum List

Back